Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AD upgraded to questionable

AD upgraded to questionable

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/ant...d-questionable

New Orleans (32-28) may be a bit closer to getting their All-Star power forward back in uniform. Anthony Davis (right shoulder), who has been sidelined for the past six games, went through contact drills in the Pelicans’ Metairie practice facility today. The 21-year-old has been upgraded to questionable for Wednesday’s home game vs. Detroit.

woo woo
    never assume

Let him rest another week man. The stretch run is when we need him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Aren't we already in the stretch run?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    while I agree w/ this... I believe our current line-up SHOULD be able to beat the Pistons and Celtics inside the SKC... let AD continue to rest until the Memphis game on Saturday
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    while I agree w/ this... I believe our current line-up SHOULD be able to beat the Pistons and Celtics inside the SKC... let AD continue to rest until the Memphis game on Saturday
    Playing devils advocate here...there's normally a lil adjustment period when a big rotation player returns to a lineup after extended absence (Durant against us twice, among plenty other examples), so using the Pistons and Celtics to help the guys readjust to playing next to AD while playing more...manageable opponents before Memphis would be good. If he's healthy enough to play of course.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    I think this is such a dangerous line of thinking. Two things - 1.) Remember how they looked vs. Utah w/o Ryno, AD, and Holiday. And I would say both Boston and Detroit are playing better now than Utah was then.

2.) You want AD to shake the rust off before he gets to the good teams. Not like he is gonna be great in his first game back.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think this is such a dangerous line of thinking. Two things - 1.) Remember how they looked vs. Utah w/o Ryno, AD, and Holiday. And I would say both Boston and Detroit are playing better now than Utah was then.

2.) You want AD to shake the rust off before he gets to the good teams. Not like he is gonna be great in his first game back.
    I agree....I will definitely get there early to see how he looks in pregame warmup........Monty I'm sure will limit his minutes....

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yes and no. yes every game is important, but not enough to rush him back, and risk him coming back too soon (like he did after the all star break).

We have "gotten by" without him these last couple weeks, and I would rather us try to "get by" without him until he's healthy enough.

And AD needs to not lead with the bad shoulder next time he tries to draw a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

I completely understand and am glad I don't get paid to make decisions like that

I was just wanting to mitigate the chance of him getting reinjured before our next real big game

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Going to the game tom......get your butt out there AD

I would support this idea if asik was still playing well. the fact is he played badly last game. we can't win game if AA is the only big who can produce offensively.
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

This decision seems highly questionable

Might get a bit of a schedule break with Boston and Memphis. Boston will be on the road,playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. Memphis will be playing their 4th in 5 nights.

Yes,we have 7 games in 10 nights, but it looks like this is the norm for a lot of teams around the league, and at least we got these three straight at home.

If we can get through this 7 in 10 stretch with 4 or 5 wins and then get Ryno (and maybe Jrue) back during that 4 day break, plus AD 100%, then we can hit that final stretch with some hope that we can play some really elite ball.

I would bring him back for limited minutes (maybe 12-16) against the Pistons, and let him go full against Boston if he handles tonight without a setback.

Banned
    The Pistons have some big boys so he may get a few more bumps right off the bat than he needs. Boston would be better for me since they are a more finesse team. AND they suck.

if he is 99% bring him back, if not then don't. No one is really 100% this far into the season.

Last edited by rt0307; 03-04-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Hell yA! I hope he plays!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome I hope he doesn't get bumped in the shoulder we need him now if we're going to make the playoff run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information