Pelicans Report

Thread: Mike D'Antoni anyone???

Mike D'Antoni anyone???

Looking in my crystal ball I see Mike D'Antoni as our next coach

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    So I guess you just want us to continue to be a mediocre team then?

Drugs are bad

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Monty Williams, Avery Johnson, Mike D'Antoni......these guys are NOT the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Drugs are bad
    M'kay???
    Alvin Gentry is my savior

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Monty Williams, Avery Johnson, Mike D'Antoni......these guys are NOT the answer.
    And yet the organization wants to bring in Avery how is it that most of us can see it be ing a bad move but they can't unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    And yet the organization wants to bring in Avery how is it that most of us can see it be ing a bad move but they can't unbelievable
    This is still not verified. One person has a good relationship with Avery. That has been the link. Maybe it is true. Maybe not. We shall see
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Yet unproven guys like Calapari, Smart, Hoiberg, etc, etc are the answer? Or my favorite greatest coach to never win anything Thibs is the answer? Serious question. How do we come to the conclusion which guys are good and which are not?
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    This is still not verified. One person has a good relationship with Avery. That has been the link. Maybe it is true. Maybe not. We shall see
    But isn't that one person benson? And if it is it feels inevitable that it's gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Yet unproven guys like Calapari, Smart, Hoiberg, etc, etc are the answer? Or my favorite greatest coach to never win anything Thibs is the answer? Serious question. How do we come to the conclusion which guys are good and which are not?
    So do you seriously think dantoni would be the answer? Look at our d now how horrible will it be if he's here

Rookie
    D'antoni will be a perfect fit. Due to his Italian experience tactics/strategies/game plans/last ball draws will be in NOLA basketball and we will get more enjoy.

Season difference: 6+ wins

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    So do you seriously think dantoni would be the answer? Look at our d now how horrible will it be if he's here
    I didn't say that. I'm asking what makes the unproven guy better than a coach that's won 60+ games

I wil say this in favor of D'antoni. There were a handful of articles about his talks at the sloan analytics conference and the reporters came away thinking that D'antoni is just as aware of the criticism of himself as his detractors are and seems to have a lot of fresh ideas that he has learned from being an analytics student.

If you are someone who doesnt really like analytics well that probably isn't much of a comfort.

I also think that D'antoni got a raw deal in NY and LA. I mean are there any coaches that could of made those situations work? Im not so sure. I mean in LA Nash is hurt, Howard and Kobe aren't really getting along great and Howard is hurt all season and Kobe has played one way his whole NBA life. Not exactly a recipe for success IMO.

He isn't on the top of my list but I would take the guy over someone like Avery Johnson.

Banned
    Who the hell still thinks Monty should be fired?

And isn't that person being cut out of the will ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Its odd to me to see that we still struggle with the concept that judging coaches is difficult. Some people want to use overall record. Look at Spolstra. Did he become a worse coach since LeBron left? Some people use playoff success, but the number of coaches who already have won a title, and are young enough to coach this team, and would even think about coaching it are one. And that person is widely regarded as a poor coach who teams quit on. I think we have to recognize that coaches aren't easy to judge. We scrutinize Monty because he is unorthodox in some principles, old school in others in face of widespread change, and because we see his decisions every game.

If it were the Pels in the finals in '13 and he didn't have AD in on that play where Allen made that three we'd all call for his head. But it was Pop who pulled Tim Duncan, so no one questioned him. Personally I don't think Monty is the best coach for this team, but he might be the best coach available. And I think we try to put far more blame on the coach than we should.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Not a fan of D'Antoni, but I would look at one of his ex-assistants - Kenny Atkinson, now with the Hawks

If you want to go the up-and-coming assistant route, he is the guy

Not a fan of D'Antoni, but I would look at one of his ex-assistants - Kenny Atkinson, now with the Hawks

Yeah I really like everything I have heard and seen about the guy.

I would certainly be open to him.

Yeah I really like everything I have heard and seen about the guy.

I would certainly be open to him. I really like his demeanor, style and he is supposedly a great developmental guy.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-27-2015 at 10:03 AM.

He isn't a bad coach , he just needs good offensive players for his system to work ( especially a good point guard ) He did a good job in phoenix and in 10-11 knicks before the melo move

Idk how people haven't been satisfied with Monty lately. He's been coaching his *** off these past couple months.

No way in hell D'Antoni becomes our coach. I would stop watching the pels. That is how sure I am that he won't be the coach.
    I'm a grinder

Thread Information