Pelicans Report

Thread: The Pels are very underrated

All-Star

Pelicans The Pels are very underrated

I read and listen very that.. "the thunder at the playoffs can win every team", "If Durant returns to the playoffs the thunder can win the title..."

But.. the Pelicans?? the pelicans are 1 game under the thunder, 1 game, and without Jrue, AD and ryno have winning 5 games, in streak, really the 'journalists' and the people not see the pelicans that are 1 game under?

If the Pelicans make the playofffs (though but not impossible) i will laugh a lot

OCK have 14 homes games and 8 road games left including tonight.
    Pel's have 11 and 11.

OCK has a better run home.

As I said many times, my prediction that the Pels won't make the playoffs has very, very little to do with the Pels and more to do with OKC and their schedule.

I have said that the Pels will be a top 6 WC team after the AS break, but that won't be enough. OKC has a cupcake schedule for a Western team moving forward and are catching all the breaks. I mean, they get Chicago twice w/o Rose and Butler. They got 8 of their next 9 at home after tonight. And they are far more likely to get KD back than we are to get Jrue.

The Pels will be one of the top teams in the West over the final 29. It will just be unfortunate that OKC will be a tad bit better IMO. But that is nothing to be ashamed of. And there will be a ton to be excited about going into the offseason even if we don't make it.
    @mcnamara247

It is interesting though that in the beginning everyone here was screaming, "we will be fine, our schedule lightens up towards the tail end, and the Thunder face a tougher schedule." Now it seems like we are facing an easier SOS, but we are going at it without some of our best players, while their opponents seem to have gotten easier, and and they themselves have bulked up for the final run.

Journalists saying that "The Thunder can win it all if Durant comes back." (while dismissing us) are actually right. While they might have some gelling problems, its freaking reigning NBA MVP Kevin Durant that they are getting back. Between him and all of their recent upgrades, it would be very naive to think we could take their playoff spot. While we will be getting Jrue and Ryno back at some point, they don't make quite the splash and impact of a Durant. They are great players, but we are young, inexperienced, and just not at that level yet.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information