Pelicans Report

Thread: Ryan Anderson says he is returning very soon

Pelicans Ryan Anderson says he is returning very soon

I saw a post from Anderson either on Twitter or Instagram. He praised God and said something like he is very excited and will be back very soon. If someone could find this and post it here that would be great. I looked or a minute while I am driving but couldn't find it. So I'm trying to be safe or else I would post it.

People can say what they want about Anderson and I undeftsand everyone has a different opinion and I completelty respect that unless it's just ridiculous. Outside of Davis Anderson and Holiday are easily our most important pieces to this team and the 3 I woudlnt move unless we get something in return that would be stupid to turn down. I understand both have been hurt but to me it is more a case of very bad luck than being injury prone. It's starting to get to late where his impact mite not save us to make the playoffs but he is a huge piece to our success and I hope he is here for an extension after this one. These injuries and are loyalty to him could really get us a hometown discount and have him on a very team friendly contract after his current one. I can't wait to see him back finishing games with Davis and giving teams serious problems. I watched Golden State the other night playing Green at Center and Barnes at PF so to me Anderson and Davis would wreck those 2 guys. This injury riddled season really sucks even more than last. I'm completey confident if we could have stayed relatively healthy with guys missing games here and there we are a top 6 seed lock and who knows how high up we could be.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-25-2015 at 03:51 PM.

If I'm not mistaken on Twitter this morning news broke that Ryno is having a custom knee brace being made for him. They said it would be next week when he plays.

April 4-15 is absolutely brutal. Would be nice to have him 100% for that stretch
    @mcnamara247

Ole Rhyno the flamethrower is clutch!

unless he's coming back in a time machine maybe he should just sit out for the remainder

I don't know whether I'm excited or worried. If we get Ryno from most of this season he may just bury any chances we have at the playoffs. He has been so streaky and has been abysmal in the clutch. If we can get Ryno from last season he will be such a huge boost that could turn around this grim end of the season and build some great momentum.

How could Ryno possibly be worse than we are getting from Cunningham?

Even the Ryno we got this year is so much more impactful than Dante. I don't get why we are still debating this.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Even the Ryno we got this year is so much more impactful than Dante. I don't get why we are still debating this.
    Well he is a horrible defender and has been shooting like utter **** down the stretch of games. So if we are in close games and he clanks two to three shots then is a complete liability on the other end of the floor.....

Well he is a horrible defender and has been shooting like utter **** down the stretch of games. So if we are in close games and he clanks two to three shots then is a complete liability on the other end of the floor.....

With all that said. I am all for him coming back. I'm worried but it's not like we aren't in a position to take that chance. I put him back into the lineup 10 times out of 10. We need to get something going and Ryno has the ceiling to deliver just that. He was probably my favorite player to watch last season next to AD so I would love him to get back to form.

To me, that is all I got left to keep me excited these last few games. Having Ryno and Jrue finish this season on the court will send me into the summer happy.

To me, that is all I got left to keep me excited these last few games. Having Ryno and Jrue finish this season on the court will send me into the summer happy.
    Hey, like I said. Give it to me. To me all the talk of hurting the continuity we have built doesn't mean jack **** when we are on a losing streak like this and frankly, as much as I want the playoffs, I want to see a few more games at full Health as much if not more. It's such crap to say that after two seasons I can't honestly say what we truly have with our core group of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Hey, like I said. Give it to me. To me all the talk of hurting the continuity we have built doesn't mean jack **** when we are on a losing streak like this and frankly, as much as I want the playoffs, I want to see a few more games at full Health as much if not more. It's such crap to say that after two seasons I can't honestly say what we truly have with our core group of guys.
    Imagine how Dell and Monty feel. We have some anger, they might lose their jobs over it. I couldn't imagine how frustrated they are.

Imagine how Dell and Monty feel. We have some anger, they might lose their jobs over it. I couldn't imagine how frustrated they are.
    I'm in no way a fan of Monty as a coach but I genuinely think he's a good man. Also feel like Dell has made some very positives moves. Feel sorry for those guys. Dell especially.

Honestly, hat in hand I would go to OKC and ask if they would be interested in a Mitch McGary Ryan Anderson swap. Obviously not a strait up trade, but either us giving up something, or them giving up something, I would really like to do that.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I like Monty the man. I happened to sit next to him on an early morning flight from California once (my closest brush with fame). From my posting of him you would think I hate hated the guy, but those few hours in the air were quite interesting, and while I don't wish him to be our coach any longer, I would like him to fill an NBA capacity somewhere (here or otherwise). He is a good guy with a great head on his shoulders, and a man of faith beyond his own. Great guy, mediocre basketball coach.

I may not think Monty is the greatest coach and I have certainly been one of the vocal minority of posters that has never been fully on board with the draft pick trades for Jrue and then Evans and Asik. At the end of the day though it really sucks that Monty and Dell may ultimately be fired. Not because their model failed in optimal conditions but because injuries put them in a lose/lose situation.

I could be 100% wrong about them and I would be fine with that if it just means we get to actually see this team healthy and playing.

I am really starting to believe that if Benson ponies up the money and the power that John Calipari could be here this summer. That is the kind of home run swing an owner would take if he were truly serious about winning big and/or igniting a fan base.

But can Caliper recruit any of his former players to play here with AD?

I am really starting to believe that if Benson ponies up the money and the power that John Calipari could be here this summer. That is the kind of home run swing an owner would take if he were truly serious about winning big and/or igniting a fan base.
    Are you in the camp that thinks he would be a good coach for this team? Or are you saying that would be a move to get more fans?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    Are you in the camp that thinks he would be a good coach for this team? Or are you saying that would be a move to get more fans?
    Both.

I love how people criticize him as a coach because his players are too good. Think he is just a recruiter. That is beyond BS.

I think a big part of being a great coach is getting your players to buy in. That won't be a problem at all. You watch that recent piece on Willie Cauley-Stein and you see how great a motivator Cal is and how he cares about his players. You also hear that from every guy who is in the NBA now who played for him. He can also show tough love - See: DeMarcus Cousins.

His X's and O's might not be the best in the world, but they are very good and the hope would be that he surrounds himself with NBA savvy assistants like Kerr did. And yes, on top of that, he will get the city buzzing. He might be the only guy that AD would instantly consider an upgrade over Monty. He might be able to recruit other former Kentucky players (Cousins gets disgruntled and has only one team on his trade demand list or MKG comes here when he is a FA, etc.)

I just believe it makes sense in so many ways. Always thought the biggest hang up was Cal wanting to leave, but if he does, there is no better job for him and Benson would have to see the financial benefits.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Honestly, hat in hand I would go to OKC and ask if they would be interested in a Mitch McGary Ryan Anderson swap. Obviously not a strait up trade, but either us giving up something, or them giving up something, I would really like to do that.
    What about a Morrow and McGary for Ryno?
    This gives a guy basically who does what Gordon does now, plus he is a guy who is leader that will hold guys accountable and likes the team, knows the system in Morrow as well as a solid replacement for Ryno at backup 4 in McGary.

McGary isn't a 3pt shooter by any means, but he is one of the better up and coming bigs. Sadly I doubt they would move McGary before they moved Ibaka. McGary is in the first year of a rookie deal, so they are paying next to nothing for what most teams pay a 3rd big for.

Like we are paying Ajinca.
    They have way to many bigs - they MIGHT try to move someone (Ibaka, Kanter have backups - McG, Collison, Adams)

Thread Information