Pelicans Report

Thread: Warriors not in total control

Rookie

Playoffs Warriors not in total control

It is the title of NBA.com's Scott Howard-Cooper's analysis.
    Although the race to the play-off was much enjoyable than play-off itself I will be grateful if NOP can win 2 or more matches.

I agree. They are winning, but that's not to say we aren't going quietly. If we are healthy, we can win this series. It's not like the Warriors are doing anything to adjust to us. They are just throwing everything at AD, and hitting their shots. If their shot goes cold (which probably won't happen), they are dead in the water.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

We still have a great shot. the team proved that it can challenge this warriors team on their homecourt. If Jrue and Tyreke play we can take both games in NO. If this series is 2-2 Golden State will be under tremendous pressure and won't be nearly as loose as they are now.

We are hanging with a team with an all time top 10 regular season win %. I will be ecstatic if we can take this to 6. We steal at least one if we are playing anyone else in the league.

We need to win our home games. You can lose in 4 by 1 each and get swept. Or you can Lose by 20 4 times and get 3 wins. I'll take the latter.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    We need to win our home games. You can lose in 4 by 1 each and get swept. Or you can Lose by 20 4 times and get 3 wins. I'll take the latter.

Exactly. I will take these same results for 4 strait games over that 2009 NO vs Denver series (where I can't believe we won one game).

There are no such things as moral victories, but this team has got to have a lot of confidence moving forward regarding certain parts. AD is that good. Cole is that capable. QPon is that good. Reke isn't the chair you want to get rid of moving forward. Gordon has some value. People are getting out to the fire, and they are proving their worth.

If we stay the course (and get healthy) we can make this an even more entertaining series (many thought that there would be massive blowouts due to GS's ability to shoot, and our inexperience), but we are showing that the old belief isn't true.

What I find concerning (and maybe somebody else can reassure me), we look like we are playing loose. We look like we are playing comfortable, and we are down 2-0. That's not a bad thing, but, of the last 3 #8 seeds that beat the #1, their first two games they were very strung out those first two games. They weren't loose. They were finally loosened up in that 3rd game and that made all the difference in the world. That looseness was their magic elixir. Can we get any more loose? Or, is our magic elixir going to be health, and not a care free attitude? Somebody eluded to, "if we can go back to GS 2-2 the pressure will be on them." And I agree. We need to get to that, "this is house money." Mentality if we really want to break them.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Exactly. I will take these same results for 4 strait games over that 2009 NO vs Denver series (where I can't believe we won one game).

There are no such things as moral victories, but this team has got to have a lot of confidence moving forward regarding certain parts. AD is that good. Cole is that capable. QPon is that good. Reke isn't the chair you want to get rid of moving forward. Gordon has some value. People are getting out to the fire, and they are proving their worth.

If we stay the course (and get healthy) we can make this an even more entertaining series (many thought that there would be massive blowouts due to GS's ability to shoot, and our inexperience), but we are showing that the old belief isn't true.

What I find concerning (and maybe somebody else can reassure me), we look like we are playing loose. We look like we are playing comfortable, and we are down 2-0. That's not a bad thing, but, of the last 3 #8 seeds that beat the #1, their first two games they were very strung out those first two games. They weren't loose. They were finally loosened up in that 3rd game and that made all the difference in the world. That looseness was their magic elixir. Can we get any more loose? Or, is our magic elixir going to be health, and not a care free attitude? Somebody eluded to, "if we can go back to GS 2-2 the pressure will be on them." And I agree. We need to get to that, "this is house money." Mentality if we really want to break them.
    I think the major takeaway from games 1&2 were that we know we can win one in Oracle if the ball rolls our way a couple of times (true or not). That's got to give us confidence. I think us playing loose the effect of being a very mature team for our ages.

Yeah, outside of the Bucks, we are the youngest team in the Playoffs (had OKC made it, they would have been younger than us by .2 years). I think our age works to our advantage more than it hurts, but at the same time, the way we are gassing AD...does anyone remember watching the playoffs back in 92 (I'm old)? This series reminds me of that Bulls vs Cavs series. The Cavs had to keep Price and Daughrety out there for 40+ a game or Jordan and them would have made the games a laugher, but the Cavs had to as they were young and inexperienced. But they took the series to 6, and in those final games, Price and Daughrety couldn't keep up. I am afraid of the same thing happening to AD. He is young, but he isn't a marathon runner.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah, outside of the Bucks, we are the youngest team in the Playoffs (had OKC made it, they would have been younger than us by .2 years). I think our age works to our advantage more than it hurts, but at the same time, the way we are gassing AD...does anyone remember watching the playoffs back in 92 (I'm old)? This series reminds me of that Bulls vs Cavs series. The Cavs had to keep Price and Daughrety out there for 40+ a game or Jordan and them would have made the games a laugher, but the Cavs had to as they were young and inexperienced. But they took the series to 6, and in those final games, Price and Daughrety couldn't keep up. I am afraid of the same thing happening to AD. He is young, but he isn't a marathon runner.
    This is the real issue with Ryno not being himself. We cant let Davis sit at all.

Which is a shame because we sure as he11 could use Ryno's shooting. Man it sucks seeing him in this funk.

Thread Information