Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PHI @ OKC OT GAME THREAD

good news is OKC has to go to CHI tom. night... which we can watch on TNT
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    yes... but it was still a horrible shot
    Agreed.

need westbrick to miss 1

lol he missed

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    need westbrick to miss 1
    there we go... chance to force a 2nd OT

Banned
    They need Jimmer

should be philly ball down 3

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    I'd rather have him with me than against me.
    I wouldn't. He is the new Iverson IMO. A guy thats ego is too big and his efficiency too low to play his style of game, at his usage rate, and ever chip. He can get you to the Western conference finals, maybe even a championship game again, but I don't see him ever winning one unless he takes a new approach to the game or Durant finally just says **** you and takes the ball out of his hand at critical times.

If Durant wants to chip he should go play in Washington with a guy that knows the meaning of being a full time facilitator.

that's off PHI... it'll be OKC ball

game over.. okc still has a tough one tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    game over.. okc still has a tough one tomorrow
    fingers crossed. this one would of been so nice though. A loss tonight and then a loss tomorrow....oh well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I wouldn't. He is the new Iverson IMO. A guy thats ego is too big and his efficiency too low to play his style of game, at his usage rate, and ever chip. He can get you to the Western conference finals, maybe even a championship game again, but I don't see him ever winning one unless he takes a new approach to the game or Durant finally just says **** you and takes the ball out of his hand at critical times.

If Durant wants to chip he should go play in Washington with a guy that knows the meaning of being a full time facilitator.
    If you don't have Durant on the floor you do need him. He makes things happen.

I will say that DJ a decent player...looked for Westbrook instead of shooting on one of those final possessions. He is better than that.

If you don't have Durant on the floor you do need him. He makes things happen.

I will say that DJ a decent player...looked for Westbrook instead of shooting on one of those final possessions. He is better than that.
    He is an elite scorer. He is one of the best in the league. And he is going to have some amazing jaw dropping performances. I just think he is a player, like Melo, like Iverson, that doesn't currently have the right style of play to win a championship. He is too inefficient and has too high a usage rate and isn't a great facilitator.

Banned
    I agree when he plays with Durant, but when he plays with this squad he almost has to. They aren't that great without him.

People trying to minimize what Russ is doing are reaching IMO. It is nothing short of amazing. Props to the guy. If he was on our team, we would be comparing him to Jordan right now, not Iverson.

I hate how well he is playing, but I can't minimize it. Has been spectacular
    @mcnamara247

I agree when he plays with Durant, but when he plays with this squad he almost has to. They aren't that great without him.
    I honestly prefer a lot of their role players over ours but thats another argument. I think Durant out means he has to up his scoring, yes. But it isn't a zero sum game, all or nothing. Like with Evans you need balance. Getting others involved makes the game easier late in the game and opens up the game for you.

I am not saying Westbrook should cut his shots down to 10 with Durant out but I think having in your mind that maybe 10 of those 30 attempts go to Ibaka, Morrow, Kanter and Singler will help me down the stretch and keep these guys fresh and find out who else is hot tonight when I need them late in the game and the defenses start to close in on me would maybe turn this 2-2 stretch into 3-1 or 4-0 stretch.

Stats are great, wins are better, championships are the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    People trying to minimize what Russ is doing are reaching IMO. It is nothing short of amazing. Props to the guy. If he was on our team, we would be comparing him to Jordan right now, not Iverson.

I hate how well he is playing, but I can't minimize it. Has been spectacular
    I wouldn't be. He is a great player but I just am not in love with his game. Of course I would welcome him as a Pelican and I hope I was wrong about him but I would hope I could keep my objectiveness that I have as an indifferent observor.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-04-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Thread Information