Pelicans Report

Thread: 8th Seed tomorrow...

8th Seed tomorrow...

Because we own the tiebreaker, if we beat Dallas our records (okc) will be identical, therefore we should move into 8th seed?

That is correct and that 3 pointer by Davis looms bigger and bigger each day.

Right!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    They'll never see us coming.

I hate the Mav's
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

If they trot out that 3 guard Rondo/Barea/Ellis lineup like they did against Brooklyn, I be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    I hate the Mav's
    I respect the Spurs but I hate them but the mavs I loooooath them lmao I feel like they're the Falcons for this team lmao

Banned
    If we stay close early our offensive pressure will win out. Diversity wins out.

don't bet on it bud

1-6

Dallas is in their own hell right now with Rondo.

2 months ago I would say this is the sort of game where we help Dallas get their train back on the tracks by giving them a big win and a moral rallying point because we can't win both on back to backs.

I actually feel good about our chances.

That offense is stagnating and rondo is frustrated and Carlisle doesn't trust him.

Dallas took a gamble on rondo and he looks like he is going to burn that franchise.

The shell of former great PG Deron Williams just destroyed rondo and the celtics the other night. One game removed from rondos benching and shouting match with coach Carlisle.

Here's a good write up on how bad the Romdo experiment has gotten and how scared Boston seems to be with him:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...WvN/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Dallas is in their own hell right now with Rondo.

2 months ago I would say this is the sort of game where we help Dallas get their train back on the tracks by giving them a big win and a moral rallying point because we can't win both on back to backs.

I actually feel good about our chances.

That offense is stagnating and rondo is frustrated and Carlisle doesn't trust him.

Dallas took a gamble on rondo and he looks like he is going to burn that franchise.

The shell of former great PG Deron Williams just destroyed rondo and the celtics the other night. One game removed from rondos benching and shouting match with coach Carlisle.
    the fact that Rondo and Carlisle already had 1 on the bench spat (that led to Rondo being suspended a game) shows how that trade has affected them in a negative way

saw a graphic that showed that pretty much all of Dallas's offensive output had gone down (along w/ their record) since Rondo went there

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    the fact that Rondo and Carlisle already had 1 on the bench spat (that led to Rondo being suspended a game) shows how that trade has affected them in a negative way

saw a graphic that showed that pretty much all of Dallas's offensive output had gone down (along w/ their record) since Rondo went there
    Yep, for a duo like Cuban and Carlisle that love analytics I am still baffled that the Mavs traded for a guy that literally goes against everything they believe in.

Like the article I posted rightfully points out, rondo literally embodies everything analytics tells you is ineffective compared to alternatives.

Thread Information