Pelicans Report

Thread: Desmond Mason appreciation thread

Desmond Mason appreciation thread

Heard him on the radio here in Australia tonight.

Played for Nawlins from 05-07.

I remember him being quite good.

In 06-07 he played 34.3 minutes per game for 75 games at small forward and didn't even attempt a single 3 pointer? That is crazy

Dante Cunningham the first?

Wasn't he like, dunks?

I remember when we got Mason. He was a "Skywalker" in NBA live 2005 (or was it 2006). He was great at dunking in that game.

As for how we got him...does this site have the power to search back to 2005? I remember the days leading up to his move there was all kinds of scuttlebutt on hr.com about how we were going to get some amazing player in return for our "All Star" Center, and people were throwing around some really wild, and far fetched names (for the time). When the trade finally happened and all we got was Mason and first round pick people had to be talked off the roof. What a mess. That's when people really realized what kind of GM was calling the shots for the Hornets. In retrospect it was probably as fair a trade as we would have gotten (neither team necessarily benefited from the move). Mason and what would eventually become Cedric Simmons didn't last but two horrible seasons here, while Big Cat lasted in Milwaukee for just as long, none ever amounting to much more than frustration.

Good times.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Money Mase!!! I loved that guy. We dem Hornets baby hate it or love it haha.

Thread Information