Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans vs Celtics - 3-06-15

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Game was tied at the half. Many open shots were missed and Thomas got hot for a 4 minute stretch that put the game away. So, were ready ready to play early on and lost it midway through the 3rd?

Any theories on why we weren't ready? Did players not care? Because they all said how they knew it was a big game in the post game interview today and they were disappointed to lose.

People think the Celtics are so bad and we are so much better that it must be some reason like this. The difference between us and them is 1.6 ppg with regard to point differential. That is one shot. We aren't that much better. Our ceiling is, but over the course of the season, we haven't been that much better
    My worry is, will we ever be able to win if we don't shoot well, the fact that we can't grind out a win against sub 500 teams on a poor shooting night scares me a little. This has happened quite often. I guess it takes time to learn how to do that. I remember a couple years ago when the thunder were dominating but they were dominating as an elite jump shooting team, and someone called that they would struggle in the playoffs when those jump shots don't fall. I worry we have the same problem.

Cole showed why Miami loathed him and couldn't wait to give him up for nothing. I got to say, the luster has worn off the last few games.

Reke showed why he is quite possibly the highest paid special-ed basketball player in NBA history.

I seriously wanted to throw up after the ninth or was it the tenth time Evans made a bonehead shot that led to points the other way or turned it over or put Davis in a position to hurt himself. I really hope there is some advanced analytic that eventually comes out that exposes him for the absolute **** head he can be. If there is a player in the league that manages to take more awful shots that lead to points for the other team I would like to see it.

Get him off this team.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-07-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    We just need Jrue back, and Tyreke is perfectly fine off the bench.
    I agree. He is perfectly fine off the bench....On someone else's team.

As long as he and Monty are here Evans is going to be awarded crunch minutes. Just like Brian Roberts, the only way to get Monty to adjust is to take that crutch away.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-07-2015 at 01:13 AM.

In my opinion, the team could use PF or C who's primary scoring comes from the paint. Asik doesn't count as he has no offense. A player like Speights or Jordan Hill would be the ideal coming off the bench.

In the present, with AD back, I would like to see Ajinca get more minutes than DC. I like what Qpon and Babbitt are contributing.

I mean I hate to pile on but how does Davis get only 4 shots from the start of the second half until 5 minutes left in the fourth?

I really feel like this team from coach on down just is clueless as to how to adjust consistently when the going gets tough.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-07-2015 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Phoenix only 1 game behind us. Glad the lakers made the Griz work some tonight.
    Phoenix is irrelevant.

12 turnovers between cole and tyreke while Isaiah thomas ran wild. I think people can see the value of Jrue from this.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    so does davis make the team better or no?
    I hope you know the team played one game against above .500 teams from the West without AD and company and lost to Dallas. The team is 6-6 in past 12 games and 9 of those came against the East and 9 of those coming against teams with losing records. The team should have gone 9-3 in that stretch.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 03-07-2015 at 05:04 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Phoenix is irrelevant.
    No they aren't. They have really good players and good fool everyone.

Banned
    Some players took a break on the back to back IMO.

Tyreke was close to a quadruple double. Pts, Ast, Reb, TO's. SMH
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Banned
    When IT is hot...nobody (except Jimmer) can guard him. When he isn't, he is a liability because of all his dribbling. That is why he is on his 3rd team. He has just been on most of the time for the Celts.

We have a much better roster than the celtics, and if people like MM state that we are "not that much better" then that says a lot on coach monty because on paper, we are well ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    We have a much better roster than the celtics, and if people like MM state that we are "not that much better" then that says a lot on coach monty because on paper, we are well ahead
    "On paper" the Hawks are about the 12th best team in the league. Takes a lot more than talent. And its not just coaching. The way the "talent" fits, how long it has been together, the communication, etc. all factor in.

This has always been a season for these guys to grow together. And in a lot of ways they haven't even been able to do that. And its not like the Pels had a lot of "talent" on the floor last night. If we forget about the names or salaries of Evans and Gordon, and just evaluate the actual talent on this team last night, you had one elite talent, one or two above average talents, one or two average talents, and a bunch of guys who are in the league because of one skill or high energy.

I think people might overrate the talent on this team with Ryno and Jrue gone.
    @mcnamara247

But what about Asik? Avg talent?

Thread Information