Pelicans Report

Thread: Instant Reaction to Pels vs Mavs for "InTheFlyZone" on sportstalknola

Pelicans Instant Reaction to Pels vs Mavs for "InTheFlyZone" on sportstalknola

Whats your thoughts on why the pelicans played so much differently in the second half compared to the first? Just ran out of gas?

adjustments by the mavs, ran out of gas, combination of a couple things it is never just one thing. we started missing shots and panic and started settling for bad ones instead of continuing to create open ones.
    never assume

it seems like Dirk and Ellis took over and we were lacking star power

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    adjustments by the mavs, ran out of gas, combination of a couple things it is never just one thing. we started missing shots and panic and started settling for bad ones instead of continuing to create open ones.
    Good summary.

Tonight showed why this team is honestly still not a playoff ready team and why we probably need some more veteran leadership.

When the going gets tough, we go into panic mode more often then not.

YOU PLAYING BASKETBALL IN PELICAN BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Good summary.

Tonight showed why this team is honestly still not a playoff ready team and why we probably need some more veteran leadership.

When the going gets tough, we go into panic mode more often then not.
    I don't think we are a playoff team either but honestly I've been happy with what I've been seeing from the team recently, I think we are making strides and that's really big with AD and Jrue out, if we continue like this and finish on a high note hopefully it can carry over to next year

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    I don't think we are a playoff team either but honestly I've been happy with what I've been seeing from the team recently, I think we are making strides and that's really big with AD and Jrue out, if we continue like this and finish on a high note hopefully it can carry over to next year
    Eh, playoff team is vague imho. In the East we are, in the West we're fringe.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Eh, playoff team is vague imho. In the East we are, in the West we're fringe.
    *western playoff team then haha

but yea I think we are a pretty good team now, just have to put together a couple more things to make it in the west

Aminu was the Mavs' best shot blocker... why didn't Tyreke even try to get to the rack like he normally does? Thanks GOD we were hitting our jumpers, because that game could have been waaaaaay uglier. How many FTs did we shoot? 8? That's what happens when you shoot jumpers all night.

We have to make an effort to get to the rack. The reason why our 2nd half was bad was because we stopped making those jumpers that we were hitting in the first half. plain and simple. Nothing else changed... we didn't defend any worse in the 2nd half than we did in the 1st. We just stopped making shots.

Hyping PR.com on espn now!!!!! ESPN 103.3

Banned
    We have a lot of Mid level players who want shots.

Thread Information