Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Realistic MLE SF Targets

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I've always liked Crowder. Didn't understand why he fell so far in the draft. I think he could be as good as Draymond Green potentially.
    The thing that separated Green is his exceptionally high IQ and passing skills. But 85% of Green? Yeah, possible. Somewhere between Carroll and Green if he hits his peak.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Perception is not the reality with Green. He has struggled on both ends of the court this season. I don't think he fits what Dell and Monty are trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So the guy who is shooting 27% from three over his last 23 games is the consistent dead eye guy we seek?

Green has a usage rate higher than every single guy on our team. Higher than AD, higher than Tyreke.

This team is full of high usage guys already, and the solution is to bring in another one?

Sorry, Green is near the bottom of the list for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We need a deadeye 3pt shooter but you don't know about Dudley? He is shooting 42.5% from 3pt this year compared to Green's 35.3%. And he's doing it while grabbing more rebounds, playing better defense, and having a MUCH lower usage.

The only question with Dudley is will he opt out or wait a year.
    I mean Danny ****ing Green. I always get to mix them up. Sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by big_peli View Post
    I mean Danny ****ing Green. I always get to mix them up. Sorry for that.
    Danny Green is the dream. But he will also cost much more than the MLE. But yes, if Gordon opts out, he is the guy I target.

I'd like to somehow weezle Rodney Hood from Utah and pray he develops. cause he sure can shoot. hopefully they draft a SF

Banned
    I like hood and he adds length. There is no substitute for that.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I'd like to somehow weezle Rodney Hood from Utah and pray he develops. cause he sure can shoot. hopefully they draft a SF
    I think Dell is interested only in young veterans. ...coming off there rookie deal. .i.e..RFA....That's seems to be his formula, which he's mentioned in a few interviews. ...

I think Dell is interested only in young veterans. ...coming off there rookie deal. .i.e..RFA....That's seems to be his formula, which he's mentioned in a few interviews. ...
    Not only Dell, but Monty too. He has said that he can't wait to stop teaching and start coaching. He is almost there now. I don't think we will see any "green" players in our rotation the next 2 or 3 years

Not only Dell, but Monty too. He has said that he can't wait to stop teaching and start coaching. He is almost there now. I don't think we will see any "green" players in our rotation the next 2 or 3 years
    Thank goodness, we're usually pretty hit and miss on the young projects anyway. As long as Dealer Demps doesn't go Bower and sign Posey and Peterson types I'd say we're looking good next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    Thank goodness, we're usually pretty hit and miss on the young projects anyway. As long as Dealer Demps doesn't go Bower and sign Posey and Peterson types I'd say we're looking good next season.
    Worst case scenario - Dudley could be that guy. Shouldn't give him a 4 yr deal. Though, 6 mil per year under new TV deal will only be about 7% of the cap. Can't hurt you that much.

Worst case scenario - Dudley could be that guy. Shouldn't give him a 4 yr deal. Though, 6 mil per year under new TV deal will only be about 7% of the cap. Can't hurt you that much.
    I'm willing to bet Dell sticks to his young vet philosophy. Assuming that, that would eliminate Dudley and Dunlevvy. So, who's left ?

Yeah, I feel that we've been given a little leeway because of the increased cap from the TV deal. We can probably survive one Posey type deal if it does happen regardless of the TV deal because of Gordon coming off the books in the next couple seasons.

I'm willing to bet Dell sticks to his young vet philosophy. Assuming that, that would eliminate Dudley and Dunlevvy. So, who's left ?
    Dudley is 29. Less than a year older than Green. I don't think he is eliminated at all.

yeah, I know the formula again alright. 25ish and all..... I was just thinking.... maybe these guy are ready to give up on that stance

Yeah, you can only have so many 'young vets'.

You get 10 guys who are 25 or younger in the rotation and then you have to pay them all at the same time on the next contract while they are still in or around their peak.

Time to add a guy or two that has been in the league for a while that can still play. I mean, Dell valued Salmons over some young guys this summer, hoping he could be both, but he wasn't. A guy like Dunleavy or Dudley can still play and they can provide that leadership - especially Dudley.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Dudley's injury history in the past several years worries me.

I'll go with Crowder.
    Plays with fire.
    Lit it up against us.
    Also has hair like Demare Carroll. (the guy many of us REALLY want)
    #dreadlocks
    #allhairteam reference http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...bbitt-evolving

Banned
    Yeah, you can only have so many 'young vets'.

You get 10 guys who are 25 or younger in the rotation and then you have to pay them all at the same time on the next contract while they are still in or around their peak.

Time to add a guy or two that has been in the league for a while that can still play. I mean, Dell valued Salmons over some young guys this summer, hoping he could be both, but he wasn't. A guy like Dunleavy or Dudley can still play and they can provide that leadership - especially Dudley.
    Dudleys knees are going to make him a walking 6 million waste of space in about half our games. This is 2 years in a row now...

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Dudley's injury history in the past several years worries me.

I'll go with Crowder.
    Plays with fire.
    Lit it up against us.
    Also has hair like Demare Carroll. (the guy many of us REALLY want)
    #dreadlocks
    #allhairteam reference http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...bbitt-evolving
    This would not be on the list of negatives for me.

Again, listen to the Lowe podcast if you haven't. Guy got on a training plan that has helped, and even outside of that, he has missed 14 games in the last 4 years including this one. That would make him Cal Ripkin on this team

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Dudleys knees are going to make him a walking 6 million waste of space in about half our games. This is 2 years in a row now...
    X-rays were negative. No real damage. If Dudley is damaged goods, then our guys (AD, Ryno, Jrue, EG) might as well all retire.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Guy got on a training plan that has helped, and even outside of that, he has missed 14 games in the last 4 years including this one. That would make him Cal Ripkin on this team
    Cal Ripkin? LOL! Made my morning.

This is precisely what worries me. Even if he has been on the upswing as far as injuries go, this is still the NOLA basketball franchise that has the injury history that it does.

But perhaps I'm worried over nothing. Jrue had a GREAT injury history before coming here.

We'll all get through this together though.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Cal Ripkin? LOL! Made my morning.

This is precisely what worries me. Even if he has been on the upswing as far as injuries go, this is still the NOLA basketball franchise that has the injury history that it does.

But perhaps I'm worried over nothing. Jrue had a GREAT injury history before coming here.

We'll all get through this together though.
    But based on this, you should be worried about any guy we sign. If this team, city, whatever is the problem, then it doesn't matter who we sign, right? You will be equally worried.

Jay Crowder stat line leaves me not impressed....
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Jay Crowder stat line leaves me not impressed....
    If all we are looking at is stat lines, better than Q-Pon, DC, or KJ McDaniels. Could argue better than Gerald Green too.

Might I cast my vote for Mike Dunleavy? Older, longer, and a better all around game than most men on the list. He has also been winning teams. He is a temporary fix, but that's what you want in this signing. You aren't looking for somebody to be married to for the next 4-5 years.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Are we talking next year? Why wouldn't we want to make a bigger move?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Might I cast my vote for Mike Dunleavy? Older, longer, and a better all around game than most men on the list. He has also been winning teams. He is a temporary fix, but that's what you want in this signing. You aren't looking for somebody to be married to for the next 4-5 years.
    I support this move and thinking as well.

Thread Information