Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chasing the 8 seed

OKC next travels to PHX

Daniel Sallerson thinks this is a good spot for the Pels to get back to within 1.5 games
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

That Golden St. game on 4/7 should be very winnable. It's the last of a 3 game road trip for them and they've already wrapped up the top seed.

OKC doesn't play them again.
    Last edited by luckyman; 03-29-2015 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    think a 1st to Utah was involved.
    Ok Id think so. I was just reading an article on ESPN and they mentioned the 3 team trade but no mention of a pick sent to the Jazz. Just wanted to check.

Utah netted two first (but I am probably mistaken).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

it was 2017 okc protected 1st. 2017 pistons 2nd. plus rights for decent euro player tibor pleiss. not bad. especially when kanter didnt want to be there. and jazz didnt want to overpay

Banned
    Never give up on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLHornetsFan View Post
    Kanter is an idiot!!!! "He hated basktball so much in Utah" Whatever, he didn't hate it enough to collect the $6 million a year they were paying him. Hate NBA players that complain about where they play. That's why I don't care for Chris Paul.
    So if AD left would you hate him too
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

I'm really hoping we can sneak into the playoffs and make some noise because I am terrified that the Pelicans will hire Dumars and Avery if not. As much as I have complained about Monty I will gladly have him and Demps over Avery\Dumars any day of the week.

Speaking of dumars. Midway down the page it is rumored for him to be back in the league, possibly here. Hope this isn't true. http://journaltimes.com/sports/baske...e861807a2.html

If he complains for 2 years about wanting out of New Orleans I wouldn't be happy. That is all we heard for 2 years with Chris Paul. He wants traded. Stop {edited - veiled cursing not allowed!} and whining about your team. It happens in the NBA all the time anymore. I hope I'm wrong about AD but I don't see him being like that. Regardless I think New Orleans has done a good job of trying to put a winning team around AD. With Paul it all started when they got rid of his good friend Tyson Chandler. Management made some bad moves. But to hear crap for 2 years about him wanting out it got old, big time.

After reading MM's rant on dumars I must say I fully agree with him. For example different situation but I follow the padres in baseball as much as I do the pelicans. My two favorite sports teams. When the padres fired their GM after an historic low offensive season, they took their time. As a fan I will admit I was impatient. They hired Aj preller after various candidates and weather the padres win or not they found the candidate that met their goals bringing excitement to the city and a "competitive" team on paper. There is a lot of people that are qualified why not interview them all. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That Golden St. game on 4/7 should be very winnable. It's the last of a 3 game road trip for them and they've already wrapped up the top seed.

OKC doesn't play them again.
    Chances they'd throw the game because they'd rather see New Orleans?

Quote Originally Posted by ILLHornetsFan View Post
    If he complains for 2 years about wanting out of New Orleans I wouldn't be happy. That is all we heard for 2 years with Chris Paul. He wants traded. Stop {edited - veiled cursing not allowed!} and whining about your team. It happens in the NBA all the time anymore. I hope I'm wrong about AD but I don't see him being like that. Regardless I think New Orleans has done a good job of trying to put a winning team around AD. With Paul it all started when they got rid of his good friend Tyson Chandler. Management made some bad moves. But to hear crap for 2 years about him wanting out it got old, big time.
    I never heard him complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    If we are getting Jrue and Ryno back and the Thunder are without KD and probably Ibaka, I would think the Warriors would much rather play them. I think we can throw that whole theory out the window now
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    depends on how close we are to OKC by then

Who do we want to lose tonight? OKC or PHX?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I never heard him complain.
    Some confuse him not wanting to be in NOLA the basketball situation (unstable and uncompetitive) with him not wanting to be in NOLA the city.

Banned
    ON our way. NO stopping us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Some confuse him not wanting to be in NOLA the basketball situation (unstable and uncompetitive) with him not wanting to be in NOLA the city.
    Its sad the dude gave most of his career here and ppl treat him like this... Still my favorite player

a key point I didn't even think of...

Wow Suns are beating OKC down right now

hopefully they don't collapse like we did.

Suns look dangerous. Wonder if they could actually beat everyone out for the 8 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    Suns look dangerous. Wonder if they could actually beat everyone out for the 8 seed.
    They just lost at home to Sacramento and Portland. Probably more Okc coming back down to earth on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    I'll leave this here. Just scroll down to the bottom

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...x/phoenix-suns

Thread Information