Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AD hurt at shootaround

AD hurt at shootaround

Questionable for tonight's game. Sprained ankle

The Franchise
    This is playoff time, he needs to suck it up and play.

Man I have a bad feeling this will be the story of his career
    I'm a grinder

This gotta be a joke

I doubt it's his ankle.
    I bet it's the injury he sustained during the Bucks game.

Banned
    I hope he is on the bench and not watching the UK game.

Banned
    Giannis

Banned
    Reke is still hurting too. He said he hurt the team his ankle hurts so bad.

Sprained left ankle according to John Reid. Listed as questionable
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

This is getting to be absolutely stupid at this point. I mean i know we cant prove it is our training staff but dammit something needs to change. We cant just keep the status quo.

1) how the hell do you sprain an ankle during shoot-around
    2) he better play anyway

Cmon man damm...

He needs to play. He is a 3rd year MVP candidate on a team fighting to make the playoffs. A rolled ankle should not stop him( unless he tore/broke something which will probably be the case knowing the way this team diagnosis and reveals injury information.)

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    This is getting to be absolutely stupid at this point. I mean i know we cant prove it is our training staff but dammit something needs to change. We cant just keep the status quo.
    Yeah as is always proper to point out, correlation does not equal causation. With that said, the injuries, the players that seem to feel more comfortable rehabbing elsewhere(Jrue in Cali, Gordon interview talking about Germany) and the surprise diagnosis seem to be a recurring theme around here. Maybe it is just sheer dumb luck but man is it frustrating.

I would LOVE to see the sort of money devoted to our training staff and medical staff that Phoenix or LAC are spending. Or places like Dallas and Milwaukee that are investing in medical analytics to injuries and help prevention.

Even If if it isn't the fault of our training or medical staff, to me, like any problem in sports, you try and find avenues to help fix it and try and be on the cutting edge to keep competitive. Maybe a large upgrade could help. It certainly couldn't hurt.

.....With that said this particular case seems to be a unavoidable situation. However Davis does need to tough it out at this point in the season unless he literally can't play. Him just being their for open jumpsuits, rim protection and drawing defenders will help us against a must win game before a likely loss tomorrow. He doesnt need to make gymnastic jumps for boards - let Asik get his - or throw down lobs.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-19-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Banned
    It will be hard to pick him up with Reke not a full strength.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    AD gettin' that injury prone tag...

I hold my breath any time he jumps up to put up a shot after cutting to a basket. Dude has no control over his lanky body when he lands lol

Banned
    He grew so much in a short period of time you wonder if his body will ever adjust. This may just be a bad streak of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    He grew so much in a short period of time you wonder if his body will ever adjust. This may just be a bad streak of luck.
    You noticed that too? He STILL sometimes flashes the semblance of a baby lamb trying to walk for the first time

AD should be wrapped in bubble wrap at all times. He is so fragile.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    AD should be wrapped in bubble wrap at all times. He is so fragile.
    I know the NBA season doesnt exactly make it easy to stay in the weight room, but am I crazy or has AD lost a good bit of weight over the course of this season? More then you normally expect.

He looks almost like he lost all of the size gains he made in the offseason.

Again, maybe I am crazy.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-19-2015 at 04:03 PM.

I hate to validate da Throne...

But Anthony Davis has missd (TO THIS POINT) 27 games over the last 2 seasons....

Andre Drummond.... 1.

Well we at least know who's more durable.

If AD's ankle isn't broken, he better play. There's no reason to save him at this point in the season. Everything can't be about the future or next season. He needs to play and earn his stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    If AD's ankle isn't broken, he better play. There's no reason to save him at this point in the season. Everything can't be about the future or next season. He needs to play and earn his stripes.
    Agreed. The future = now. We are making a push. Will we win it all (or even make it)? No, probably not, but we are making a push and that is JUST as much important for this team as anything else is. And it's just as important for him as a leader to be out there too. Especially against Phoenix, who (while they have staggered lately) is on our tail as well.

Man, I hope he plays tonight and I really hope that he doesn't start getting the "Injury prone" title.

The point that his body may not be able to handle the quick growth spurt he had makes somewhat of sense, but I don't want to believe that in the least bit! It would be a shame for such a great talent to be struck by the injury bug. Ex: Brandon Roy.

Is this a real issue we should be worried about??

If he is hurting, he better sit. I'd rather him miss these three games then be at 50% for the rest of the season or worst. You guys are unbelievable, expecting him to play on a bad leg. Ruin his future and then still might not make the playoffs. We aren't going anywhere even if we get in. Reke at the point is a disaster. Too much me and not enough team play.

Thread Information