Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So the bucks beat writer tweeted this tidbit about the pels...

So the bucks beat writer tweeted this tidbit about the pels...

Gery Woelfel ‏@GeryWoelfel

Hearing Pelicans will make some major moves after season - whether they make playoffs or not.
    What's this about?

I wonder if its more player or admin related.

This leaves me extremely intrigued.

So the bucks beat writer tweeted this tidbit about the pels...

Quote Originally Posted by endlessHIMdark View Post
    I wonder if its more player or admin related.
    Please dear god no Avery Jonson or dumars that's allllll I hope

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Please dear go no Avery Jonson or dumars that's allllll I hope
    THIS FFS PLEASE!!!!!

The Franchise
    Please dear go no Avery Jonson or dumars that's allllll I hope
    Ditto

For some reason I have a feeling reke and Anderson and that this team wants Gordon atleast this Gordon bc this Gordon is so much better then the one from past few years

For some reason I have a feeling reke and Anderson and that this team wants Gordon atleast this Gordon bc this Gordon is so much better then the one from past few years
    Somehow I don't think they're feeling more confident trading Ryno after having to play AD 40+ minutes on the first night of a back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by endlessHIMdark View Post
    Somehow I don't think they're feeling more confident trading Ryno after having to play AD 40+ minutes on the first night of a back to back.
    He's 22 not to mention the way tyreke has been playing andersons friendly contract idnt think its out of the realm of possibility that we get good return for both

they want to give AD that mvp

Oooor the beat writer is just pissy about the loss and wants to stir things up lol

That tweet makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yeah , stir, no reason for this to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Yeah , stir, no reason for this to be said.
    I agree completely but I just hope and this is just my opinion I dnt want dell to go bc he's put a team and a bench together we have a lot of depth but I will say I kinda want to see Monty here atleast half of next year other wise cut your losses

if u want my opinion it might go like this:

jrue or tyreke get traded - prob tyreke because his value is super high right now especially at only 11m a year.
    Ryno gets traded
    Asik walks, Ajinca new starting center and we sign either demarre carroll or khris middleton
    Asik resigns and we sign either Crowder or Jared Dudley

To me something is fishy when a beat writer in Milwaukee claims to have inside information about the inner-circle of our franchises decision makers that no one in the national media or our local media - people that are more connected - are seemingly privy too.

Maybe this guy is the sports version of Bob Woodward but as of right now I am not convinced.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    if u want my opinion it might go like this:

jrue or tyreke get traded - prob tyreke because his value is super high right now especially at only 11m a year.
    Ryno gets traded
    Asik walks, Ajinca new starting center and we sign either demarre carroll or khris middleton
    Asik resigns and we sign either Crowder or Jared Dudley
    Yeah, Asik walking & then re-signing! Definitely sounds drug induced

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Yeah, Asik walking & then re-signing! Definitely sounds drug induced
    no we don't let him walk and then resign lol, we will pick one of those options, either resign him and go MLE for a SF, or don't and we go with ajinca and get a more expensive SF.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    To me something is fishy when a beat writer in Milwaukee claims to have inside information about the inner-circle of our franchises decision makers that no one in the national media or our local media - people that are more connected - are seemingly privy too.

Maybe this guy is the sports version of Bob Woodward but as of right now I am not convinced.
    Exactly. This coming after a loss to us at their home?

Nah. This dude is just stirring the pot.

Maybe we have inquired about Middleton and others and they told us to wait and see how Jabari Parker recovers from injury and how their draft pans out

tyreke may interst them to go along with MCW lol
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 03-09-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Maybe we have inquired about Middleton and others and they told us to wait and see how Jabari Parker recovers from injury and how their draft pans out

tyreke may interst them to go along with MCW lol
    i had the same thought that we inquired about middleton.

better wait for some Stein/Lowe/Amick/Woj 'hearings'...
    so virtually wait till the draft. it is not time for any moves. just pure speculation, because any moves cannot be made because of the cba...

I would bet that the things he is hearing has to do with the front office, not players.

And other local New Orleans media has implied the same thing. We have certainly heard about some political things behind the scenes.

I personally have said that win or lose that I wouldn't be surprised by front office changes because Dell was not a guy that Benson or Loomis hired. That kind of have to make a long term decision on Monty too because you don't want your head coach to be a lame duck guy going into the season.

I don't know if this guy has sources or not, but personally I have always thought Dell returning was a long shot even though I personally would not only give him a new contract but some more power too.
    @mcnamara247

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I would bet that the things he is hearing has to do with the front office, not players.

And other local New Orleans media has implied the same thing. We have certainly heard about some political things behind the scenes.

I personally have said that win or lose that I wouldn't be surprised by front office changes because Dell was not a guy that Benson or Loomis hired. That kind of have to make a long term decision on Monty too because you don't want your head coach to be a lame duck guy going into the season.

I don't know if this guy has sources or not, but personally I have always thought Dell returning was a long shot even though I personally would not only give him a new contract but some more power too.
    Yea, I agree with that last part. Dell has made some very savvy, under-the-radar moves. Perhaps too under-the-radar and not splashy enough to keep him out of the hot seat, unfortunately. He has a real eye for glue guys, as our bench coming into our season was our weakness, and now it's probably our strength (adding Cole, Cunningham, Pondexter, and the development of Ajinca and Babbitt). Just imagine if Jrue was healthy... Cole, Tyreke, Cunningham/Pondexter (one starts, one off the bench), Babbitt and Ajinca... not a bad bench crew. That's not even considering if Ryno was old Ryno and/or healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Yea, I agree with that last part. Dell has made some very savvy, under-the-radar moves. Perhaps too under-the-radar and not splashy enough to keep him out of the hot seat, unfortunately. He has a real eye for glue guys, as our bench coming into our season was our weakness, and now it's probably our strength (adding Cole, Cunningham, Pondexter, and the development of Ajinca and Babbitt). Just imagine if Jrue was healthy... Cole, Tyreke, Cunningham/Pondexter (one starts, one off the bench), Babbitt and Ajinca... not a bad bench crew. That's not even considering if Ryno was old Ryno and/or healthy.
    If he is gone this summer, I don't even think what he has done will play much of a factor.

I think it will be a simple case of a guy who spent 300 million for a business wanting to hire his own guy.

Thread Information