Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chasing 8: Pelicans @ Suns Game Thread

Asik is terrible , his not an athlete

34 points in a half when we need to win this to make the playoffs , teams a joke sometimes

I find it absolutely ridiculous that anthony davis missed this game over a sprained ankle... Makes your appreciate westbrooks perseverance and determination so much more

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I gotta tip my hat to Tyreke. Gonna try to keep moving and play on his ankle
    That's what you do when the games matter
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    He is forcing a ton of misses and has played great defense.

Suns haven't even been playing remotely good , any other team would blow out this Suns uniform . Heck even the Sixers

Quote Originally Posted by LOLLakers View Post
    He is forcing a ton of misses and has played great defense.
    That makes sense for Suns rxtrenely high amount of points in the paint

I hate to say this, but if Cole is gonna keep shooting I'd rather see Jimmer. Dam that was horrible.

Asik is the only one that showed up tonight.

Asik is the only one that showed up tonight.
    I'M glad someone is watching. He has been excellent. Fantastic defensive positioning and even when he gets switched onto a perimeter guy, he plays him well. Only guy keeping us in this. Without him, Pels would still have 34, but Suns would have 60
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    That's what you do when the games matter
    He can barely move out there. He can't even jump. Honestly, he SHOULDN'T be playing.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Pretty clear we have problems with our medical staff. Tyreke tweaks an ankle and hes back in minutes, AD tweaks an ankle and we go into Defcon 5. I wonder what kind of message that sends to a team that already struggles with effort/consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Pretty clear we have problems with our medical staff. Tyreke tweaks an ankle and hes back in minutes, AD tweaks an ankle and we go into Defcon 5. I wonder what kind of message that sends to a team that already struggles with effort/consistency.
    Tyreke missed the rest of the game he sprained his ankle in, missed the next game, and had nearly a week to heal.

AD injured his ankle TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I know that you don't draw such definitive conclusions on such few facts in your real life. None of us do. At least I hope.

There has been a lot of talk on this board about AD tonight. But none of us know a single fact about the severity of his injury. Not one. I don't get the point of trying to try to draw conclusions with no facts. What is the appeal in doing that?

And that question is for everyone who has done it today - seriously what is the point of trying to draw a conclusion when you have no facts at your disposal?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Frustration. Id feel better if AD was playing or if Tyreke was sitting. I cant explain it, but something just doesnt feel right.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's a coping mechanism, I think.

AD secretly trying to worm his way out of the team is a concept we can grasp as we've experienced that before. Same with calling him soft.

We can rationalize that. It's not good. But we can put our minds around the concept.

That things just happen doesn't help ease minds.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Going on a run.

Wolverine in beast mode.

Ok I'm no Asik hater but omg he looks like the slowest person I hve seen in the NBA. I don't care if he had 30 rebounds right now he completely looks like he has been loafing it. People wanna know what separates him and Noah? Noah can run for 60+ minutes and look the same Asik plays for 3 mins and has to get taken out he looks so slow and out of shape.

So I'm totally watching the end of the LSU game. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Your aren't a velly gud speeler

That was the most depressing end ever.

Now I'll say Asik has played well but for some reason tonight he just looks extra slow or tired.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I know that you don't draw such definitive conclusions on such few facts in your real life. None of us do. At least I hope.

There has been a lot of talk on this board about AD tonight. But none of us know a single fact about the severity of his injury. Not one. I don't get the point of trying to try to draw conclusions with no facts. What is the appeal in doing that?

And that question is for everyone who has done it today - seriously what is the point of trying to draw a conclusion when you have no facts at your disposal?
    Sadly alot of our society is like that... making judgements witout knowing all the facts or the whole story.

So I'm totally watching the end of the LSU game. . .
    Me too

Thread Information