Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Resigning Ajinca This Summer

a couple of weeks ago I saw, and posted, me having noticed he averaged the least minutes of anyone in the top 50, in regards to per, in the NBA. brandon wright and whiteside were some other low ones.

then right away i saw him goof up and simply disregarded it at how analytic measures sometimes dont mean squat cause they dont tell stuff like how spaztic a guy is if he tries to get a loose ball or something

since then he has been following up and acquiring impressive stats once again

do yal think he could start somewhere? probably not. I find it interesting that at the end of a game we take the tallest and longest player on the court out the game.

basically, i cant get a handle on this guy

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    a couple of weeks ago I saw, and posted, me having noticed he averaged the least minutes of anyone in the top 50, in regards to per, in the NBA. brandon wright and whiteside were some other low ones.

then right away i saw him goof up and simply disregarded it at how analytic measures sometimes dont mean squat cause they dont tell stuff like how spaztic a guy is if he tries to get a loose ball or something

since then he has been following up and acquiring impressive stats once again

do yal think he could start somewhere? probably not. I find it interesting that at the end of a game we take the tallest and longest player on the court out the game.

basically, i cant get a handle on this guy
    I think he "could" start like he did for us last year. However I don't think that's how he wants to be used or how he would be best used. It's hard to use him for long periods of time especially against starters and at the end of games because of his foul rate.

I think his ideal role is just how Jason Smith was used. The best thing is his size allows him to be a true center unlike Smith so it gives us solid depth there.

MM could we do a sign and trade with AA if the free agency price gets to high?

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    MM could we do a sign and trade with AA if the free agency price gets to high?
    We could, though I don't know how much we could get in return outside of an exception and maybe a 2nd rounder. If you are the other team, why help is? Why not just sign him on your own?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Keep Cole and AA at the right price.
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Resigning Ajinca should be a priority. He's proven to be a very capable backup big and if he could defend without fouling we wouldn't need Asik. But I don't see that issue ever getting corrected. It's just his style of play.

Thread Information