Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans vs Celtics - 3-06-15

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    ...So did I miss the post game meltdown or did I get front row seats???

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Sadly, I agree with this.

Our team seems to have regressed with his return. Fewer players cutting to the basket and less overall ball movement compared to when AD was out.
    You mean in the 2 games he was here since his injury?

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    AD not the problem, but Tyreke conflicts with AD in that he trys to be the hero instead of turning over the reins to AD. You can't make Tyreke
    something he's not, which is why he need not be here next year. He can't/ WON'T change.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    All I want is a team professional enough to come out EVERY night ready to play. If they can't do that shake things up. In betting you call a team like this a "Dog". They play up and down to their competition.
    How do we measure "Ready to Play-edness"?

Seems to me that it is a win/loss thing. They lose, especially to a team we don't think is good, and the ready to play card comes out.

I guess I just don't know how real this thing is. Or how big of a part it plays even if it is real
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    AD not the problem, but Tyreke conflicts with AD in that he trys to be the hero instead of turning over the reins to AD. You can't make Tyreke
    something he's not, which is why he need not be here next year. He can't/ WON'T change.
    Blame Reke,sure. Cole was getting smoked by Thomas all night,had 4 turnovers in a 5 minutes span & shot blindfolded! But it's Reke's fault.

Banned
    Phoenix only 1 game behind us. Glad the lakers made the Griz work some tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Blame Reke,sure. Cole was getting smoked by Thomas all night,had 4 turnovers in a 5 minutes span & shot blindfolded! But it's Reke's fault.
    Who's been here the longest? Who has done this all year? Who has the lowest IQ? Tyreke wins... I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    How do we measure "Ready to Play-edness"?

Seems to me that it is a win/loss thing. They lose, especially to a team we don't think is good, and the ready to play card comes out.

I guess I just don't know how real this thing is. Or how big of a part it plays even if it is real
    It's easy, a team that doesn't look like it's sleepwalking for most of 1st qtr or game for all that matters.

Who's been here the longest? Who has done this all year? Who has the lowest IQ? Tyreke wins... I rest my case.
    You should rest your case! It needs a break!

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Actually, turns out we had pretty poor ball movement with heavy-dose iso ball prior to AD's injury.

Thanks for reminding me

You should rest your case! It needs a break!
    No refute, I understand... you know I'm right. Reke is a talented, low IQ player that will win and lose you games 50% of the time.

I know it wont matter. But, who had the best record in the NBA since the all star break before tonite? Hint: Tyreke Evans is the starting point guard ! Who is 13-7 in last 20 games Hint:Tyreke Evans is the starting point guard . Who's averaged a double/double the past 15 games? He's the starting point guard for the Pelicans. Tell me what the Pels record is w/ Reke @PG! As far as lowest IQ, not quite sure how you would know that?

It's easy, a team that doesn't look like it's sleepwalking for most of 1st qtr or game for all that matters.
    Game was tied at the half. Many open shots were missed and Thomas got hot for a 4 minute stretch that put the game away. So, were ready ready to play early on and lost it midway through the 3rd?

Any theories on why we weren't ready? Did players not care? Because they all said how they knew it was a big game in the post game interview today and they were disappointed to lose.

People think the Celtics are so bad and we are so much better that it must be some reason like this. The difference between us and them is 1.6 ppg with regard to point differential. That is one shot. We aren't that much better. Our ceiling is, but over the course of the season, we haven't been that much better

Basketball Guru
    [QUOTE=Tinman;1298282]Blame Reke,sure. Cole was getting smoked by Thomas all night,had 4 turnovers in a 5 minutes span & shot blindfolded! But it's Reke's fault.[/QUOTE

AD and the other bigs were not playing the PnR right leaving thomas to shoot uncontested shots....imo evans is a jealous person who cant stand AD getting all the attention.....when AD was out reke was playing team ball majority of the time and making one or two (reke gon be reke plays) and getting all of the praise. AD comes back and have a hell of a game last game back and got all of the ESPN talk but this game was bad and it seems like reke cant take AD being the man......JMO...

