Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Realistic MLE SF Targets

If I had to rank them I'd go

1a Crowder
    1b Dudley
    3 Green

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    I don't RYNO going anywhere....especially to the kings for a pick, which will likely be a teenager.....
    Which brings up a question I'd like to ask. Dell has gone out of his way, to the point of being nearly ridiculed (by some at the 4-letter network), to trade away draft picks for "young veterans". What on earth would make some of you think that he would then turn around and trade one of his core players (one of the aforementioned young veterans) for a draft pick(s)? This is not a rhetorical question.
    Last edited by Tomdda; 03-01-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post

1a Crowder
    1b Dudley
    3 Green
    This would be my order as well, any one of those guys would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    www.flexicarry.com

Twitter: @brian_oleen

am I missing something with Dudley? He's on contract next year for 4.25 mill with ETO. So our discussions around him are hoping he opts out yeah? I see his knee has flared up again, and he is having x-rays on it.

Danny Green is the best swingman who is available for us this summer. I don't know about Crowder but Dudley? Are you guys serious?

What we need is a consistent deadeye three point shooter who can stretch the floor for AD and Reke. Someone we can count on when we need threes and someone always punishes lazy defenders.

Danny Green is the perfect fit for us. He can defend, shoot threes in consistent basis. Jrue - Green - Evans - AD - Asik line up can harm most of our opponents when they are supported with a good bench.

I would like Butler or Kawhi tho... But again, they'll be matched and we have three unpleasant contacts of Gordon, Reke and Ryan.
    Last edited by big_peli; 03-01-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_peli View Post
    Gerald Green is the best swingman who is available for us this summer. I don't know about Crowder but Dudley? Are you guys serious?

What we need is a consistent deadeye three point shooter who can stretch the floor for AD and Reke. Someone we can count on when we need threes and someone always punishes lazy defenders.

Gerald Green is the perfect fit for us. He can defend, shoot threes in consistent basis. Jrue - Green - Evans - AD - Asik line up can harm most of our opponents when they are supported with a good bench.

I would like Butler or Kawhi tho... But again, they'll be matched and we have three unpleasant contacts of Gordon, Reke and Ryan.
    Perception is not the reality with Green. He has struggled on both ends of the court this season. I don't think he fits what Dell and Monty are trying to do.
    Last edited by SaintPelican225; 03-01-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Gerald Green is the best swingman who is available for us this summer. I don't know about Crowder but Dudley? Are you guys serious?

Gerald Green is the perfect fit for us. He can defend, shoot threes in consistent basis. Jrue - Green - Evans - AD - Asik line up can harm most of our opponents when they are supported with a good bench.

So the guy who is shooting 27% from three over his last 23 games is the consistent dead eye guy we seek?

Green has a usage rate higher than every single guy on our team. Higher than AD, higher than Tyreke.

This team is full of high usage guys already, and the solution is to bring in another one?

Sorry, Green is near the bottom of the list for me
    @mcnamara247

1a Crowder
    1b Dudley
    3 Green
    I am leaning toward this, but replacing Green with Dunleavy. Yes, I know he is older than we want, but I would take him as a two year guy who can contribute a lot while we wait for a guy like Batum to become available.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am leaning toward this, but replacing Green with Dunleavy. Yes, I know he is older than we want, but I would take him as a two year guy who can contribute a lot while we wait for a guy like Batum to become available.
    This off season will really show how the Pelicans feel about Q-Pon. So, whoever you bring in at SF. Will they start or come off the bench ?
    Last edited by SaintPelican225; 03-01-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    If Q-Pon finishes the season strong, perhaps the Pels will keep in the starting lineup. So, Dunleavy or next years scrap heap guy IMO...Dorrell Wright may be an option.....Really not a lot to chose from.
    Not if you want another top level guy, but honestly, could we absorb another top level guy without sending at least one or two out. I mean, imagine Gordon Hayward on this team. He gets added and at least one or two guys are very unhappy with how little they touch the ball.

If the team basically looks like it does now, we would need the next addition to be very unselfish and unlikely to need the ball. Or you can move a couple of guys like Gordon and Ryno, but I don't see a ton of buyers for those guys at this point. That might be a year away. And in 2016, the FA small forwards will be:

Durant
    Batum
    MKG
    H. Barnes
    C. Parsons

Anyone think jae crowder can be just as good as dammare carroll but he just isn't on a good team?

i love crowder. as danny ainge loves him...
    imo only way we can get him is when boston will start fishing using their million picks and have some salary cap issues.

Realistic MLE SF Targets

We need a deadeye 3pt shooter but you don't know about Dudley? He is shooting 42.5% from 3pt this year compared to Green's 35.3%. And he's doing it while grabbing more rebounds, playing better defense, and having a MUCH lower usage.

