Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: People say we are "extremely unlucky" but in other ways we are actually pretty lucky.

People say we are "extremely unlucky" but in other ways we are actually pretty lucky.

Yes we are unlucky that we seems to always have the injury bug spread through our players year in and year out, and that players don't seem to live up to their full potential in Nola (Asik/ Gordon and you can even argue Jrue).
    But, if you think about how much OKC have been hit by the injury bug with Ibaka and Durant out for the season, along with suns GM having a brean explosion with trading their team out of the playoffs... Then we are pretty lucky, because without those two variables, we wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs right now.

You are talking about just this season though. When people are saying that we are unlucky, they are referencing 19 of the last 20 years.

I am not gonna cry for OKC because they had tremendous health the first 4-5 years of Durants career. I would kill for the injury luck they had in Durants first playoff year when the top 8 in their rotation missed 13 games COMBINED
    @mcnamara247

And every rain drop can help to make a rainbow!

Jokes on Houston...they probably thought that they were getting a top 10 pick.

Suckers!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Do we even have a 1st round pick in draft?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You are talking about just this season though. When people are saying that we are unlucky, they are referencing 19 of the last 20 years.

I am not gonna cry for OKC because they had tremendous health the first 4-5 years of Durants career. I would kill for the injury luck they had in Durants first playoff year when the top 8 in their rotation missed 13 games COMBINED
    Exactly. Be great to stay healthy an entire season. I bet if we did that with this squad we'd win 52 games

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Do we even have a 1st round pick in draft?
    We gave that up for Asik.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    We gave that up for Asik.
    Wow Dell. Can we trade Jrue and get that pick back?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Wow Dell. Can we trade Jrue and get that pick back?
    Dell is clearly not interested in picks.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Dell is clearly not interested in picks.
    Much like Bowers

This is just another one of those years without talent. We have an mvp caliber 22 year old but he's still childish in some ways and not ready mature enough to take the mvp yet. After seeing the way our cap space filled up, I felt pretty pessimistic about everything. I would bet a lot of money that Dell is gone after this season. He has not hit a homerun on anyone since he's been here. He's just done decently. We could easily have the greek freak if he had the balls to draft the best SF prospect in the draft, but he's just taken the "safe" road on "proven nba players".

He's filled up the cap with players that can just prove they are role players.

Forget about rivers and missing James Harden and other legit stars that were up on the auction block.

Give me

Bledsoe/cole
    Gordon
    Freak/qpon
    AD
    Al Jefferson

And i'd be behind this team, but i really can't find myself rooting for this team after the way it was built. My only hope is that Jrue can come back and show signs of being a little like Mike as far as the aggressiveness, quickness, length, and endurance and unwillingess to quit he showed before. Tyreke would be really good if he was 6'9" and could shoot, but he's too limited to be the main offensive weapon. No one else on our team has enough athleticism to make other teams uncomfortable. I don't care if we make the playoffs or not, we've just showed we can't match GS in many way, not just in shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    This is just another one of those years without talent. We have an mvp caliber 22 year old but he's still childish in some ways and not ready mature enough to take the mvp yet. After seeing the way our cap space filled up, I felt pretty pessimistic about everything. I would bet a lot of money that Dell is gone after this season. He has not hit a homerun on anyone since he's been here. He's just done decently. We could easily have the greek freak if he had the balls to draft the best SF prospect in the draft, but he's just taken the "safe" road on "proven nba players".

He's filled up the cap with players that can just prove they are role players.

Forget about rivers and missing James Harden and other legit stars that were up on the auction block.

Give me

Bledsoe/cole
    Gordon
    Freak/qpon
    AD
    Al Jefferson

And i'd be behind this team, but i really can't find myself rooting for this team after the way it was built. My only hope is that Jrue can come back and show signs of being a little like Mike as far as the aggressiveness, quickness, length, and endurance and unwillingess to quit he showed before. Tyreke would be really good if he was 6'9" and could shoot, but he's too limited to be the main offensive weapon. No one else on our team has enough athleticism to make other teams uncomfortable. I don't care if we make the playoffs or not, we've just showed we can't match GS in many way, not just in shooting.
    So we gon act like 6 of our top 7 players wasn't out last game?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    So we gon act like 6 of our top 7 players wasn't out last game?
    That is absolutely true.

Though Even healthy we don't really stand a chance:

Curry>> Jrue/evans
    Thompson>> Gordon
    Barnes>> Qpon
    Green << Davis
    Bogut >> Asik

Warriors bench >> Pelicans Bench

Kerr >> Monty

I still want the playoffs for growth purposes but I have little illusions that we actually have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    That is absolutely true.

Though Even healthy we don't really stand a chance:

Curry>> Jrue
    Thompson>> Gordon
    Barnes>> Qpon
    Green << Davis
    Bogut >> Asik

Warriors bench >> Pelicans Bench

Kerr >> Monty
    So you just gon leave Anthony Davis out of the equation? That's convenient.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Conveniently ignorant is the best way to describe this place

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Conveniently ignorant is the best way to describe this place

Apparently you two can't read. So you might want to stop throwing stones from that glass house there.

Apparently you two can't read.
    6 of our top 7 players out, and we were within 5 points halfway through the 3rd.... Then our reserves ran out of gas against the best and deepest team in the league. Yea, we would have absolutely 0 chance. The fact we kept fighting back and weren't completely out of that game by the 1st was a miracle.

We are not a well built team. Dell gone.

Apparently you two can't read. So you might want to stop throwing stones from that glass house there.
    I wasn't necessarily referring to you, just a recurring theme on this forum is convenient ignorance and flying off the handle. My bad, quoting his post was misleading.

Coming on this board and reaading the craps being spewed sometimes is more frustrating than watching the actual games themselves.

6 of our top 7 players out, and we were within 5 points halfway through the 3rd.... Then our reserves ran out of gas against the best and deepest team in the league. Yea, we would have absolutely 0 chance. The fact we kept fighting back and weren't completely out of that game by the 1st was a miracle.
    Yeah, you didn't read what I said did you? Why bother quoting me if you aren't going to read what I said or engage based on what I actually wrote??

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonetiks View Post
    We are not a well built team. Dell gone.
    I disagree. I think we are a well-built team, just unfortunately never healthy enough to get to see that team.

Yeah, you didn't read what I said did you? Why bother quoting me if you aren't going to read what I said or engage based on what I actually wrote??
    I did in the 2nd quote.

Watching the game we were damn lucky to be so close. Curry had one of his worst shooting performances over the past couple of seasons, how many of their shots rimmed out in that 2nd and 3rd quarter was amazing. Regardless of how close we were it was pretty obvious GSW were just screwing around most of the game. Then they decide to tighten up and game over. The final score was rather flattering.

People should do exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    People should do exactly this.
    You have listened to one Ozzy song to many!

Thread Information