Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans @ Nets - 3-10-15

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    we had 34 last season... so yes we're already 2-up
    Alright that's what I thought should be more and how crazy would it be if the mavs fall out and Us And OKC make it....mind = blown

Quote Originally Posted by supermati View Post
    ^ Exactly, % is meaningless and is just used for in-season standings, it's quite philosophical, but in the end it's about total wins and tiebreakers.
    No it's meaningful. If both teams win out OKC finishes ahead due to having 1 less loss. The percentages are valid.

Were there any injuries in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    please join me in the Cleveland/Dallas thread... since the Mavs could be a team that falls aside and allows both OKC & NOP in
    How incredibly sweet would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No it's meaningful. If both teams win out OKC finishes ahead due to having 1 less loss. The percentages are valid.
    that would mean they would finish 1 full game ahead of us in the standings when things even out
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We are both 15 1/2 games back with us owning the tie breaker. % doesn't matter when they have 2 games before our next.
    Quote Originally Posted by supermati View Post
    ^ Exactly, % is meaningless and is just used for in-season standings, it's quite philosophical, but in the end it's about total wins and tiebreakers.
    so seeing as we haven't hit the end of season yet, we aren't 8th. why have a discussion about where we would be if this was the end of the season when it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    so seeing as we haven't hit the end of season yet, we aren't 8th. why have a discussion about where we would be if this was the end of the season when it isn't?
    Because some men just want to see the world burn.

Others want to pound their fists on a table.

Others pound their chest on message boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RENFO View Post
    Actually, OKC plays Chicago Sunday at noon. So, they will have played three straight before we play Denver later that evening.
    Hope they lose all of them.

You knw what I get it that we probably won't make it but it just feels good to actually be talking playoffs for once and even if it doesn't or at least till its final let's enjoy it people bc it's been a loooong time

Great win, Q1 worry me a bit good that they righted the ship.

We're now official one of the hottest team in NBA and starting to win on the road, good job teams and Monty.

9 and 1 the last 10 games 9-2 last 11

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Because it's fun.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Game Thread: Pelicans @ Nets - 3-10-15

Look y'all. I talked to my psychic and she's very reputable. She predicts things very well. She said we're gonna see the Pelicans do well in march but come April they will win 3-4 games. Sorrrry but I'm trusting my psychic over the wishful thinking.

But the reality is we have reasons to believe we will get into the playoffs. WE WILL PROVE TO OKC AND THE WEST THAT WE ARE GETTING IN THE PLAYOFFS. We are better than the thunder. Time will tell!!!
    Last edited by pelicanchamp; 03-11-2015 at 12:01 AM. Reason: gg

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I'm guessing your psychic just enjoys what she is doing, right.... I mean after winning the lottery and all. Wait! she has predicted the winning numbers, hasn't she?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    You knw what I get it that we probably won't make it but it just feels good to actually be talking playoffs for once and even if it doesn't or at least till its final let's enjoy it people bc it's been a loooong time
    I agree and I hope everyone else here does too. It's nice to be in the conversation, even with as marginal of a chance as we have. I just hope we all remember that if and when we are eliminated from playoffs, rather than crying "fire this person", "blame that person", "trade X player", we're content that even with a tough schedule we persisted and made ourselves part of the conversation knowing that next year we're in there and the other teams aren't going to be happy about it because that should be the greatest takeaway from our play of late.

I know it's an exercise in futility, but I can only imagine how stoked we would all be if NOLA was still in the Eastern Conference. Instead of being in a dogfight for the 8th spot, the Pels would be in the 6th spot, with the 3rd or 4th well within reach.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Were there any injuries in this game?
    Nets has got 3 injuries
    AD was hit by eye (brow :P ) by Deron, but it did not look serious. especially with short lateseason break
    Last edited by pawel; 03-11-2015 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Look y'all. I talked to my psychic and she's very reputable. She predicts things very well. She said we're gonna see the Pelicans do well in march but come April they will win 3-4 games. Sorrrry but I'm trusting my psychic over the wishful thinking.

But the reality is we have reasons to believe we will get into the playoffs. WE WILL PROVE TO OKC AND THE WEST THAT WE ARE GETTING IN THE PLAYOFFS. We are better than the thunder. Time will tell!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f5441e181320964917f7023a314a74d84718f5580c746eb22611298336626883.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	5903

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200_s.gif 
Views:	89 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	5904

Starter
    It's not a coincidence the team plays the best team ball and blows out someone they should.....with Tyreke not on the floor.

Just sayin'.

Alright that's what I thought should be more and how crazy would it be if the mavs fall out and Us And OKC make it....mind = blown
    Imagine if Dallas falls and Pels still overtake OKC. Set up a 1st round against Memphis. Mind=coma

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Imagine if Dallas falls and Pels still overtake OKC. Set up a 1st round against Memphis. Mind=coma
    We match up well with them so I could honestly see us making it to the second round if that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Very underrated post IMO. 9000> out of 10. What does she say about jet fuel melting steel beams? The people need to know.

Thread Information