Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dante Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He steps that far out to spread the floor.
    Teams know he isn't a 3 point threat so if he took jumpers just outside the key
    rather than just inside the the 3 point line it would crowd the paint.
    Which is why DC plays power forward. 3 isn't his natural position. Imo its a lot more realistic to ask him step closer and take more effective shots, but the only reason were having this conversation about dc is because hes been playing out of his position, once team is fully healthy he probably wont be playing much at all

Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    Which is why DC plays power forward. 3 isn't his natural position. Imo its a lot more realistic to ask him step closer and take more effective shots, but the only reason were having this conversation about dc is because hes been playing out of his position, once team is fully healthy he probably wont be playing much at all
    Good points.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I guess as someone who always was a pretty good shooter I never understood guys that couldn't learn to shoot. I mean, I get it, I get the science of it, I know that some people, no matter the form, just don't have that ability.

But I just don't get how the guy has made a bunch of long two 21-23 footers near the top of the arc at a decent rate and a bunch of shots near the corner three line but doesnt feel comfortable taking some 22 foot corner threes. We are literally talking a handful of inches.
    I think it depends on what kind of shooting style you have, like for eg. curry has like an effortless jumper that he can also use off the dribble, get's plenty of power in his motion and follow through so unlimited range.

DC doesn't use as much power in his legs to shoot his mid range jumper, nor is his follow through as clean so he'd have to adjust the shot a little bit more to get to the 3 point line (more the wings as opposed to the corner 3).

I'm saying this from my experience of learning to shoot the 3, from the old fiba line (which was more than 3 feet shorter than the nba 3) to the current fiba line, which is about a foot smaller than the nba 3 line. My shot is a lot different at that range, need to set my feet and really push off when I'm jumping to take the shot to ensure i get the power and the range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Thread Information