Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans @ Mavericks - 3-02-15

Banned
    In games over 15 minutes....Mind you their are only 10 and they are sprinkled with DNP's...Jimmer averages

19min. 8.7 points and 2.8 assists. We are a 500 ball club in those games.

Take that as good, bad or blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Jimmer was a -1 last night. He didn't play well but didn't single handedly allow Dallas to go on a run. ...
    In that 3 offensive possession 2 defensive possession run Jimmer stood in the corner while Cole scored, had 2 TOs, got burned on D, and fouled. That Dallas run in the 2nd was probably 80-90% Jimmer. As soon as he sat we went on a 7-0 run. I'm also ignoring a couple scores later when he bricked a wide open 3. -1 is the most generous rating ever for his performance.

I don't blame him for the loss but he was BAD last night. This is just stating the obvious.

Banned
    You could say the same thing about any player. Cole went 0-10 and almost did lose us a game. His defense hasn't been stellar and he has racked up some fouls. I'm not comparing the two players, but when Jimmer played well his minutes never increased...When he played poorly he was DNP'd. That is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    You could say the same thing about any player. Cole went 0-10 and almost did lose us a game. His defense hasn't been stellar and he has racked up some fouls. I'm not comparing the two players, but when Jimmer played well his minutes never increased...When he played poorly he was DNP'd. That is wrong.
    Because when he played "well" he was still a complete liability on defense, was deficient at running an offense, missed any 3s he took. He hit a few step through's and didn't play has horrible as he has been his entire career, doesn't mean he played well. But in comparison to himself he was better yes... compared to a legitimate NBA guard he hasn't played well his entire NBA career...

Cole has at least proven he is a legitimate backup guard, capable of initiating the offense, playing defense and knocking down open shots. When you are proven you are on a looser leash and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    I think the thing with is Jimmer is is that he is not quick enough to successfully be a full-time back up PG for us. You put any pressure on him bringing it up the court and you can expect him to barely get the ball across in time for a violation. Which allows the defense time to set and makes it harder to execute the offense.

He puts in effort on defense but he isn't a good defender. If you are claiming cole isn't a good defender then what is Jimmer?

none of that would problem this team couldn't overcome if Evans, Jrue or Gordon was the primary ball handler when he was on the court because then Jimmer just becomes a scorer who can spread the floor. But he has been abysmal with his 3's this season. Which is where his value really comes from in that role.

I said it before but I think he could find a home somewhere like the Spurs or the Hawks if he can find his shot again. He is a smart player, can score multiple ways, a willing passer and before he came here was a great shooter. The problem is we need a player that excels where his flaws are and so I don't think this is a marriage meant to last.

I think he has a home somewhere as a 8th man on a good team if he can get out of his slump.

Thread Information