Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ALEX AJINCA

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    It affects the tax line if we go over....which we wont this year.
    He can sign anywhere he want's but we can pay him the most.....if we choose.
    It will come down to playing time over the money if it is close.
    We can't pay him the most. Early Bird Rights let you go up to the league average salary (roughly the MLE), so if someone wanted to pay him $10 million we wouldn't come close. But it's very unlikely he gets a big money offer, especially with as many centers as will be on the market this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    Like Ayon and Lopez, to me Ajinca is a prime candidate for one of Dell's offseason trigger moves. It'll be different, since it would be a s&t instead of something else, but I see that happening about as much as him wanting to stay and us wanting to pay. I could be way off base, but it's an inkling.

I kind have that sneaky suspicion now that you bring it up. He would be an ideal candidate for such actions (we have a need, he is going to be a commodity of some sort to somebody), but you can only wonder how much he is worth to another team, or if he is worth more to us than he is to others (lets hope).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    It affects the tax line if we go over....which we wont this year.
    He can sign anywhere he want's but we can pay him the most.....if we choose.
    It will come down to playing time over the money if it is close.

thanks mate

Thread Information