Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should we look into trading Jrue this offseason?

Should we look into trading Jrue this offseason?

Serious question.. it seems like tyreke has found a home at the starting PG spot, and EG is just.. i reiterate just.. good enough to be a starting SG in this league, so why need trade jrue for more of a need to this team? He hasn't proved himself to be a top 15 PG in this league, but tyreke has and arguably been a top 5 point guard since jrue has gone down statistically wise. And Jrue also hasn't proved himself to be less injury free than even Eric Gordon

Tyreke is not a PG...

much like the conversations of trading ryno, your trade value is going to be at an all time low.

Tyreke is not a great facilitator consistently and he is a huge liability defensively as a PG. We constantly have to mask him by putting him on the worst offensive front court player on the other team and he still gets burnt.

Let's wait and see this team healthy together and through another dozen or two games before we start throwing out that we need to shed one of them.

Reke gets numbers but our offense runs much smoother and the ball moves more when Reke isn't at the point.

So the short answer is "no".

Banned
    Nobody should be safe except or AD.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    For what kind of peanuts? Planters or generic stadium brand?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    Tyreke is not a PG...
    Ditto. ...I like Reke, but he can't guard smaller PG on a nightly basis. So, I wouldn't do it.

I think the bigger question is what to do at SG with Gordon/Tyreke. If Cole is a long term cheap backup and Holiday returns to form, I think they make a good $14 million per year PG duo. For me to be comfortable with Tyreke as the full time starting PG, we'd need a defensive stud at SG and SF so we could hide Tyreke and his terrible defense.

At least one of the 3 have to go, at some point you have to pick your poison you can't have 35m tie into 3 guards and only 2 playing at any given time. How many games we have all 3 again?

If you tell Reke he is the pt in 2015 and slim down 10lb I think he can at least stay of other PG.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    At least one of the 3 have to go, at some point you have to pick your poison you can't have 35m tie into 3 guards and only 2 playing at any given time. How many games we have all 3 again?

If you tell Reke he is the pt in 2015 and slim down 10lb I think he can at least stay of other PG.
    If you hold on to Tyreke and Jrue (the likely route), you will have 22 mil tied up in them when the cap jumps to 90 mil.

Giving your starting guards less than 25% of the cap is a bargain.
    @mcnamara247

Some people don't seem to realize that Gordon is probably more injured/injury prone than Jrue, but playing his *** off for his next contract. We just need to let EG walk and put that money into a Jimmy Butler type. Someone who can defend, shoot 3s, make their own offense at a reliable rate when asked to, and run the opposing forwards out of the gym.

If we can get that kind of hustle and court coverage, our big men should be able to beat every other pair of big men in the nba.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Gordon will be gone next season, either by opting out or us trading his 1 yr expiring.

Jrue/Tyreke will be the starting guards. With this, you have a bit of everything.
    A passer
    A slasher
    Getting in the paint
    Shooting
    Perimeter Defense
    Post-ups
    Finishing on the Break

These 2 make up for the other's deficiencies.
    With Cole/Pondexter backing them up, that's a good rotation.
    We may however, address the backup SG position to play Pondexter more at the 3.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Can we trade Tyreke instead?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you hold on to Tyreke and Jrue (the likely route), you will have 22 mil tied up in them when the cap jumps to 90 mil.

Giving your starting guards less than 25% of the cap is a bargain.
    Once EG is gone, we can make a serious move. I am starting to lean towards trading Ryno once we feel his value has climbed a bit more.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Once EG is gone, we can make a serious move. I am starting to lean towards trading Ryno once we feel his value has climbed a bit more.
    I feel very comfortable with: Jrue, AD, Asik, Q-Pon, Cole, and Ajinca moving forward. Use these next two off seasons to add one more great player and one more good one to that group if possible. Just gotta hope the situation presents itself and we bounce when it does. I don't know who or when, but that would be what I would hold out hope for.

I feel very comfortable with: Jrue, AD, Asik, Q-Pon, Cole, and Ajinca moving forward. Use these next two off seasons to add one more great player and one more good one to that group if possible. Just gotta hope the situation presents itself and we bounce when it does. I don't know who or when, but that would be what I would hold out hope for.
    That's exactly how I feel. Ajinca has made me so much more comfortable with moving on with Ryno.

What your back Mac. If you say you are on the outs with Ryno who knows what well people will pull from to try attacking you.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

On my end, I say keep Jrue and pray he comes back strong. I think he and AD can feed off of each other in that Stockton to Malone, Ewing and Jackson, Billups and Wallace role. Those two moving forward are as good of franchise cornerstones as you can get atm, but if you can somehow land another top 10-15 player next to AD (and possibly Jrue) you have a title contending team.

Keep Reke, Q, Ajinca, Cole, Asik, and DC (everyone needs a Rick Fox, Sean Elliot, Matt Bonner "I'm not sure what he does, but he does it well" type player). Find a way to turn Gordon and Ryno into something amazing, and that is as good an 8-9 man deep roster as you can field in this mans NBA.

I like keeping both.

Why ppl keep saying trade tyreke when tyreke is the one that is healthy...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Yeah, Reke has been pretty durable, and given our health issues, that can not (nor should be) overlooked.

It's like, " I hate that a drug dealer donated a million dollars to that charity." But the charity was not profitable, nor had a way of bringing in that money had it not been for the drug dealer. Some times you take what they give you, and you smile. Reke is your John Starks. He can help you get to a championship level, but he isn't the Oakley or Ewing really pushing the needle. He is the third banana, but he is certainly one of the best 3rd bananas in the league.

Given that I don't want Demps gone, I would be happy moving forward with that core 7-8, as I know year in and year out Demps will get us that Ayon, Morrow, Ajinca, etc. type who will come in, fill out a roster, and we will learn to appreciate it. Demps finds more Ayon, Ajinca, Smith, types than he does Jimmer types.

Should we look into trading Jrue this offseason?

The two that I could see us trading is Gordon and Anderson to upgrade the SF and backup SG. I would bring back Asik for 8 a year mil tops or sign someone else for a bruiser center. I would keep Jrue, Evans, AD, Q, Cole, Cunningham, and ajinca.

Lineups
    Jrue - Cole
    Evans - FA/traded player
    FA/traded player - QPon/Cunningham
    AD - Cunningham/FA
    Asik/FA - Ajinca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by msw2024; 03-05-2015 at 04:19 PM.

No.

Although I kind of get what you're saying Ryno and Tyreke are on favorable contracts and could lead an awesome bench unit. And of course everything is contingent on Jrue's health.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Thread Information