Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Noah gets constant praise---Omer, not so much ! WHY ???

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Noah gets constant praise---Omer, not so much ! WHY ???

I have watched Noah play & he makes Omer look like Wilt Chamberlain ! The Guy is absolute atrocious on offense... He shoots 43% & averages 7 & 10. Omer is 52%/ Noah is clumsy,he cant shoot a lick_(FT's either) & has a bit of a temper.Noah would probably fetch 2-4 mill more than Omer on the market.Go fugure! Noah gets the love. Omer gets the finger! I dont get it.

Because Noah yells and screams after every play he makes.

I really believe that this is a big, subconscious reason people don't love Omer. He doesn't look like he cares. Doesn't "play with fire". All that BS.

I don't buy it, but after all his bad games, I have seen multiple comments like this. Apparently, if all our players yelled more (and our coach too), that would show that they care.
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

I really believe that this is a big, subconscious reason people don't love Omer. He doesn't look like he cares. Doesn't "play with fire". All that BS.

I don't buy it, but after all his bad games, I have seen multiple comments like this. Apparently, if all our players yelled more (and our coach too), that would show that they care.
    OH ! I see !

If he improves getting his shot blocked and the fumbling the ball so much , I'm fine with Asik

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    If he improves getting his shot blocked and the fumbling the ball so much , I'm fine with Asik
    What if he doesn't? All players have flaws. If he was great at these things too, he would get 15 mil a year.

Sometimes a player just is who he is. Would I like it if Tyreke shot better or had a higher IQ? Sure. I would love it if Jrue got to the line more as well.

But we are not going to get 10 flawless guys on this roster. Looking to dump every guy who has a weakness for the next perfect guy isn't realistic. And trust me, once we get the new guy, we will find a reason to hate his game too

If Omer yelled and screamed would anyone understand what he was saying? It would be like seeking medical advice from Chewbacca.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The problem with Omer is people projecting his salary, realizing he should only be playing about 25 minutes a game, and understanding that his value is entirely on the defensive end.

$44m over 4, or $33m over 3, is a huge investment in a guy who's only giving you value for a 1/4 of the game, and limiting what you do for another 1/4 of the game.

It's clear Asik has value. But value can be calculated and for some of us, it's not adding up. I'd love what Asik brings to the team if we could pay him $6-8 million and give him 20 minutes a game, while retaining Ajinca at about $2-3m and giving him 10 minutes and having some versatility; offense when we need it and depth.

I really don't care who screams and yells. I just don't want to overpay and overplay Asik.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If Omer yelled and screamed would anyone understand what he was saying? It would be like seeking medical advice from Chewbacca.
    Too late, The great Chewbacca has passed.

If an Asik yells but no one is around to hear it..

Aw whatever
    Jrue dat

You are telling me you would take omer ask for 10 million over Noah for 12-14 million?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The problem with Omer is people projecting his salary, realizing he should only be playing about 25 minutes a game, and understanding that his value is entirely on the defensive end.

$44m over 4, or $33m over 3, is a huge investment in a guy who's only giving you value for a 1/4 of the game, and limiting what you do for another 1/4 of the game.

It's clear Asik has value. But value can be calculated and for some of us, it's not adding up. I'd love what Asik brings to the team if we could pay him $6-8 million and give him 20 minutes a game, while retaining Ajinca at about $2-3m and giving him 10 minutes and having some versatility; offense when we need it and depth.

I really don't care who screams and yells. I just don't want to overpay and overplay Asik.
    I think this is a great point. Omer Asik is a great 20 minute big man defender. Noah is a 35 minute great defender, who is about 10 times more athletic than omer asik and trust me, that isn't saying that noah is that athletic...

there has to be a reason why probably every GM in the league prefers Noah over Asik, and I don't think yelling and screaming has to do with it, Noah is CLEARLY a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    You are telling me you would take omer ask for 10 million over Noah for 12-14 million?
    i sure hope not.

Noah is a better FT shooter, you can run your offense through him, he gets a lot more touches and it doesn't really turn the ball over that much more than Asik, he's anchored what's been the best defense in the NBA for about 5 years now.

Yeah, he gets more praise than Omer Asik.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Noah is a better FT shooter, you can run your offense through him, he gets a lot more touches and it doesn't really turn the ball over that much more than Asik, he's anchored what's been the best defense in the NBA for about 5 years now.

Yeah, he gets more praise than Omer Asik.
    I bet the turnover numbers are about the same but they don't take into account the +2-4 ridiculously easy blocks that someone gets off OMer Asik per game that were a completely futile attempt to score to begin with, which might as well be a turnover in my book. Omer Asik should only shoot the ball when there is literally no one even close to him, he has yet to understand this, and the fact that he can't jump over a credit card should alert him to the fact that his shot is extremely easy to block, especially since his hands move at negative speed. He is good at defense though, against bigger bodied big men, who he has an easier time blocking out, athletic smaller big man he has a hard time with because they can use the old trusty move of: jumping higher, reaching further, going around his lumbering- lord of the rings- cave troll movements.--- Other than that he is an asset.

Banned
    Noah is being praised for his history more than his play at this point. Legacy props.

It's about Asik's playing time. Play him 36 minute per game, then you'll see the attraction.

Omer looked like he was getting in to Amare's head tonight. I like that. And Amare started jawing at him and Omer didn't even register it.

And trust me, once we get the new guy, we will find a reason to hate his game too
    Might want to say that one more time...lol

I don't think the ones in the back heard you.

Noah is a better defender IMO and as many have said, contributes for more minutes in a game. Asik is a good defender, but he seems to let players get too deep on him too often.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    Omer looked like he was getting in to Amare's head tonight. I like that. And Amare started jawing at him and Omer didn't even register it.
    Probably due to the language barrier

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Noah is a better defender IMO and as many have said, contributes for more minutes in a game. Asik is a good defender, but he seems to let players get too deep on him too often.
    I am sure Bulls fans hate parts of his game, but they wouldn't trade him but for very few players (none of which are Asik). Me personally, I would take Noah 9 days a week. He is a beast down low. I am not sure how much of his play is him being ugly, and how much is natural talent, but that man plays a wild and ugly brand of basketball.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Noah is loud and has personality. Because of this, he gets his team fired up.
    He also plays for one of the most popular teams in the league.

Asik is quiet and timid. Because of this, he doesn't tend to get his team fired up.
    He plays for one of the most under the radar teams in the league.

Is "under the radar" the title we are giving to .500 basketball teams?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is "under the radar" the title we are giving to .500 basketball teams?
    Excuse me? We're .533, I'll have you know.

Thread Information