Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans @ Mavericks - 3-02-15

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    And yet we were will in the game no? Cause by that fourth it was on the refs calling every foul known to man and yet were on the other end getting actually hacked and nothing honestly when do wesly and Myers say **** about the refs unless it's legit coooome on
    We broke even in the fourth. We lost the game in the third.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Dude he didn't protect the paint what more do you want? It's not about his guy only but playing team defense. I teach my team that philosophy don't give up on D. Numbers and stats have their place but look at the whole work. Out guards can help a bit more too.
    Answer the question other wise he did exactly what he was suppose to do oh you're blaming him for sagging off and not giving his guy an allyoop?

I know everyone wants playoffs but in all honesty if we win 44 this is a successful season. That will be tough, but that is the benchmark that was placed on them by the Vegas at the beginning of the year. 43 wins being the over/under projection. These guys, if we get back AD and RYNO and JRUE can reach that mark.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    We broke even in the fourth. We lost the game in the third.
    Maaaan come on lol we've lost fourths before the difference we didn't get screwed in the foul department I'm sorry but last nights game and tonight's game the refs were insanely inconsistent

That's not what I'm saying but in the fourth when it was close and we had chance they were calling everything for the mavs and it doesn't what you do if the refs call a foul on 4 straight possessions you aren't winning come on they were treating Harris like he was the next Jordan
    yea, and we gave ourselves a big hole to get out of, and we missed open shots, and we got some unlucky bounces, and our guards couldn't keep theirs out of the paint where they outscored us by 26. There were more bad things than just the refs, but we also did a lot of good, take out the 3rd Q and we win, our 4th quarter defense was actually pretty good. It wasn't as if the refs just blew flipped a coin and it landed mavs come on man
    never assume

Answer the question other wise he did exactly what he was suppose to do oh you're blaming him for sagging off and not giving his guy an allyoop?
    his job is not just to defend the other center, they don't rely on their centers, Asik didn't have a good game, but he's been playing well recently just not tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    yea, and we gave ourselves a big hole to get out of, and we missed open shots, and we got some unlucky bounces, and our guards couldn't keep theirs out of the paint where they outscored us by 26. There were more bad things than just the refs, but we also did a lot of good, take out the 3rd Q and we win, our 4th quarter defense was actually pretty good. It wasn't as if the refs just blew flipped a coin and it landed mavs come on man
    Were you watching that game? It's a little weird that when we got really close that there was a call against us in what world does a team get four foul calls in a row seriously?

his job is not just to defend the other center, they don't rely on their centers, Asik didn't have a good game, but he's been playing well recently just not tonight
    He was brought here for d and to take the pounding away from ad that's it period but expect him to be Shaq or some ****

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    What's funny? I thought it was the ghost of richard jefferson. Then I saw the real richard jefferson. Turns out the ghost was just charlie villanueva.
    I can't hate on Charlie V, a co-worker of mine has a daughter with that same medical condition as Charlie V, and every time Charlie comes to town he leaves about 20 tickets for children and parents dealing with that disease.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Maaaan come on lol we've lost fourths before the difference we didn't get screwed in the foul department I'm sorry but last nights game and tonight's game the refs were insanely inconsistent
    They had 8 more FTA then us. They beat us by 9. Even if the refs called a completely even game we still lose.

This loss isn't on the refs.

He was brought here for d and to take the pounding away from ad that's it period but expect him to be Shaq or some ****
    ok.... yea he wasn't literally brought here just to bang with other bigs, he has help defense and switches and rebounding and other things to do too, tonight wasnt a good matchup for him idk what else to tell you or why you would think I expect him to be shaq when all I said was he didn't play too well tonight

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    They had 8 more FTA then us. They beat us by 9. Even if the refs called a completely even game we still lose.

This loss isn't on the refs.
    Really? Bc it's the timing of those calls yay matter not the amount that fourth was the refs time and you can't even deny that **** like I said every single time we got within six oh hey look a foul

Rule of thumb

Stop the basketball.

ok.... yea he wasn't literally brought here just to bang with other bigs, he has help defense and switches and rebounding and other things to do too, tonight wasnt a good matchup for him idk what else to tell you or why you would think I expect him to be shaq when all I said was he didn't play too well tonight
    I wasn't talking about you I was talking ppl expecting him to score score score like I said he was brought here for his defense not what he could do on the offensive side of the ball

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Stop the basketball.
    Man please okay he has 2 choices stop the ball or stop the allyoop I'm sorry but I'm stopping the oop not the floater which has a 50% chance of going in

We were under staffed and out gunned.

Why are people so upset about this loss?

A few mental lapses on defense and some hero ball on offense was to be expected tonight. They still played well enough for me to expect 3 Ws by week's end.

on to the next one!

Really? Bc it's the timing of those calls yay matter not the amount that fourth was the refs time and you can't even deny that **** like I said every single time we got within six oh hey look a foul
    Even if the fourth was the refs time as you say, the game was lost in the third. Again, 13 points in a quarter isn't going to cut it against any playoff team.

Said elsewhere before the game that I thought we would drop this one. On the back-to-back with a short roster against a Dallas team coming off a couple of losses. Set up as a loss. I was okay with how we played. Had some terrible dry spells but I can't say that shocked me. Liked the fight and grit late in the game. Split the road trip and have gone 5-1 since losing Ryan and AD to injury. No complaints here. Key is to grab a couple of wins at home this week against sub-.500 teams. Somehow I'm not as concerned about low-energy let downs with the role players getting big minutes.

Lol did some of you really a EXPECT us to win this game. We are now 4-1 or 5-1 since the Injuries. If we would of said that ahead of time we'd be thrilled. Good lord chill out. Phoenix is imploding right now. We are right there in the race for the 7-8 seed.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Bronco you are definitely being too harsh here. It's good that you expect the best effort & execution all the time I suppose, but I agree with kclaboy. Who just really expected us to win this game on the back end of an altitude back to back. Winning this "schedule loss" 3rd game in 4 days would've been gravy.

And I agree with another post from earlier. The DEN game was the important game. If that would have been lost, THEN this game would have been more of a must win IMO. But we gave ourselves some cushion
    Last edited by djpaul89; 03-03-2015 at 12:27 AM.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We were under staffed and out gunned.

Why are people so upset about this loss?
    Because PR. It's what we do roun' here.

Refereeing was far too inconsistent, and I hate blaming it on officials because in reality it often works out...

But we were driving into the lane and getting hit like it was Ray Lewis dishing it up. Then on the other end there was ticky tack pass interference calls being given.

Also Jimmer should never ever get game time again, he single handedly let Dallas go on a run. A horrible defender/ shooter that cant actually shoot it useless.

Bring on Elliot Williams (however I still think between Reke Cole EG and Q we shouldnt see Jimmer Regardless)

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    Refereeing was far too inconsistent, and I hate blaming it on officials because in reality it often works out...

But we were driving into the lane and getting hit like it was Ray Lewis dishing it up. Then on the other end there was ticky tack pass interference calls being given.

Also Jimmer should never ever get game time again, he single handedly let Dallas go on a run. A horrible defender/ shooter that cant actually shoot it useless.

Bring on Elliot Williams (however I still think between Reke Cole EG and Q we shouldnt see Jimmer Regardless)
    Jimmer was a -1 last night. He didn't play well but didn't single handedly allow Dallas to go on a run. ...

Thread Information