Pelicans Report

Thread: Anybody watching N.D. vs Kentucky right now?

Anybody watching N.D. vs Kentucky right now?

Do you still want that Calipari guy if he loses this game?

Which Kentucky player can we get our hands on if we can get a draft pick in 2015 draft? Which one would you choose?

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I'd take any of their big men.

I am on the fence with Cal. I don't want him, but I don't not want him either.

He is just an option, with a higher grade than Avery Johnson.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    I'd take any of their big men.
    Yeah, the 3rd kid off the bench will be a good bench guy ala Nick Collison.

And to think AD was spotting 20
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

I think this game only further proved how much of a guard game college basketball is, and how transcendent AD was for dominating in a guard based league.

ND wasn't out coached in this game. They were out-talented. ND should have won last night but talent won out
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    ND wasn't out coached in this game. They were out-talented. ND should have won last night but talent won out
    Sad.

It's always ****ty when you see college sports ruined in front of your eyes by cheating dynasties who get their hand pick of the top 20 recruits. Boring as ****. Sports as a whole has gotten MUCH ****tier in the past 15-20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Sad.

It's always ****ty when you see college sports ruined in front of your eyes by cheating dynasties who get their hand pick of the top 20 recruits. Boring as ****. Sports as a whole has gotten MUCH ****tier in the past 15-20 years.
    Yes, we should totally go back to the days of yore when men were men and college dynasties were clean.
    The Times established that Gilbert, during Wooden's heyday, helped players get cars, clothes, airline tickets and scalpers' prices for UCLA season tickets. Gilbert allegedly even arranged abortions for players' girlfriends.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun...lbert-20100609

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Sad.

This is a joke. ND played extremely well. Kentucky played about a B, B+ game with stretches of flat out BRILLIANT play. At one point, they didn't miss a shot for 12 minutes. Read that again, then go chastise your self in a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Yes, we should totally go back to the days of yore when men were men and college dynasties were clean.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun...lbert-20100609
    I was about to say.

Just put money in the players hands and you can have college dynasties again. Once NBA players started making more money than the CEO of a Fortune 500, and players were eligible to leave college early (or even after High School), the chance for a further college dynasties was killed in cold blood.

Thread Information