Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Chasing 8: Nuggets @ Pelicans Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Monty was terrible tonight. Getting abused in the Paint and asik gets no run. We literally beat the crap out of this team in the paint 2 weeks and Monty has no clue what do when the nuggets went small.

Tyreke on Nelson was awful. Cunningham couldnt match up with anyone on the court. Qpon would have been a better option out there instead of reke especially on defense. Asik should have been out there instead of Dante. Extremely simple stuff that monty can't get when he has a relatively healthy roster.

Theres no way you don't have Qpon out there instead of Tyreke when you are up by 3. Instead of course Tyreke gets held up in a screen and gives up a wide open 3.
    i didn't know why oa wasn't in the game after denver called timeouts. He was the only pelicans big enough to deter faried and surely he can add 1 or 2 extra rebound. Ad was long and quick enough to challenge/block jumpshoots
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

Throughout this thread, Asik is the worst player of all time. By the end of it, Monty is an idiot for not having played him more.

No comment. I just find that interesting.
    @mcnamara247

Banned
    He is awkward so he his easy to pick on.

With everything that went wrong in this game... had we made a few free throws we win in regulation.

Banned
    I'm glad with all the minutes...we aren't playing a back to back.

It was a team loss...top to bottom.

Except Jimmer, he was the only one who didn't play.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    (ahem!)

Free Throws.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Throughout this thread, Asik is the worst player of all time. By the end of it, Monty is an idiot for not having played him more.

No comment. I just find that interesting.
    Don't be passive aggressive like that.

Tell us what you really think.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Don't be passive aggressive like that.

Tell us what you really think.
    I really think that it is easier for people to blame one or two guys because it makes the problem easier to solve. Monty and Asik are those guys this year. Do something bad and there are dozens of posts. Good? Crickets.

I am not saying to remain silent when they do poorly. I just ask for balance- say something good when they do well. Instead, I feel like people lay back in the weeds just looking to pounce on mistakes to feed the narrative

Rookie
    This game is the reversal off the fortune. It might be the biggest reason if NOP season shortens. AD is destined to become the new MJ but he needs some kind of Longleys/Pippens/Kukocs. Omer easily duplicate Longley's performance, Tyreke can be a good 6th man like Kukoc but where is Pippen (and also Phil jackson)?

Banned
    If Tyreke can't handle it, he needs to be gone.

You could argue with some of Monty's decisions last night--not to foul, late-game rotations--but I think bottom line is Nuggets nailed some tough shots. Sometimes you just shake their hand on move on. Overall, this has been a good stretch. It's frustrating to lose to sub .500 teams at home, but as is said it's not always who you play so much as when you play them. We've struggled with turnovers since losing Jrue and that hurts, especially up top where they convert to easy offense the other way. Love to see us cut down on those, but without a true PG we might be living with that for this season. Our bench also didn't have a great night, which happens. Being inconsistent is a big reason they are bench players. At 36-30 we are a game out and in the hunt. If this season shows anything it's that we can bounce back to win tough games. We'll need to keep doing that to have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Scarborian View Post
    This game is the reversal off the fortune. It might be the biggest reason if NOP season shortens. AD is destined to become the new MJ but he needs some kind of Longleys/Pippens/Kukocs. Omer easily duplicate Longley's performance, Tyreke can be a good 6th man like Kukoc but where is Pippen (and also Phil jackson)?
    I made a thread about us finding a Robin to AD Batman.It will be hard too right now. I really wish we can somehow obtain Victor Oladipo, Tabis Harris, Jimmy Butler, etc young players with potential to grow with AD.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information