Pelicans Report

Thread: Javale Mcagee

Javale Mcagee

Different time different place, or could we still be interested in him?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...adelphia-76ers

I am not sure how many other "contenders" have a roster spot for him, but one small buy out to a BYU favorite and I would love to have him eating up 6 fouls a game.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I used to get him in 2k every year and pair him with davis cus of that wingspan but that said i wouldn't want him in real life.

Banned
    Maybe, we should, "Put him in the mix"

I'm kinda torn on this one, on one hand he is still young, pretty athletic, and would probably come pretty cheap since he would be getting a buyout from the 6ers, but the down side to me is he is not a hard worker and can be somewhat of a knuckle-head.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Isn't he hurt? I guess it wouldn't hurt throwing the minimum at him. But that's it.

I think the Kings should pick him up. lol

not sure if serious

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Tragic Bronson? Hell no!

Low risk high reward.

Interesting, but Ajenca is playing fine.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Absolutely not

We need more IQ not less.

Don't need him. Pass.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Do it. We wanted him on a younger less experienced team. Now that the team is older and more experienced, I am not sure what harm will come of him (as long as he isn't getting major time).

He'll go to Cleveland and be really good. Good, veteran leadership changes everything.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    He'll go to Cleveland and be really good. Good, veteran leadership changes everything.
    Disagree. Michael Beasley, a more talented bonehead with fewer injury issues, went to Miami with even better leadership. Was in China the following year. Doesn't work for everyone. Won't work for McGee IMO
    @mcnamara247

Dallas or Toronto are the best situations for him because they both playoff teams in desperate need of backups Cs.

I would love to get Magee and think he could even start for us. A pairing of him and Davis would be very exciting to me and I think Monty and our staff would have him play his game similar to what Deandre Jordan does. He should come cheap compared to what he would have cost us a couple years ago. I like Asik but I would take Magee at half the price all day which it probably will be. Having Anderson and Davis are perfect fits alongside Magee. I think he has matured and is nowhere near the same personality he was years ago. If you can get him to buy into his role similar to Jordan he would be a steal for us.

Thread Information