Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P Javale McGee to sign with Boston

N/P Javale McGee to sign with Boston

The Boston Celtics are close to signing big man JaVale McGee to a deal through next season, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Celtics general manager Danny Ainge acknowledged Thursday that the two sides were close to a deal.
    LOL

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    There goes their playoffs hopes.
    Or here comes their lottery hopes!

Banned
    He did make a smart choice if he wants to play.

More celtics appareance on shaq'in a fool

Man javale Mcgee is turrible
    I'm a grinder

McGee is a player I wanted us to grab, but, se la vi.

I think he can prove himself in Bos, and that team is young enough, and buying into their coach enough where McGee can't ruin what they have going on. I imagine he might actually stick around a bit longer if he buys in as well.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Boston decided not to sign him. Must have been those Shaqtin a Fool videos lol

he won't be signing with boston, they couldn't agree on a 2nd year team option or something like that i heard.

I really believe he is a perfect fit next to Davis. We can save a lot of $ not resigning Asik. Having Ajinca to back up MaGee and Anderson to close out games with Davis would be ideal. MaGee reminds me a lot of Jordan and Whiteside with his potential to play his role. I think he has matured and if he came here would buy into his role giving us 2 elite rim protectors. He wouldn't have to play heavy minutes here because of Anderson and Ajinca but could still have a huge impact while saving us a lot of $. I would rather have MaGee over Asik who is starting to drive me nuts and it would be at a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I really believe he is a perfect fit next to Davis. We can save a lot of $ not resigning Asik. Having Ajinca to back up MaGee and Anderson to close out games with Davis would be ideal. MaGee reminds me a lot of Jordan and Whiteside with his potential to play his role. I think he has matured and if he came here would buy into his role giving us 2 elite rim protectors. He wouldn't have to play heavy minutes here because of Anderson and Ajinca but could still have a huge impact while saving us a lot of $. I would rather have MaGee over Asik who is starting to drive me nuts and it would be at a discount.
    This dude (McGee) has absolutely zero basketball IQ. There's a reason he's still available. You can have the most athleticism in the world, but he's just not a smart player.

if he signs for cheap i don't care if he has a basketball IQ, it just depends on how koch obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    if he signs for cheap i don't care if he has a basketball IQ, it just depends on how koch obviously...
    And I think that's a problem. The best teams in the league have intelligent basketball players. They don't settle for a basketball illiterate just because he's athletic. The most non-athletic big in the NBA would foul McGee out in the 1st quarter.

Mcgee is an offensive sparks off the bench, he played that role perfectly in denver in george karl's last season in denver. His otherworldy athleticism causes confusion among tired opposing players
    Last edited by odine; 03-08-2015 at 08:46 PM.
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

I think I've shared this story before but I'll share it again.

At the start of the 2012 season my buddy and I went to a preseason game between the Nuggets and Suns. We were excited to see if McGee would end up doing something stupid. During warm ups he was taking these 20+ ft turn around fall away jumpers from beyond the elbow. We kept joking about why he was doing that. I mean, if you're 7'0 with crazy athleticism and wingspan that's not your shot. A fall away jumper can be taken by a guard at any time who has a better chance of making it. We kept joking about how he was going to do it in the game.

Low and behold in the 3rd (I think) he unleashes it. It was amazing. There was still time on the shot clock and Javalle just shot one of the weirdest, worst shots I've ever seen. They got the rebound and George Karl called a time out just to pull Javalle. I have pictures of him looking sullen as he walked back to the bench.

So maybe the whole Shaqtin a Fool things have become his persona, but it doesn't mean he can't help you. But personally I would rather have Ajinca than Javalle, and Javalle can protect the rim and is an average rebounder, but can't play defense like Asik. Disregarding contracts I'd prefer Ajinca and Asik than Javalle but if we couldn't afford one then Javalle wouldn't be the worst contingency plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    If he could learn to play the same role that Omer has accepted (set screens, grab boards, defend rim, dunk when given the ball in the paint)
    he could be a great player.

Play within yourself, Javale.

Javale is the poster child for playing on teams with no leadership. There is no doubt in my mind that he'd be a different guy on a veteran led team such as Cleveland or San Antonio for example. He can't play on teams like the Pels, Nuggets, Hornets, etc, etc...
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Yea right whoever wants us to sing this kat much be delusional lmao. This dude has about 1/100000 the iq that Reke has. Dude is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Yea right whoever wants us to sing this kat much be delusional lmao. This dude has about 1/100000 the iq that Reke has. Dude is an idiot.

Thread Information