Pelicans Report

Thread: Harden kicks LeBron in his jimmies

NBA Harden kicks LeBron in his jimmies

OUCH
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Banned
    That is the second altercation with Lebron. They are trying to be tough and they are winning, but this stuff really is only hurting them from blowing this open. They aren't a tough team anyway.

IDK Lebron looks legit shook haha. He is missing FT's(with Howard cracking on the bench when he did it) and taking hero shots against superstar, all-time great defender James Harden guarding him.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    IDK Lebron looks legit shook haha. He is missing FT's(with Howard cracking on the bench when he did it) and taking hero shots against superstar, all-time great defender James Harden guarding him.
    Obviously watching different games. LBJ is bad ft shooter but he's definitely not shook.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

LBJ doesn't get half the calls Harden gets because he's so big. LBG might average 40 if he got the Harden calls

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Obviously watching different games. LBJ is bad ft shooter but he's definitely not shook.
    He clearly had a stretch where he was settling for some bad shots when he didn't need to and was missing everything. Right after the altercation.

He's doing just fine now though lol.

He clearly had a stretch where he was settling for some bad shots when he didn't need to and was missing everything. Right after the altercation.

He's doing just fine now though lol.
    LBJ gets the Shaquille treatment while Harden literally gets every call.

LBJ doesn't get half the calls Harden gets because he's so big. LBG might average 40 if he got the Harden calls
    Both the Cavs and Rockets get plenty of calls IMO. James and James have both earned their Doctorates at the Ginoboli school of flopping. There is a .7 percent difference in the number their teams get per game.

If James was anybody else he would of been ejected with a second technical this game.

Neither need any more help from the refs IMO.
    LBJ gets the Shaquille treatment while Harden literally gets every call.
    Eh, I dont agree really. 9.5FTA vs 8.1FTA and both attack the rim at about the same rate. Harden I think does it more often in traffic though. Harden gets a slight uptick in calls, one more per game, but Harden flops a bit more and is elite at drawing contact and players are more reluctant to get in Lebrons way.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-01-2015 at 05:18 PM.

some good D on LeBron by our old buddy Trevor Ariza to force OT

Both the Cavs and Rockets get plenty of calls IMO. James and James have both earned their Doctorates at the Ginoboli school of flopping. There is a .7 percent difference in the number their teams get per game.

If James was anybody else he would of been ejected with a second technical this game.

Neither need any more help from the refs IMO.

Eh, I dont agree really. 9.5FTA vs 8.1FTA and both attack the rim at about the same rate. Harden I think does it more often in traffic though. Harden gets a slight uptick in calls, one more per game, but Harden flops a bit more and is elite at drawing contact and players are more reluctant to get in Lebrons way.
    Dammit man. Foiled again by your stats. LOL

the result of this... nothing but a shot clock violation

edit:

Dammit man. Foiled again by your stats. LOL
    lol, I mean I do agree with what you said to an extent. Harden clearly seems to have some sort of magic dust he sprinkles on the refs before games because he seems to get a call for contact more then anyone else. And the stats do say that. Yes some is skill but I think reputation is a part as well.

My point was that I don't think Lebron and Harden are as far apart in terms of star calls as you first suggested. And that Lebrons treatment seems to come in other ways.

Like I don't have stats for this but Lebron seems get away with jawing at players that would get others techs, hand checking like he did with Harden earlier in the game that would get a whistle in a heartbeat if any other player in the league did it. He gets his star treatment a lot with no-calls.

LOL or like just NOW haha. Im convinced James could punch harden and they wouldn't call a defensive foul on him.

Yeah James has definitely cashed in his star treatment cards tonight.

LeBron is 3/11 on FTs... and just missed 2 that looks like will cost CLE the game

The best thing about this game was watching both teams just beat the crap out of each other. So funny. Also, Josh Smith. lol

James just broke the Buffalo Wild Wings button.

Yeah Lebron is an oscar winning actor by NBA standards but on second look that kind of looked like Harden ****ery to me.

Harden beating Lebron at his own game haha.

I hate both these teams so much.

Announcer lady: So you kicked Lebron in the nuts and that weird no-call at the end

Harden: Gotta do what we can to win.

...Sums up Harden

Announcer lady: So you kicked Lebron in the nuts and that weird no-call at the end

Harden: Gotta do what we can to win.

...Sums up Harden
    Did she really say kicked in the nuts? My signal is all screwed up because of weather but man that would be hilarious.

They also asked Harden if he purposely missed it and he just straight up said yes. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Did she really say kicked in the nuts? My signal is all screwed up because of weather but man that would be hilarious.

They also asked Harden if he purposely missed it and he just straight up said yes. Lol.
    Haha, no, it was much more gentle in the phrasing. I was just taking artistic liberties and paraphrasing whatt she clearly meant.

It was something like " it was pretty physical out there. Lots of stuff going on, so what was the deal with that kick? And then there was that weird no-call at the end?" Or something like that.

The answer was still the same though.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

I surprised when refs didn't call anything on this. Harden clearly deserves a tech on this one.

Thread Information