Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AD hurt at shootaround

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMS1717 View Post
    If he is hurting, he better sit. I'd rather him miss these three games then be at 50% for the rest of the season or worst. You guys are unbelievable, expecting him to play on a bad leg. Ruin his future and then still might not make the playoffs. We aren't going anywhere even if we get in. Reke at the point is a disaster. Too much me and not enough team play.
    Weird, Tyreke averaging his highest assist numbers of his career, but he's selfish.

If he is hurting, he better sit. I'd rather him miss these three games then be at 50% for the rest of the season or worst. You guys are unbelievable, expecting him to play on a bad leg. Ruin his future and then still might not make the playoffs. We aren't going anywhere even if we get in. Reke at the point is a disaster. Too much me and not enough team play.
    So, in your opinion, we should cash in our chips? Anything can happen once you get in the playoffs. The Pels are too close to the playoffs to save a 20yo until next season. If The Pels sit him out for the next three games, he should just sit until next season. They'll be no reason to bring him back then. I get what you're saying but at some point, winning and gutting it out through hardship has to be a priority on this team. This narrative about not contending until 2017 is hogwash. We seem to be contending now if you ask me. AD must play. No if, ands, or buts about it.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 03-19-2015 at 04:33 PM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    So, in your opinion, we should cash in our chips? Anything can happen once you get in the playoffs. The Pels are too close to the playoffs to save a 20yo until next season. If The Pels sit him out for the next three games, he should just sit until next season. They'll be no reason to bring him back then. I get what you're saying but at some point, winning and gutting it out through hardship has to be a priority on this team.
    This. We ARE playing for something. If you aren't fighting for a playoff spot (that would be ours to lose if we win tonight), then why even play the GD game to between with.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    So, in your opinion, we should cash in our chips? Anything can happen once you get in the playoffs. The Pels are too close to the playoffs to save a 20yo until next season. If The Pels sit him out for the next three games, he should just sit until next season. They'll be no reason to bring him back then. I get what you're saying but at some point, winning and gutting it out through hardship has to be a priority on this team.
    To each his own, I'd rather rest him for the next couple of games and have him for the last 12 then risk having him at 50% or less for the rest of the year. We have won without him before, we can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I hate to validate da Throne...

But Anthony Davis has missd (TO THIS POINT) 27 games over the last 2 seasons....

Andre Drummond.... 1.

Well we at least know who's more durable.
    What does that validate? Does that make Drummond the better player? Would you swap the two?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What does that validate? Does that make Drummond the better player? Would you swap the two?
    Just stating something that Drummond excels at.... Being healthy

Why the heck would anybody want AD to risk further injuring himself simply to make the playoffs and lose in the 1st round?

That's just craziness.

Just stating something that Drummond excels at.... Being healthy
    Dude, you are the only person I've ever seen that has the audacity to compare Drummond to AD. I would trade 3 Drummonds for 1 AD. As would 90% of the civilized world. Hell, I'd even throw in a bag of chips.

Banned
    Dude, you are the only person I've ever seen that has the audacity to compare Drummond to AD. I would trade 3 Drummonds for 1 AD. As would 90% of the civilized world. Hell, I'd even throw in a bag of chips.
    That's an extreme understatement. They are not even in the same galaxy.

Clearly you are new to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why the heck would anybody want AD to risk further injuring himself simply to make the playoffs and lose in the 1st round?

That's just craziness.
    Where is it written that we lose in round 1?

That's just craziness.
    I mean if we take that line of thinking to its logical conclusion one would be arguing that AD shouldn't play banged up unless we are in a position to likely win a championship. Which is a position I can respect but I just don't agree with.

To me this isn't a throwaway season. A lot rides on it. The possibility of playoffs. The possible jobs of his coach, GM and teammates. His peers that want to get to the playoffs. The growth of this fanbase that writes his checks. He himself that wants to get to the playoffs.

Its a question of the self vs the team. To me this is a situation where if it isn't too bad, the team needs to come first tonight. It's a risk and the sort of situation where pundits and the I-told-you-so people make their living off of if he hurts it further but I think he should give it a go. If it isn't too bad.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-19-2015 at 05:17 PM.

Clearly you are new to this forum
    Not really, been around a while, just reading and learning, I was told many years ago we should make our best efforts to make sense and have a clue before we speak. Obviously, everyone doesn't act the same way.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He hasn't learned how to pick his spots when to explode and put his body out there.

He's so balls to the walls, he gets in those positions where he can land badly. All part of the process.

He's no more injury prone than he is tenacious.

