Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jrue out of walking boot, still hurting

Jrue out of walking boot, still hurting

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I hope this guy gets it together we gave up a lot to watch him ride the bench it's very frustrating but I will stay positive for now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will not be seeing Jrue again this season.
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 03-04-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Medical staff is a joke

We see progress in his medical status in that tweet, yet everyone is negative about it...??? Weird

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    We see progress in his medical status in that tweet, yet everyone is negative about it...??? Weird
    "still pain and swelling" seems i dunno.... bad? I'm no doctor doe.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    No progress. He can't play. That's not good.

His original time table was 2-3 weeks. It's been 5+ and it's looking like it will be 2 or 3 more weeks from here which would put us at the end of the season. I am really skeptical about his set back too. It's not like a sprained ankle where he went out there and tweaked it again, he had a stress reaction. I don't have medical background, but isn't that a result of long term repeated stress to one area? How do you suffer a major set back by practicing for one day?
    The whole process has been ambiguous diagnoses followed by missed timetables. For the second year in a row. Of course fans are frustrated

Stress fractures are tricky. Once you've experienced one you are prone to reoccurrence. I was a distance runner when I was younger and had one plague me for the better part of two years, though it eventually went away. Based on my experience I can promise you there is no one more frustrated with the situation than Jrue. The most common error people make in dealing with one is not taking enough time away from their sport to let it heal properly. That can mean months of taking it easy, with no guarantee it won't flair up again.

March 12-14: on one of those days we will hear one of two things: He will be ready to play this week or he is done for the year.
    @mcnamara247

Maybe bodies react differently. Maybe severity of stress fracture vary greatly. I just don't get the time table - I ran track I have dealt with shin splints, stress reactions, and stress fractures. They suck no doubt. If you touch the spot it can bring you to your knees, but with a bit of rest you can play through. I have been on training regiments that call for 7 days a week running. If pain is too great i moved to grass, if still bad move to barefoot training. Now obviously basketball is not done barefoot or on grass. But I wonder however if they could do their conditioning there.

I did not have surgery on my stress fractures. If I train too heavily now I do get reactions but throttling back and treatment allows me to do a great deal of high impact running to this day (5-6 days a week).

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    March 12-14: on one of those days we will hear one of two things: He will be ready to play this week or he is done for the year.
    That's a week and a half from now. If he is experiencing pain and swelling now, then I can't fathom a scenario in which he's on the court within two and a half weeks.

Tweet says- Still pain, swelling.

Doesn't say how much. Doesn't say the question asked to get that answer. Could be as simple as - that's the reason he is not playing tonight.

A final decision should be made around that time

I'd MUCH rather him sit out the rest of this season and come back healthy for next season rather than have him rush back this season and further delay his healthy return. But isn't this what most people said LAST season. Alas, unfortunately, there are no guarantees.

The worst part to me is that he rarely missed any time while he was with the Sixers. Makes me want to pull out what's left of my hair.

I think we are focusing so much on the last part of the tweet, which could be negative, but not on the first part. Gotta be a step forward that he is out of the boot, no?

I think we are focusing so much on the last part of the tweet, which could be negative, but not on the first part. Gotta be a step forward that he is out of the boot, no?
    Pun intended?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

And that's all I am saying. I guess I was in the group of people that already believed he would be shut down for the year. Don't get me wrong, of course I wanted him back to make a push, but Id rather him be fully healthy than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    No progress. He can't play. That's not good.
    And him removing his boot is definitely progress. Just because he cant play, doesn't mean there is no progression.
    Last edited by DaBrow; 03-04-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Problem is the release injury info is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. If you think it's possible he can come back and play you give the general estimated time it takes to recover then re-evaluate at that point. Rinse and repeat. If you don't think he can come back at all, IR. I think had we been in a ******** playoff scenario (5-7 games back) then he would have been IR'd long ago. But since they are in the hunt, why blindly write him off for the season if he's potentially available come playoff time? I rather them dink and dunk his timetable and re-evaluate every few weeks, despite the frustration in no progress.

if he is done for the year will we qualify for that injured player exception thing?

Jrue really shows the value of a good attitude to a teams fanbase. By all measures Jrue has been the quintessential team player and professional since getting here. He isn't the vocal guy a CP3 was but he carries himself maturely and intelligently and more importantly doesnt put his foot in his mouth when he talks to the press.

But fact is he has been almost as injury prone as Gordon since getting here and we gave up quite a lot to get Jrue as well.

The difference between the two players is attitude and maturity.

Gordon could of done himself a TON of favors with this fanbase if he had just kept his mouth shut when he went into RFA and not been such an egotist and elitist when he got here. He has done a complete 180 but even today the residual effect of that early immaturity and attitude has people treating him with vile and I can't say I blame them even if I disagree and have grown to like the guy he has become.

Jrue has people rooting for him because he seems like he wants to be here and carries himself well. Gordon showed a complete apathy to our team, fanbase and carried himself like an entitled brat and it turned everyone against him.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-04-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Like I said at around the time of the all star break he won't be back the rest of the year. I had the same injury in college and had to have 3 to 4 months of rest. Missed my entire sophomore year with the injury. He will not be back the rest of the year in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Jrue really shows the value of a good attitude to a teams fanbase. By all measures Jrue has been the quintessential team player and professional since getting here. He isn't the vocal guy a CP3 was but he carries himself maturely and intelligently and more importantly doesnt put his foot in his mouth when he talks to the press.

But fact is he has been almost as injury prone as Gordon since getting here and we gave up quite a lot to get Jrue as well.

The difference between the two players is attitude and maturity.

Gordon could of done himself a TON of favors with this fanbase if he had just kept his mouth shut when he went into RFA and not been such an egotist and elitist when he got here. He has done a complete 180 but even today the residual effect of that early immaturity and attitude has people treating him with vile and I can't say I blame them even if I disagree and have grown to like the guy he has become.

Jrue has people rooting for him because he seems like he wants to be here and carries himself well. Gordon showed a complete apathy to our team, fanbase and carried himself like an entitled brat and it turned everyone against him.
    This
    I'm a grinder

I like all of our components except ryno and jimmer.

What did I tell you! We can't rehab players worth d**k!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    What did I tell you! We can't rehab players worth d**k!
    I think we all need to sit down and define what makes something a fact.

Thread Information