The only question with Dudley is will he opt out or wait a year.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Anyone think jae crowder can be just as good as dammare carroll but he just isn't on a good team?
    Carroll is extremely long and can really guard people...Crowder is savvy, but he's not as long and more of a pest on D rather than a lock down guy like Carroll.....IMO

I'd take Dudley. Best shooter and veteran leader.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We should make a run at Middleton this year if we can. He is playing alot better than Batum

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    We should make a run at Middleton this year if we can. He is playing alot better than Batum
    I don't think he is realistic, that's why I didn't put him on the list. If the most we can offer is the MLE, someone will offer him more and/or Milwaukee would match without blinking

For me Crowder has the athleticism and age over Dudley. He's a guy who can be here at a high level for the next 5-7 years easily. Big strong physical guy that is a team player yet can space the floor and defend.

Honestly though if we go blank on these guys I feel pretty good about Pondexter filling the role. I've hadn't said it before but it was a good job by Demps bringing him back. I was not happy when we traded him the 1st time for Vasquez.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 03-01-2015 at 11:59 AM.

For me Crowder has the athleticism and age over Dudley. He's a guy who can be here at a high level for the next 5-7 years easily. Big strong physical guy that is a team player yet can space the floor and defend.

Honestly though if we go blank on these guys I feel pretty good about Pondexter filling the role. I've said it but it was a good job by Demps bringing him back. I was not happy when we traded him the 1st time for Vasquez.
    I don't think Pondexter becomes this Pondexter if he stays here. Now, of course I can't prove it, but just a feeling. Getting that winning experience and defensive 'know how' and communication and then bringing it back here is a huge part of why he is helping now.

As for Crowder, I love his profile more than his skill set - though I love that too. I think we need to keep collecting guys who can effect a game w/o scoring and who don't mind it if they never touch the ball.

Granted I am not an expert on crowder but I don't think he is our long long term SF. I would assume a few years until more cap space frees up and we can make a bigger splash.

and while I like the energy Qpon, Cole and Cunningham bring I think that more veteran players are a good thing and listening to the Dudley Lowe podcast I really like the work ethic, maturity and mentality of Dudley.

Throw on top of that he is the best catch and shoot guy of the bunch and the most efficient and I would rather Dudley for 2-3 years then crowder.

But I would be happy with either.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Granted I am not an expert on crowder but I don't think he is our long long term SF. I would assume a few years until more cap space frees up and we can make a bigger splash.

and while I like the energy Qpon, Cole and Cunningham bring I think that more veteran players are a good thing and listening to the Dudley Lowe podcast I really like the work ethic, maturity and mentality of Dudley.

Throw on top of that he is the best catch and shoot guy of the bunch and the most efficient and I would rather Dudley for 2-3 years then crowder.

But I would be happy with either.
    Can't disagree with this. However I think we are much farther from title contention and I rather sign the guy that's more likely to be here playing at a high level when I feel we have that title window open if it ever does.

All-Star
    1-Green
    2-Crowbder

Dudley is best catch and shoot, but Crowder isn't far off and he is a more impactful defender. Not the IQ of Dudley yet, but he is the type of guy that can average 2 steals and a block if given the minutes. Has the lateral quickness to cover fast wings and the strength to cover the power wings too.

If Crowder was 38 or 39 percent from three as opposed to 33 percent, he would be as sought after as Demarre Carroll IMO. If you believe he can get there, you lock him up now while he is cheap and possibly have one of the best contracts in the league 2 years from now. Thats what the Hawks did with Carroll, who wasn't a three point threat prior to arriving there. Crowder is further along now than Carroll was then.

Can't disagree with this. However I think we are much farther from title contention and I rather sign the guy that's more likely to be here playing at a high level when I feel we have that title window open if it ever does.
    I'm sure we could parse this out about when we will be contenders or if we will be but my logic with Dudley is that if this team has found a lot of its core and for davis especially, getting guys that have been in the league, know the ins and outs, have veteran knowledge and precense that can be passed down to our inexperienced youth core. Hopefully accelerating that growth. Something that has clearly held us back is not having much if any veteran precense on this team from coach on down that can pull our guys aside and get them to see the things that youthful players tend to miss or ignore.

For instance I loved that on the Lowe podcast they talked about how Dudley is the go to guy for all the young guys in the Bucks organization when the Bucks give out these little scouting tests that also have a bit of league history and basketball fundamentals questions as a way to get players to learn their opponents and the history of the game. Basically he was the go to guy for all the answers. Guy has a great BBIQ. Says he just watched league pass all the time. Constantly scouting teams and just sounded smarter then most supposed experts that spend all day watching and studying the game.

Plus I like his easy going, gets along with everyone, grounded and intelligent demeanor. He would fit in perfectly with the type of character guys we look for.

.....with all that said I understand yours and MM's logic and would be just fine if we went that route and does have the better argument from a longterm perspective.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-01-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Thread Information