Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Monty Williams Could Be NBA Coach Of The Year If We Make The Playoffs!

Given the Graham trade yesterday, this FO is capable of anything. If they fired Monty (after he posts a winning record), I wouldn't be surprised. It wouldn't hurt me, but I could see how some people would be up in arms about it.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Tough one tonight but we shall overcome!

#WeSupportMonty

Banned
    Bad game and a tough loss. Back at it. One thing we really can't afford to do is dwell.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Bad game and a tough loss. Back at it. One thing we really can't afford to do is dwell.
    Agree. Look forward not backwards.

I think it comes down to Kerr or Budenholzer, but due to the toughness in the West, Kerr wins it. That said, it should probably be a split.

You got to give props to Monty. He should get extension especially if we make playoffs.

Perfect game plan vs Lakers!

EXTEND his Contract!

Notice all the Monty Haters have disappeared well accept for the UNO fan.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Notice all the Monty Haters have disappeared well accept for the UNO fan.
    Let's not get crazy. I'm not very high on Monty. I don't think he's done anything in the last few days to silence anyone. I'm also not very low on him either. Like most players and coaches I think he has strengths and weaknesses.

He does seem like a good guy though.

He does the same things wrong now as he has ever done. I haven't noticed one improvement personally. Sam slow pace, same conservative benching when a guy gets two fouls, etc.

But results have changed due to more talent, some continuity, and a softer schedule so the narrative has quieted for now. But make no mistake, he is the same coach. And to me, that is a slightly above average coach. Not a great one, not a terrible one.
    @mcnamara247

Quote of the year and I'm dead serious. Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He does the same things wrong now as he has ever done. I haven't noticed one improvement personally. Sam slow pace, same conservative benching when a guy gets two fouls, etc.

But results have changed due to more talent, some continuity, and a softer schedule so the narrative has quieted for now. But make no mistake, he is the same coach. And to me, that is a slightly above average coach. Not a great one, not a terrible one.

Some of you that wanted Monty fired could soon have egg on the face if we keep this up. Monty has done a good job keeping team together during these injuries. The team is fighting and wants to win. They are responding to Monty now. This is great isn't it! Admit it Monty is doing a good job!
    Ingrid Williams, ladies and gents.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

There is absolutely no way that you can honestly believe that Monty Williams is an above average NBA coach. I just don't buy it, MM.

Translation: He allows our blog buddies to have above average access compared to other teams around the league. Thibs does not allow the Blog A Bull guys the same access. D'Antoni would not allow this kind of access. George Karl does not know what a "blog" is.
    Last edited by WisconsinHornet; 04-08-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Ingrid Williams, ladies and gents.
    Who is Ingrid Williams?

Who is Ingrid Williams?
    Ingrid Williams (m. 1995)
    Monty Williams, Spouse

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Ingrid Williams (m. 1995)
    Monty Williams, Spouse
    Rita is that you?

If we lose Friday night I will delete this thread. Deal?

Someone needs to change their avi. You look like you're talking to yourself

EAT crow Monty Haters!

monty has received one third place vote in coach of the year ranking. so he was virtually on 13-15 płace with two others.

Thread Information