Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Realistic MLE SF Targets

Realistic MLE SF Targets

I get asked this a lot, so I figured I would post it here and I am also curious to get others opinions because I can't make up my mind myself. Here is the list that I think is realistic, with regard to small forwards we can get for the MLE or less this summer, assuming we run it back next year with pretty much the same roster plus one more SF that would either start ahead of Q-Pon or relieve him off the bench.

Who do you like most and why?

Gerald Green

Jared Dudley

Kyle Singler

Jae Crowder (RFA)

Dorrell Wright

KJ McDaniels (RFA)

Mike Dunleavy
    @mcnamara247

Whats the best we can get from a combo of Reke/Ryno/Gordon?

Of the options presented I like Dorrell Wright. I always wanted a player who's name sounded like a brand of cigaretts.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Dunleavy and Dudley would be at the top of my list.

I would go with Dudley. He's a little older than the core guys, but he seems a real likable guy with no ego with a high BBIQ. He could be the veteran leader that Salmons was to suppose to be, but unlike Salmons he'll actually be able to contribute on the court as well.

I like how we always think marginal and Dell goes past our expectations. Also sidenote if Sac offered the #6 pic for Ryan would you take that deal and grab a sf in the draft? I believe this could be a possibility because 1. Sac needs shooters 2. Karls system usual call for strech bigs 3. Ryan likely to re-sign to his hometown 4 . Kings are turned off by the draft with the last couple of bust they picked and eagerness to trade stakus 6. Kings ready to win now.

1-6

A lot of people on Twitter went with Crowder, and I think a really good case could be made for him if someone wanted to.

Do u think demarre carroll could be had?

Realistic MLE SF Targets

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    A lot of people on Twitter went with Crowder, and I think a really good case could be made for him if someone wanted to.
    I went with Crowder also. With QP, we can afford high risk high reward.

With Qpon taking leadership do we want to sign a younger player? Is that a slap in the face?

Dudley is a close second because of his veteran leadership like you mentioned in your blog.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 02-28-2015 at 11:40 PM.

There is no one on the list better than a combination of Cunningham/Pondexter, which would be a far more economical twosome.

I vote crowder

Basketball Guru
    i say none of them. im one of the hand full of people who thinks EG opt out of his contract............i believe if he stays healthy for the rest of the year and ball out plus by some chance we make the playoffs,,,,,he opt out for more years base on his injury history..............if this happens then we have room to play.............i want us to add a big that can bang in the post and draw fouls and score when the shots are not falling.......i know i didnt answer the question but i believe EG opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    I would go with Dudley. He's a little older than the core guys, but he seems a real likable guy with no ego with a high BBIQ. He could be the veteran leader that Salmons was to suppose to be, but unlike Salmons he'll actually be able to contribute on the court as well.
    That is my initial feeling as well, though I admit to not having seen enough of a couple of guys on that list to comfortably comment for or against.

Dudley passes the eye test to me and his stats are in line with what I would want: a decent defender with a plus net rating, a guy that is a 42% catch and shot 3 point player, is a efficient scorer shooting 48% and 42% from three and has been pretty impressive in interviews.

My ultimate get would be Khris Middleton but I don't think that is realistic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I like how we always think marginal and Dell goes past our expectations. Also sidenote if Sac offered the #6 pic for Ryan would you take that deal and grab a sf in the draft? I believe this could be a possibility because 1. Sac needs shooters 2. Karls system usual call for strech bigs 3. Ryan likely to re-sign to his hometown 4 . Kings are turned off by the draft with the last couple of bust they picked and eagerness to trade stakus 6. Kings ready to win now.
    If they have the cap space to take on Ryno I would be all for it. I would also see if we could grab Ray McCullum or Spike.

LOL dude just stop

I don't get how some of you guys can watch basketball being this delusional

I like the idea of Dudley the most. Then Green and to a lesser degree Singler.

I would be nearly as happy with Crowder as Dudley but I don't know that Boston will give him up if all we offer is the MLE. They could just match. I guess what I mean is I see him as a guy a lot of teams would offer the full MLE to so would he choose us over all of them? I dunno.

Ignoring that my order would be Dudley, Middleton, Crowder, Green, Wright, Singler.

I honestly think Cunningham is going to end up being a casualty this summer if we go after a MLE SF.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-28-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Banned
    KJ!

Realistic MLE SF Targets

I am going with Crowder, Green, Dudley in that order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realistic MLE SF Targets

I don't mean to be rude but anyone voting KJ needs to be slapped. He is riding the wave of playing good for one month at the beginning of the season, has been utter trash since, and is nailed to the bench in Houston for a reason.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-28-2015 at 10:54 PM.

I don't think KJ will leave Houston. Wasn't he just in Philly ripping it up, and they moved him because they were going to have to commit all kinds of money to him this offseason?

Looks like you have another Wes Matthews situation on your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLLakers View Post
    LOL dude just stop

I don't get how some of you guys can watch basketball being this delusional
    If we take back a contract like Landry I can total seeing that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but anyone voting KJ needs to be slapped. He is riding the wave of playing good for one month at the beginning of the season, has been utter trash since, and is nailed to the bench in Houston for a reason.
    He's a young guy...that with the right situation will be a good pro. But, for us he would be put in the witness protection plan. We need plug and play guys.....like Q-Pon and Cole. So, I'm more than sure Dell will use that same formula this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Do u think demarre carroll could be had?
    Not for the MLE, no

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I second this and nobody was a bigger KJ guy than me going into the draft

I don't RYNO going anywhere....especially to the kings for a pick, which will likely be a teenager.....

Thread Information