Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Missing Austin Rivers

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    It's a New Orleans thing. On SaintsReport, there was a Darren Sproles thread once a week. It's what we do
    Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper had their own spots too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper had their own spots too.
    What, even harper? I'd really forgot that

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    What, even harper? I'd really forgot that
    He caught a few picks. That was it.

Why do some get joy out of pointing out a player that's no longer on our team doing poorly? It's like laughing at your ex for falling on her face when you broke up with her bc you just weren't feeling it. It's Busch league.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Why do some get joy out of pointing out a player that's no longer on our team doing poorly? It's like laughing at your ex for falling on her face when you broke up with her bc you just weren't feeling it. It's Busch league.
    I think this happens more often than not because of the other side bringing up the guy doing well first. People start knee jerk Aminu, Rivers, Xavier Henry, etc threads the second they play okay and then the other side points to the other side when they are terrible.

I know that I can't stand how many 'You see what Xavier Henry did tonight' comments I get on Twitter, basically implying that Monty misused them or Dell let them go and is an idiot. I never bring it up first, but because of those people, I do love when those guys fail so I never have to hear it anymore.

Got hundreds of Xavier Henry tweets last year. Haven't seen one in a while.
    @mcnamara247

Yeah that's the whole point. Seeing people actually saying oh man look how good rivers was we simply have a ****ty coach/gm or whatever other reason to complain (which people love to do) or to show that "i knew better"...well, it certainly gives an incentive to drag their faces in the dirt when the players begin play like crap again (which always happens apparently)

I mean i could get criticism when we let go of brandon bass for nothing but xavier henry/aminu/rivers? Oh please

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Yeah that's the whole point. Seeing people actually saying oh man look how good rivers was we simply have a ****ty coach/gm or whatever other reason to complain (which people love to do) or to show that "i knew better"...well, it certainly gives an incentive to drag their faces in the dirt when the players begin play like crap again (which always happens apparently)

I mean i could get criticism when we let go of brandon bass for nothing but xavier henry/aminu/rivers? Oh please
    Can you help me understand who you're talking to and what specifically ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The point is not to hate on rivers. He's just a kid. However, if he scores 28 points on a terrible team like Sacramento and you jump to an argument that Monty isn't a good coach then it's going to elicit a counter argument. It's unfair to call Monty a bad coach. Actually, Monty is a class act and if we get in the playoffs he will be the main reason we do. Do y'all notice how fluid our offense has become? We seem to be getting shots faster instead of waiting till there's 4 seconds on the shot clock. Monty is utilizing his players and he's showing us that he's capable of leading this team. I don't think Rivers will have a long career and I question his basketball IQ. He tries hard but he is used to being the hot shot and I don't think he was a team player. Every time he passed the ball I was surprised. It felt like he wanted the ball back ASAP. Rivers sees himself as a star and he's not.

Then there's this gem.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/3/2...olves-clippers

Thanks Obama!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Has KG ever went that far on someone his size or bigger? I mean seriously. I would love him to say **** to someone like Ron Artest. When he blew in david wests ear I wanted west to for one night drop being a professional and lay him the **** out. And you know he could of.

Garnett is the epitome of a paper tiger. He is crazy, yes, but he is very careful who he does it too and how far he goes depending on their size. I really hope before it is all said and done he reaps what he sows.

It's true. He is very calculated when he chooses his opponents. He goes for smaller guys and European players.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It's true. He is very calculated when he chooses his opponents. He goes for smaller guys and European players.
    Rivers was asking for it.

I can't think of but one or two guys currently in the NBA that would lay somebody out. David West is one, the other is probably Z Bo is the other. I am sure Perkins, Barnes, and Reggie Evans would be good for a fight too, but I think the days of Lambier, Malone, Zeke, etc., are gone (some say for the better).

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    Not exaggerating when I say this is one of the funniest things ever

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    That's him alright.

He should fall down when he misses, but other than that it is 100%

LMAO damm that's AR lol!

Thanks for sharing.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

This was a great video
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    +1

It also reeks of immaturity.

Most kids don't realize that pointing out someone else's faults doesn't make you look any better.

Well, most people I should amend.

Lol

Still don't like his floppin' self. But that was friggin' HILARIOUS.

Gotta rip this from Reddit:

Last edited by Eman5805; 03-27-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Thread Information