Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chasing the 8 seed

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    Suns look dangerous. Wonder if they could actually beat everyone out for the 8 seed.
    Take a look at their schedule they win at most 2 games the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I'll leave this here. Just scroll down to the bottom

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...x/phoenix-suns
    Jesus... that schedule is murder down the stretch... no way we finish the worse than 9
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Welp, Phoenix did us no favors tonight. Heres to hoping they go 0-4 their next 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    Suns look dangerous. Wonder if they could actually beat everyone out for the 8 seed.
    Suns blow a 20 pt lead to lose by 12 to the Thunder.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    Take a look at their schedule they win at most 2 games the rest of the year.
    Have you seen our schedule? We must win the road games.

Im just syaing the Suns are a non factor, will we win those tough games and catch OKC? I dont know Houston game and Suns/OKC game are painful.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Suns blow a 20 pt lead to lose by 12 to the Thunder.
    Didn't we do this exact same thing like less than a week ago? Lol.

look at this...

if a week from tonight we are worse than 1 game back... we didn't do enough during this upcoming stretch

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    look at this...

if a week from tonight we are worse than 1 game back... we didn't do enough during this upcoming stretch
    We're going to win all 3. WATCH OUT OKC.

Dallas has OKC away, Houston home, GSW home. If they lose 2-3, OKC might catch them. So it is important for them to stay in front of OKC.
    OKC is fighting for 7-8 th seed, Houston is fighting for second seed. GSW probably will rest someone, but they are very deep...

The easiest way is to win at OKC. We are to far away from Dallas, and we have lost the season series to Mavs (they have couple of easy games left)... So do not think about Dallas losing 6-7 from 8. no chance.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    This morning I listened to Hangtime podcast from yesterday.

Brian Windhorst talked about OKC injuries
    then added that NOLA/Houston are most beat up teams that no one seems to talk about.

Nice that doesn't escape everyone from the national media.
    Gives me hope for them.

Still, I'll get 95% of my Pelicans news from BSS & TBW.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    look at this...

If OKC go 1-2 and NOLA go 2-1

OKC 43-34 w/ 5games left
    NOLA 41-35 w/ 6games left

We pretty much have to go 9-0 from now on.

Go Pel

the other thing that could hold us down are the NBA and their officials if they do not want us to win. See Clippers ge last week. we going to have to beat them too.

i didnt think the thunder would lose last night going into the game - got my hopes up when they went down 20 then watched the Suns franchise fall apart. i fully expect them to be below .500% next year.

i do however expect the thunder to lose their next 3

Outside of the timberwolves and kings game OKC's run home I would say is a little more difficult then ours. If we can get any sort of contribution from RYNO and Jrue if they do come back...well more in the case of Jrue I have some sort of belief we could reach the playoffs. Remember we do own that tie breaker so we all we need to do is match OKC's record and were in. Let's hope the warriors rest their main guys when we play them next too. And hell even if we don't make it I honestly feel like this season has been a success. Yeah we don't own any picks but we do have free agency and the possibility of a trade of two and really that with some more injury luck is all we need to enter that upper echelon in the western conference next season.

Ryno is said to me coming back on the upcoming road trip also. Should help us, a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Ryno is said to me coming back on the upcoming road trip also. Should help us, a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With the emergence of our bench (since he has been gone), especially with Cole, I am excited to see what can be done.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Davis must stay healthy

Also what is the timeline on Ibaka's return? Is he done for year?

Thread Information