Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans vs Heat - 2-27-15 on ESPN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    fify

Holliday nor Anderson are grade A players imo. They get shown a lot of love when they're average players
    Holliday and Davis maybe?

Agree about ryno but would argue Jrue is a very very good player. A/B level then
    Last edited by England_Hornet; 02-28-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    '' We are here!!''

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    Love watching our second and even third level stars really step up these last few games. Tyreke and EG have been superb.

Why can't we get this to wrk when everyone is healthy!! We have 2 absolute A grade players waiting to come back... I hope we can get this to gel and get on a monster run going into the post season...
    1. We've really only played 12 games completely healthy. As a lead into 2, we rolled with Darius Miller, John Salmons, and Austin as key bench players. You could also throw in a slumping Ryno in there.

2. At our healthiest points (w/o EG only or w/o Jrue only) we didn't have the greatest supporting cast, especially with the 100% stretches. People overvalued them IMO which led to bloated expectations.

3. Because of the lack of supporting cast, we rolled with the 3 guard starting lineup when 100%. Statistically they were solid, but in hindsight that group didn't mesh well to me. Same when Gordon went down for that month or two. Reke/Jrue wasn't the greatest mesh, and shifting Babbitt to the starting lineup didn't yield much success.

4. I think we had something going when Monty decided to move DC to starter and Reke to 6th man. But typical Pels luck, Jrue went down shortly thereafter.

The additions of Poindexter and Cole shored up the supporting cast even more, and Babbitt (who has been playing more 4) and Ajinca are settling into their games more.

4-0 since cole joined. Take that jimmy smith.

Quote Originally Posted by da_freshness View Post
    4-0 since cole joined. Take that jimmy smith.
    Lol...I said it from the moment he was signed. Not sure how anyone didn't see how big that was for us. He's a true pg with excellent on ball defense. We have nobody else like him on this team. He's the best pg on our team at this very moment. Reke is more of a hybrid. Imo.

Thread Information