Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What? No game thread Pelicans vs Kings?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Did you know Anthony Davis used to be a point guard?

omfg, AD drives and has a layup like a freaking guard, that is just ridiculous.

Lmao ad is going at cousins in this interview " oh he got a few jumpers but we won"

reke with a very good game. under control and 10 assists

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    I always prefer an ugly win than a moral victory
    I don't like the term "moral victory"

I will say this - I am happier after games Pels play well than I am in games they don't. Even if they lose the game they play well in or win the one they play poorly in. For instance, I was not happy at all in the win at Denver. Thought we played like garbage.

Tonight was fine. Not good, not bad. They can get by with this level of play over the next 4. They will get crushed if they play at this level after that though.
    @mcnamara247

Tyreke with 25-10 with 66% shooting and 50% 3pt shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don't like the term "moral victory"

I will say this - I am happier after games Pels play well than I am in games they don't. Even if they lose the game they play well in or win the one they play poorly in. For instance, I was not happy at all in the win at Denver. Thought we played like garbage.

Tonight was fine. Not good, not bad. They can get by with this level of play over the next 4. They will get crushed if they play at this level after that though.
    Would I sound crazy if I said maybe reke should come off the bench and cole start the offense just seems to flow better like tonight when he came in maybe it's hyperbole but idk reke just seems idk

Tyreke Evans 20-31 shots, 6-10 from 3, 7-11 FT's 17 assist in last 2 games. New normal or fluke?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Was Asik guarding cousins the most on this 39/20 night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Would I sound crazy if I said maybe reke should come off the bench and cole start the offense just seems to flow better like tonight when he came in maybe it's hyperbole but idk reke just seems idk
    I think maybe them two playing together and Eric off the bench might be smarter. He just isn't getting any looks right now and Cole can help Reke play off the ball more.

See that makes sense and this is just me but I can see us some how trading Gordon in the off season and starting cole and jrue with jrue more at the sg role and reke still coming off the bench

I think maybe them two playing together and Eric off the bench might be smarter. He just isn't getting any looks right now and Cole can help Reke play off the ball more.
    Seems to me like EG10 may have injured something other than his left front tooth in that hard fall against the Clippers. He was on fire and now he is as cold as ice. I originally was concerned that he hyperextended his left arm in the fall.

Seems to me like EG10 may have injured something other than his left front tooth in that hard fall against the Clippers. He was on fire and now he is as cold as ice. I originally was concerned that he hyperextended his left arm in the fall.
    I think the scouting report has been updated on Gordon. He is an elite catch and shoot guy and teams are now playing him like one. Trailing on all screens. Running him off the line, etc. They are forcing him to beat them off the dribble and he can't - something we all knew, but now other teams know it and are implementing it as well.

I think the scouting report has been updated on Gordon. He is an elite catch and shoot guy and teams are now playing him like one. Trailing on all screens. Running him off the line, etc. They are forcing him to beat them off the dribble and he can't - something we all knew, but now other teams know it and are implementing it as well.
    Yeah. You probably right and it's pretty amazing how quickly modern NBA teams pick up these things. Funny how many people are on board with college basketball with March Madness and claiming that it is a better game. Maybe in the past but no longer. 6 pts against Rockets and 4 pts tonight. Not a good sign for EG.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 03-27-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Yeah. You probably right and it's pretty amazing how quickly modern NBA teams pick up these things. Funny how many people are on board with college basketball with March Madness and claiming that it is a better game. Maybe in the past but no longer.
    I think that people are making the argument that college basketball is more pure. I can't imagine anyone arguing that the skill level is higher.

Tyreke Evans 20-31 shots, 6-10 from 3, 7-11 FT's 17 assist in last 2 games. New normal or fluke?
    Wow 31 shots is alot from your PG, but somebody had to take up the slack for Eric (Witness Protection) Gordon. Where has this dude been the last couple games? Helluva game from tyreke.

And I loved Tony Douglas and Norris Cole's on-the-ball defense, and they both seem to at least TRY to push the rock at the defense when they have the chance.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Wow 31 shots is alot from your PG, but somebody had to take up the slack for Eric (Witness Protection) Gordon. Where has this dude been the last couple games? Helluva game from tyreke.

And I loved Tony Douglas and Norris Cole's on-the-ball defense, and they both seem to at least TRY to push the rock at the defense when they have the chance.
    I think his ankle is starting to heal up a bit.

Also, he's really improving as a shooter. When he takes a 3 I feel there's a more than decent chance it falls. If he keeps this up, he'll be playing like Vince Carter in his later years before long. He won't have that quickness forever, though he was never an above the rim guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

the 31 shots is from 2 games not 1.

Solid win by the Pels. Now let's hope the Jazz can pull one out vs the Thunder and we take care of the Lakers. Lakers actually playing good ball lately. Will be a tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I think his ankle is starting to heal up a bit.

Also, he's really improving as a shooter. When he takes a 3 I feel there's a more than decent chance it falls. If he keeps this up, he'll be playing like Vince Carter in his later years before long. He won't have that quickness forever, though he was never an above the rim guy.
    It might feel that way, but the numbers don't agree. 3-pt % has gone down since AS break.

Assists have gone up, but so have turnovers. Assist to turnover ratio actually lower since the break.

Plenty of good to say about him these next two games, but there will be flame posts soon enough. With Tyreke, you should never get too high on him or too low. He is who he is and a few good games is never a sign of a breakthrough while a few bad games shouldn't make others panic either.

Just ride the Reke Coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Solid win by the Pels. Now let's hope the Jazz can pull one out vs the Thunder and we take care of the Lakers. Lakers actually playing good ball lately. Will be a tough game.
    You already assuming the Minny game will be a win? Let's take care of them first!

It might feel that way, but the numbers don't agree. 3-pt % has gone down since AS break.

Assists have gone up, but so have turnovers. Assist to turnover ratio actually lower since the break.

Plenty of good to say about him these next two games, but there will be flame posts soon enough. With Tyreke, you should never get too high on him or too low. He is who he is and a few good games is never a sign of a breakthrough while a few bad games shouldn't make others panic either.

Just ride the Reke Coaster.
    exactly, tyreke will always be tyreke, no more, no less, a possible 20-5-5 guy who will make some dumb plays and make some "wow" plays.

Fill in the blank,

Asik's performance Fri. night was __________________

You already assuming the Minny game will be a win? Let's take care of them first!
    Oh crap...yea I just forgot about them. Thought it was Lakers next.

Banned
    It will be.

Thread Information