Pelicans Report

Thread: Improvements to begin at SKC soon. New videoboards are coming!

Pelicans Improvements to begin at SKC soon. New videoboards are coming!

Some good news,

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...s_funding.html

The capital improvements include: a new state of the art HD room that will service video boards in both the Smoothie King Arena and Superdome. Also new larger scoreboards and video boards will be installed in both buildings to enhance the fan experience.

The Saints contribution has been expected the last three months, but Thornton said the fact that the agreement has not been finalized is not holding up progress on the planned projects. There is a enough money available to begin some of the work that is expected to be complete by the start of next season.

LSED can also ask the state for some of the $6 million that has been earmarked for capital outlay but is being held up in priority due to budget constraints.

"We had to commit to start the design on the new production room," Thornton said. "We are building a TV studio room. They now have a room, which is standard definition. Going to HD TV in Superdome and Smoothie King to produce HD on the big screens in both arenas. Had to undertake that work in January.

good

Since the playoffs isn't in mind we need to get this started after the French Quarter Fest.

The Franchise    Contributor   

love the HD, now we'll be able to see. hopefully they get a new sound system too so we'll be able to hear as well instead of listening to Charlie Brown's teacher the whole game

Hugeaux II I thought I was the only one who thought that. Awful PA system. I'm in the bottom and can't understand what's being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    love the HD, now we'll be able to see. hopefully they get a new sound system too so we'll be able to hear as well instead of listening to Charlie Brown's teacher the whole game
    I still think the dance team should be the Tail-feathers.

So will this help Fox Sports finally have better quality and real HD when we watch games? That's all I care about.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Maybe showtime lights or brighter lights? The games look so dull on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Maybe showtime lights or brighter lights? The games look so dull on TV
    No they'd have to switch the cameras out. Haven't heard anything about that

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Home games are horrid on FSN, away games seem fine though.

Thread Information