Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Monty, Demps

Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    Really what makes you think we definitely would have ended up with Noel? If we kept the pick we probably would/should've gone with a PG, and his name is Trey Burke. Hindsight makes you look genius huh
    Not sure what your intention is with that counterpoint. If what you suspect was actually true, then that actually makes Dell look even worse.

I like Jrue now that he is here but if you asked me to re-do the 2013 draft night over I would of kept the pick and drafted Noel for myself.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-31-2015 at 04:11 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Is Eric Gordon that much better than someone like Anthony Morrow? Is he even better at all?

And Morrow makes 3 mil per year. Sure, if Gordon wants to opt out and take 3 yrs/15 mil, I will be happy to have him, but he is basically a spot up shooter who can sometimes run the P&R against bad defenses. I appreciate him giving us that as opposed to sitting on the sideline in a suit, but he is not someone I want here long term unless the price tag comes way, way down.
    Gordon healthy is much better than Morrow IMO. Morrow is not a facilitator. Gordon is a superior passer and he's proven that he's a much better distributor than most shooting guards. He's definitely more than just a spot up shooter. I see your point though. We can get more bang for our buck hopefully. Keep in mind Gordon's 3 point shooting is excellent and his passing is excellent. He can make very technical passes and has a high BBIQ. Passing is so important. Look at GSW and SAS. I like Cole, Jrue, Qpon, and Tyreke can be great at times...
    I think it's a risk to resign EG but you seem to think he's easily replaceable?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Gordon healthy is much better than Morrow IMO. Morrow is not a facilitator. Gordon is a superior passer and he's proven that he's a much better distributor than most shooting guards. He's definitely more than just a spot up shooter. I see your point though. We can get more bang for our buck hopefully. Keep in mind Gordon's 3 point shooting is excellent and his passing is excellent. He can make very technical passes and has a high BBIQ. Passing is so important. Look at GSW and SAS. I like Cole, Jrue, Qpon, and Tyreke can be great at times...
    I think it's a risk to resign EG but you seem to think he's easily replaceable?
    I think this is a very, very favorable way to few Gordon. Excellent passing? High BBIQ?

I would say average for both. Yeah, he gets some assists but his turnovers are pretty high too and I have seen no evidence to believe his IQ is high. I would take Gordon over Morrow by a hair. I like Morrow's ability to get his shot off quicker and I like the fact that he doesn't try to do more than he is capable of. If this were NBA 2K, Gordon would be a 78 and Morrow would be a 76 for me
    @mcnamara247

Yeah Gordon is not a real difference maker and his salary makes him expendable if it was possible.

Sucks having Morrow on the roster wasted from last season.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

And I just picked Morrow as a random shooter. Not because he was here last year. Same would go for JJ Reddick, Lou Williams, Courtney Lee, Ben McLemore, etc. All guys making far less money that would have a similar impact IMO. Heck, since Q-Pon came here I think he is giving more than Gordon overall and makes 20% the salary next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    lolololololl
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think this is a very, very favorable way to few Gordon. Excellent passing? High BBIQ?

I would say average for both. Yeah, he gets some assists but his turnovers are pretty high too and I have seen no evidence to believe his IQ is high. I would take Gordon over Morrow by a hair. I like Morrow's ability to get his shot off quicker and I like the fact that he doesn't try to do more than he is capable of. If this were NBA 2K, Gordon would be a 78 and Morrow would be a 76 for me
    No you didn't go NBA2K on us. LOL
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information