Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eat Crow Thread

Eat Crow Thread

This thread is for all of us who were naysayers, Monty haters, Reke Haters, AD Haters, and the people who said we had no shot at the playoffs. Call yourself out. #eatcrow

My eat crow moment was when we lost like 6 of 7 games in the thick of the chase, and I was like, It's pretty much over. #eatcrow

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Also i need to Eat crow on Asik. I liked the trade, but he was really ticking me off around midseason. So Asik, i'm sorry, Make your FTs. #eatcrow

Ill step up, im eating a fistful of crow on tyreke. I thought he was a low iq player and a choke artist. Since jrue went down he showed me hes a team player, efficient game manager, and a cold blooded reptile. Specific shout for his defense last night!

I'll eat my crow about Asik... I don't think he'll ever be the offensive monster that we all hope he could be, but I do appreciate the great defense he plays.

I never said I "hate" Reke... I just "hate" some of his decisions. He played a mistake-free game last night when we needed that the most. I'll eat crow on that too... because i didn't think he would play the game he played.

And THANK GAWD Ryno didn't break out the step-back-fade-away from 20 feet! He played a good game as well... we didn't get his shooting (that one 3 he made was HUGE) but he helped on the boards.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Asik cost us a spurs game earlier in the year with that tip in. I cant stand all of his missed dunks. Was really down on the guy for most of the season and had given up on him. But he played with energy last night and had a good game against last years champs. Props to Asik. #eatcrow

I said there was no chance of playoffs in February. I also said the Q-Pon trade was a net neutral. Wrong on both obviously
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I said there was no chance of playoffs in February. I also said the Q-Pon trade was a net neutral. Wrong on both obviously
    Sometimes it feels so good to be wrong

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I don't recall if I said anything to eat crow for (all the greats have a short memory) but
    if I did, I apologize.

Oh man I have a nice plate full of crow to eat. This team really gets me down at times and makes me go off the deep end with my emotions ...but dam did this team ever put it together in a do or die game against arguably the best team in the NBA last night. Not only that but beating THE best team in the NBA a couple nights before. What a beautiful thing baby!!!

I don't think I posted it, but I definitely had thrown in the towel on playoff hopes a couple of weeks ago when Oklahoma City started rolling and we were stubbing our toe. Feels really good to see us where we are now!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The only thing I don't like about it is when people come out of the woodwork to point their finger and demean a person about being wrong. As if we all aren't wrong thousands of times in our lifetime. I think I read somebody on here the other day say something like, "I can't wait until X happens so I can laugh in the face of all those who believed Y"

To me, that is sad. To get pleasure out of pointing and people and calling them stupid or wrong or idiotic, etc. We should have two focuses:

1. To cheer on the Pels
    2. To share our perspective and information with each other so they can do what they may

Nothing more, nothing less.

The only thing I don't like about it is when people come out of the woodwork to point their finger and demean a person about being wrong. As if we all aren't wrong thousands of times in our lifetime. I think I read somebody on here the other day say something like, "I can't wait until X happens so I can laugh in the face of all those who believed Y"

To me, that is sad. To get pleasure out of pointing and people and calling them stupid or wrong or idiotic, etc. We should have two focuses:

1. To cheer on the Pels
    2. To share our perspective and information with each other so they can do what they may

Nothing more, nothing less.
    Agreed. It's one thing for a person to just run off at the fingers with out any sound reason or logic. It's another for someone to state a well thought out opinion and just happen to be wrong or off a bit. There's so many factors into pro sports even the people who are paid million's of dollars aren't greatly accurate being correct.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 04-16-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I gotta eat crow on Tyreke "19 & 11" Evans. He makes plays that leaving me scratching my head, he does things that I wouldn't do or coach, given the opportunity. But, I can't hate on a guy just because I don't like his style. Here's to you 'Reke.

Reke gon reke.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Agreed. It's one thing for a person to just run off a the the fingers with out any sound reason or logic. It's another for someone to state a well thought out opinion and just happen to be wrong or off a bit. There's so many factors into pro sports even the people who are paid million's of dollars aren't greatly accurate being correct.
    Or you could just eat crow like the rest of us.

I've said maybe 10 times I believe Monty is better suited as an assistant. I will go ahead and believe in him as a head coach. Don't let me down cue ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Or you could just eat crow like the rest of us.
    I just don't like the idea of insulting someone for being wrong. I have been here to point out where I feel I was wrong. The term "eating crow" just isn't something I use and as MM pointed out I don't get off on pointing out others being wrong.

Banned
    Just want everyone to remember this if we gets swept.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Just want everyone to remember this if we gets swept.
    Gotta get into the dance to learn how to dance.

Evans has stepped up to me, still not where I would like him to be but better then I imagined he could be.

Qpon has been my biggest missed projection. The guy has truly surprised me.

Gordon. I was ready to write off but his IQ, effort and shooting has completely turned me around on him.

Evans has stepped up to me, still not where I would like him to be but better then I imagined he could be.

Qpon has been my biggest missed projection. The guy has truly surprised me.

Gordon. I was ready to write off but his IQ, effort and shooting has completely turned me around on him.

Hope I am eating more of it in a few weeks, because I will have to predict a Warriors series victory. Bring two more plates if I am wrong and I will devour them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Gotta get into the dance to learn how to dance.
    Agree. The outcome doesn't matter if we don't win the series. Just the confidence and experience alone makes this playoff appearance invaluable.

My problem with the Evans move wasn't necessarily about his lack of ability, but more about his inability to mesh with Holiday(and to a degree Gordon).

Thread Information