[QUOTE=6warddude;1298293]
    Blame Reke,sure. Cole was getting smoked by Thomas all night,had 4 turnovers in a 5 minutes span & shot blindfolded! But it's Reke's fault.[/QUOTE

AD and the other bigs were not playing the PnR right leaving thomas to shoot uncontested shots....imo evans is a jealous person who cant stand AD getting all the attention.....when AD was out reke was playing team ball majority of the time and making one or two (reke gon be reke plays) and getting all of the praise. AD comes back and have a hell of a game last game back and got all of the ESPN talk but this game was bad and it seems like reke cant take AD being the man......JMO...
    Sure, OK

Fire Monty!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Don't know about ready to play as a metric, but some admittedly unscientific observations:

-Thought AD looked a little fatigued. Posted a great line, but thought it showed in his defense and rim protection. I would have given Ajinca some more minutes and let AD have more of a blow;

-Continue to be mystified by our inability to defend the dribble drive. Not sure why we struggle so much with this;

-Poor game by Evans,. 7 turnovers to 5 assists running the point and 5 of 13 from the field. Just too many poor decisions on his part. 18 turnovers hurt;

-Our key role players also shot poorly. Cole, Pondexter and Cunningham were a combined 5-19. Happens. That's why they're role players. Shows that we could use another good shooter on this bench. Morrow, I miss you!;

-This tendency of playing poorly against sub .500 teams while knocking off tougher teams is perplexing. Normally you'd expect us to grow up by learning how to beat losing teams while coming up short against the elite. Our curve is inverted. To me this suggests some maturity problems in how the squad approaches a long season. Maybe it's part of growing up, but it is frustrating;

-Sure we're undermanned, but so are the C's. And while it may be blasphemy to say, I liked the way we played more when AD was hurt than I have these last two games. The ball moved, people played loose. Like to see us incorporate that style more with Davis, who has the ability to score without forcing the ball to him. Twenty-one shots is okay for AD, but it's the way the ball sticks, we don't reverse it, whip it around the horn.

-While clutchness is a fake sports stat, I do think good teams can step up their intensity level in key games. Given our upcoming schedule and the ability with a win to assume control of our own destiny for the playoffs, I would have liked to see a higher level of play tonight. Disappointing. But hey, we could very well come out and beat Memphis tomorrow night. It's been that kind of year.
    Last edited by new city champ; 03-06-2015 at 11:30 PM.

The scoring droughts. They just won't go away. Even against high paced teams like Boston. Some of it has to be the poor, lack of turnover defense. Offense rarely gets opportunities against transition defense.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Don't know about ready to play at a metric, but some admittedly unscientific observations:

-Thought AD looked a little fatigued. Posted a great line, but thought it showed in his defense and rim protection. I would have given Ajinca some more minutes and let AD have more of a blow;

-Continue to be mystified by our inability to defend the dribble drive. Not sure why we struggle so much with this;

-Poor game by Evans,. 7 turnovers to 5 assists running the point and 5 of 13 from the field. Just too many poor decisions on his part. 18 turnovers hurt;

-Our key role players also shot poorly. Cole, Pondexter and Cunningham were a combined 5-19. Happens. That's why they're role players. Shows that we could use another good shooter on this bench. Morrow, I miss you!;

-This tendency of playing poorly against sub .500 teams while knocking off tougher teams is perplexing. Normally you'd expect us to grow up by learning how to beat losing teams while coming up short against the elite. Our curve is inverted. To me this suggests some maturity problems in how the squad approaches a long season. Maybe it's part of growing up, but it is frustrating;

-Sure we're undermanned, but so are the C's. And while it may be blasphemy to say, I liked the way we played more when AD was hurt than I have these last two games. The ball moved, people played loose. Like to see us incorporate that style more with Davis, who has the ability to score without forcing the ball to him. Twenty-one shots is okay for AD, but it's the way the ball sticks, we don't reverse it, whip it around the horn.

-While clutchness is a fake sports stat, I do think good teams can step up their intensity level in key games. Given our upcoming schedule and the ability with a win to assume control of our own destiny for the playoffs, I would have liked to see a higher level of play tonight. Disappointing. But hey, we could very well come out and beat Memphis tomorrow night. It's been that kind of year.
    LUUUUKE !!! There was a Babbitt sighting! Would like to see more !

And......we lose to the Celtics. Sounds bout par for the course. Pathetic, just pathetic.

There gonna have bad nights sometimes everyone relax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    There gonna have bad nights sometimes everyone relax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats right it will all be ok everyone! Monty for coach of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Fire Monty!

FOR WHAT?

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If you have to ask, you'll never know.

i THINK HE SHOULD BE COACH OF THE YEAR! Did you see that halftime act at the game?
    Last edited by 4Real; 03-06-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Thread Information