Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans vs Bucks - 3-17-15

That was acting by Illv

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I just want this quarter to end...

Illyasova racking up those flopping fines

This officiating crew is terrible.

10 point 2nd quarter....thats gotta be a season low.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

such a badly officiated game thus far

By far the worst officiated quarter of basketball I have ever seen at any level

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That was acting by Illv
    I wish our guy's would do a bit of acting especially when driving to the basket.

31 minutes by the bench. Zero points. That is not acceptable for a half.

10 pts....pathetic

Banned
    We just have to relax. We are way better and have to do our thing in the 3rd.

Players get called out all the time for bad play.

Do you think Monty handled the first 7 of the 2nd qtr correctly?
    Maybe not. But again, that is NOT my point. Go ahead and criticize, but I look at every post and don't see any praise. I don't know how to explain this more clearly. I am not getting on anybody for calling him out if you think he did wrong, but does he do anything right? Or is everything the Pels do well in spite of him?
    @mcnamara247

We absolutely cannot afford to lose this game. The Bucks took it to us in the 2nd quarter. We need to play a little tougher in the 2nd half...The collapse wasn't all on Monty. The players need to play with some more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Maybe not. But again, that is NOT my point. Go ahead and criticize, but I look at every post and don't see any praise. I don't know how to explain this more clearly. I am not getting on anybody for calling him out if you think he did wrong, but does he do anything right? Or is everything the Pels do well in spite of him?
    If you are so worried why aren't you praising him and maybe people will join in?

I here you make this argument often, yet I don't see you doing anything to fix it. You could have just as easily praised him as you say others didn't.

That would have a lot more positive influence than after the fact trying to criticize people for not praising him.

and the Bucks are giving Tyreke the wide open 3. They are doubling AD everytime he touches the ball. AD is making the right decisions by finding the open man. Monty should consider inserting Babbit while AD is out there. We knock down some 3s and maybe the bucks will relax their double teaming

Everything went wrong there. Cold shooting. No calls our way. Hopefully we find our first quarter form out of half time.

I praise Monty when does well. There has been times when he has been exceptional, but then there are times when his coaching strategies, rotation, and overall game management baffles me. The end of the Nuggets game where we didnt foul when we were up 3 with 14 seconds left and the Nuggets had no times out left and this 2nd quarter are prime examples. As a coach there's no way you let your team get ran out of the building on your home floor for 7 minutes without trying something different (new lineup, new defensive approach, etc)

Cole has also come back down to earth recently. Qpon on the other hand has only gotten stronger.

I didn't think the refs were that bad other than that one Illv call.

The biggest issue to me was that 7 minute stretch to start the 2nd. Bench players got 0 points in 31 minutes. Monty let it go too long without calling a TO, and starters should have come in earlier.

We stopped the bleeding once starters came in but it was too late at that point.

If you are so worried why aren't you praising him and maybe people will join in?

I here you make this argument often, yet I don't see you doing anything to fix it. You could have just as easily praised him as you say others didn't.

That would have a lot more positive influence than after the fact trying to criticize people for not praising him.
    I am not choosing to praise or criticize, though. Mostly because we are all fools if we think we know what his instructions and/or intent is. All we see are results and then we make assumptions from there. We have no real knowledge on his job performance. I just find it funny that he is only discussed when things are going poor.

That is all. I will leave. Grab the pitchforks if ya'll want. I was just trying to guid the conversation back to a more balanced place. But that is not for game day threads. I know that, and will exit.

All-Star
    Jimmer needs to play. He can score and the teams scores when he is on the floor.

I have an argument for you, what Monty forgot about the game of basketball, you and his critics will never know. And whats worse is you think you know. The players play the game, not Monty. Monty didn't score 30 in the first and then 10 in the second.It was the players. Give this Monty bashing a rest and try to enjoy the game. Or, maybe bask Reke., cause he sucks.!!!!!!!

AD played just about 20:30 of that 1st half

if this game stays close... he'll have to play about 22:00 of the 2nd half
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I am not choosing to praise or criticize, though. Mostly because we are all fools if we think we know what his instructions and/or intent is. All we see are results and then we make assumptions from there. We have no real knowledge on his job performance. I just find it funny that he is only discussed when things are going poor.

That is all. I will leave. Grab the pitchforks if ya'll want. I was just trying to guid the conversation back to a more balanced place. But that is not for game day threads. I know that, and will exit.
    Avoiding game day threads if you are looking for balanced conversation is a smart idea. I had to learn this lesson as well.

All-Star
    Reke was pretty terrible. 12 shots and 3 assists.

Thread Information