Pelicans Report

Thread: 2015 Mock Draft Thread

2015 Mock Draft Thread

Let us say we trade Evans or Holiday or somehow get a 1st round pick. Who would you want? There are some online mocks posted.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2015/0...ament-edition/

Anyone think we get a draft pick? Anyone? That center for Wisconsin is not that bad but if we could get the center for Kentucky that would be great.
    Last edited by 4Real; 03-21-2015 at 11:03 AM.

I don't. If Dell is here I don't really trust his scouting. Outside of Davis he scouted Rivers as the best on his board at the time of the tenth pick and would of chose Thomas Robinson if we had not gotten the first pick. Then would of taken - if rumors are correct - Burke over Noel, Greak Freak, or Adams.

So frankly even if we somehow keep the pick I expect he will either trade it or blow it.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I don't. If Dell is here I don't really trust his scouting. Outside of Davis he scouted Rivers as the best on his board at the time of the tenth pick and would of chose Thomas Robinson if we had not gotten the first pick. Then would of taken - if rumors are correct - Burke over Noel, Greak Freak, or Adams.

So frankly even if we somehow keep the pick I expect he will either trade it or blow it.
    To give him props - and this is things I heard from people I trust, not Dell himself - he was in love with both Klay Thompson and Kenneth Faried in the 2011 draft. Also met with Chandler Parsons and liked him too.

Monty has implied recently that Lillard was one of the top 3 guys on their draft board. (I am assuming MKG was the other, but don't know). They have also said they would have taken Drummond if he was there at 10. Rivers was the next guy on their board, then Meyers Leonard.

As for the 2013 draft, they had Noel ahead of Burke and were gonna take him regardless, whether it was to keep him or trade him. But yes, Burke was the guy they were assuming they were gonna take all day because nobody though Noel would fall to 6. The 76ers had told them that if Bennett, Noel, or Oladipo were on the board, they would execute the Holiday trade. If all three of those were gone, Burke was the pick.

Thank god that didn't happen. At least there is still some hope for Holiday if he gets healed.

As for the question the OP posed - if Dell is here, this will not happen IMO. If he is gone, then anything goes and I like:

D'Angelo Russell, Willie Cauley-Stein, and Justise Winslow. That's about it. Later in the draft, Justin Anderson intrigues me a little bit
    @mcnamara247

Thanks MM. That is more reassuring.

Makes me feel a little better if we get healthy and somehow keep our pick. Maybe we can find out own Gobert type steal in the late first.

Thank you M.M. I want Dell gone. He made Monty look bad.
    Last edited by 4Real; 03-21-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I would not trade Jrue unless it was for a big upgrade at the lead guard. I have faith that they can figure out this injury thing and he will see a whole lot more time on the court with Davis in the future. He is, in my opinion, far and away this team's second best player and healthy. I think his value is a little underrated because he has never had time to fully fit in with his teammates. He was truly starting to hit his stride over the past two seasons before he got injured, I just want to see him play a 82 game season and I think the results would be great.

I would be willing to dangle Tyreke and Ryno out on a string this off-season, I am not sure we will get any deals that really help us though.

I feel like jrue has been hurt so long people forget exactly what we had in jrue. And it wasn't all sunshine and roses.

For all the talk of his defensive prowess he was not very good on that side of the ball consistently this year or last.

He was struggling to be aggressive and smart offensively. And he was Jekyll and Hyde from night to night. Going from one play style to another with little rhyme or reason. Never really finding a niche. Some nights he looked timid offensively and others he was too aggressive and taking bad shot after bad shot.

I like the guy. I think he has good potential and is emerging as a good facilitator now that he seemingly has gotten his turnover tendencies down, but the only reason he is the second best player on this team is because we don't have a legit second best player. At least not one that could go to another western playoff team and be anything more then a 3rd or 4th option.

The idea that jrue is untouchable to me is kind of silly.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-21-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Caris Lavert

Kevon Looney (he is slated to be picked right where we would have been picking

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/

I always figured Monty had the main say in bringing Rivers to New Orleans.

I doubt we trade for a high pick, but I guess could dangle Ryno, Jrue, Evans, and Gordon. I like Russell and Jarell Martin

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I always figured Monty had the main say in bringing Rivers to New Orleans.

I doubt we trade for a high pick, but I guess could dangle Ryno, Jrue, Evans, and Gordon. I like Russell and Jarell Martin
    Boh Dell and Monty had connections to Rivers and seemingly liked him as a prospect. It was seemingly a consensus bad opinion they both shared.

The Franchise    Contributor   

I had heard the red flags with Drummond had them scared off, but who knows...
    If we can't jump the thunder maybe we defy the odds (or benson bought 2 lottery wins from stern...) who is everybody's top 3? I'd almost think that's more likely than us trading in to the later first round. I don't think Dell, or anybody else, wants to develop a mid first while trying to put together a contender around AD

If we were to move Jrue for a top 5 pick (like thats happening) give me Mudiay. I think he is the most NBA ready of the bunch. He will have a better career than Westbrook, or any other pig's of the 6'5 variety. Unlike the last enigma player (Exum) Emmanuel has played top level talent before, and has done exceptionally well.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thoughts?

Not an LSU fan but I thought he was a great player. His game will translate to the NBA, as he usually rose to the challenge during big games.

I wouldn't mind finding a way to bring him in, but I am no draft guru, so how much would it cost? Will he be there in the 2nd round?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Not an LSU fan but I thought he was a great player. His game will translate to the NBA, as he usually rose to the challenge during big games.

I wouldn't mind finding a way to bring him in, but I am no draft guru, so how much would it cost? Will he be there in the 2nd round?
    Sounds like a Mcnamera or Guru question?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Sounds like a Mcnamera or Guru question

Thread Information