I'm not too worried about this.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    He's got to be more aware, that's all.

Not really, been around a while, just reading and learning, I was told many years ago we should make our best efforts to make sense and have a clue before we speak. Obviously, everyone doesn't act the same way.
    Dagnabbit, my parents dun raised me bad

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He hasn't learned how to pick his spots when to explode and put his body out there.

He's so balls to the walls, he gets in those positions where he can land badly. All part of the process.

He's no more injury prone than he is tenacious.

I'm not too worried about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    He's got to be more aware, that's all.
    Both good points. Most of his injuries have been in situations like you are mentioning. We just have to hope he has a better learning curve with that area of the game then guys like Rose or Gordon. Which if the past is any indicator he absolutely will.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean if we take that line of thinking to its logical conclusion one would be arguing that AD shouldn't play banged up unless we are in a position to likely win a championship. Which is a position I can respect but I just don't agree with.

To me this isn't a throwaway season. A lot rides on it. The possibility of playoffs. The possible jobs of his coach, GM and teammates. His peers that want to get to the playoffs. The growth of this fanbase that writes his checks. He himself that wants to get to the playoffs.

Its a question of the self vs the team. To me this is a situation where if it isn't too bad, the team needs to come first tonight. It's a risk and the sort of situation where pundits and the I-told-you-so people make their living off of if he hurts it further but I think he should give it a go. If it isn't too bad.
    This post is awesome

LOL. Crying about AD not playing on a rolled ankle and saying he should "play through it" is so short sighted.

I'd rather he miss tonight to be able to play against GSW or LA. If there's any game to sit him it's tonight. Not force him now and then he hurt it worse.

We are already missing Ryno and Jrue. I'd rather we save risking ADs future for when we have at least our top guys.

Playoffs might seem "big" now to you guys but you still never risk the health of a player like AD.

Banged up is way different then actively having an injury and people saying "he better play". Reke had been trying to play on a bum ankle. How has that worked out for us?

You rush things and the injury gets worse then what? Look at Durant this year, just today:

News on Kevin Durant today concerning. Soreness/foot issues just continue to linger. Doing less court work than this time last week.

All because he rushed coming back from his foot surgery.

Nah man. You people ARE crazy for saying AD should play through it. If its bad enough he thinks he has to sit I trust him. Dude gave up his ASG start because of injury. The least you people should do is give him the benefit of the doubt.

He is joking about a very specific poster that made a lot of ruckus(not always his own doing and more and more the prodding of others was what brought it on as time went on) in most AD threads for a couple years.

He maintained til recently - and still might actually - that Drummond was the superior player and AD wasn't going to amount to a top ten player ever. Still doesnt think he is a top ten player.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-19-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Dagnabbit, my parents dun raised me bad
    Appears so, I guess you are a JIMMER fan too. Well in that case, all is well.

LOL. Crying about AD not playing on a rolled ankle and saying he should "play through it" is so short sighted.

I'd rather he miss tonight be able to play against GSW or LA. If there's any game to sit him it's tonight. Not force him now and then he hurt it worse.

We are already missing Ryno and Jrue. I'd rather we save risking AD$s future for when we have at least our top guys.

Playoffs might seem "big" now to you guys but you still never risk the health of a player like AD.

Banged up is way different then actively having an injury and people saying "he better play".

You rush things and the injury gets worse then what? Look at Durant this year, just today:

News on Kevin Durant today concerning. Soreness/foot issues just continue to linger. Doing less court work than this time last week.

All because he rushed coming back from his foot surgery.

Nah man. You people ARE crazy for saying AD should play through it. If its bad enough he thinks he has to sit I trust him. Dude gave up his ASG start because of injury. The least you people should do is give him the benefit of the doubt.
    At this time of year everyone is hurt. If it is bad, yeah, he should sit. If it is a bit ginger, then he should play. I don't think anyone is suggesting that he should go out there if he is in serious pain.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    At this time of year everyone is hurt. If it is bad, yeah, he should sit. If it is a bit ginger, then he should play. I don't think anyone is suggesting that he should go out there if he is in serious pain.
    Someone literally said unless it's broke he should play. . .

Quite a bit of commotion for a being questionable after a sprained ankle. Stephan Curry is on that amazing deal because everyone thought that he was injury prone after his first few seasons in the league.

I just bought tickets for this game and if AD doesn't play I don't know if I want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Someone literally said unless it's broke he should play. . .
    Well then I would have a differing level of agreement in that case. I don't agree with that. Still, I think there is good reason for why he should give it a go if it isn't that bad.

Thread Information