Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Monty admits to making mistakes with coaching this season.

Monty admits to making mistakes with coaching this season.

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...illiams_5.html

Any Idea on what he's talking about. It doesn't seem like something small like forgetting to call a timeout or bad rotations.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 02-26-2015 at 09:46 PM.

1-6

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    First step is admitting it...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    He forget Luke Babbitt was on the team while Salmons was here.

I just hope he continues to pick his own brain and look at his inner self for answers to whatever he sees as a problem. Not just throw up his hands and look for "signs" from above.

I still think he is excellent at Xs and Os, but I question his ability to make players execute the way they need to. Make them respect the consequences if they don't. That is the difference between a good head coach and a good assistant.

I think he's pretty much admitting if they don't make the playoffs he is gone.
    I tell you what though the bible bashing gets on my nerves.

probably set minutes for guys & not sticking with the hot hand. you know whos coming in & out outside of foul trouble before the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This. Its to the point where its uncomfortable to speak of faith .
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I forgive Monty. Let us sign Monty to extension through 2020 and ditch Dell since he got rid of all our talent. Mainly Thornton, Aminu,Vasquez. However I do like Norris Cole and Luke Babbit pick ups.
    Last edited by 4Real; 02-26-2015 at 10:11 PM.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    What bible bashing? Not one comment for the article attacked his faith.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    What bible bashing? Not one comment for the article attacked his faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I just hope he continues to pick his own brain and look at his inner self for answers to whatever he sees as a problem. Not just throw up his hands and look for "signs" from above.

I still think he is excellent at Xs and Os, but I question his ability to make players execute the way they need to. Make them respect the consequences if they don't. That is the difference between a good head coach and a good assistant.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Dear God,

Please get Jrue, A.D. and Ryno healthy quick so Monty does not lose his job

Signed,

Pels Fans

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I got that from this too. Maybe the FO lit the fire under him and said if no playoffs this season he's gone. With out record being so bad against sub .500 team we should have been comfortably in the playoffs right now.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 02-27-2015 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Dear God,

Please get Jrue, A.D. and Ryno healthy quick so Monty does not lose his job

Signed,

Pels Fans
    We didn't sign this

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    I forgive Monty. Let us sign Monty to extension through 2020 and ditch Dell since he got rid of all our talent. Mainly Thornton, Aminu,Vasquez. However I do like Norris Cole and Luke Babbit pick ups.
    There's a right, entertaining way to do it, and the wrong way to do it... and this is definitely the wrong way.

BSH, if you consider that bashing,then you are overly sensitive. Personally, i agree with Luckyman. The answers lie within Monty's head;There ain't no God controlling the game. However, I'm fine with Monty being a man of faith, as long as he doesn't alienate guys in the locker room because they are guys who don't believe.

Its hard to coach a team full of young talent when the team full of young talent is always wearing suits rather than their gameday unis.

The sad truth is that monty has not had a chance to coach a team with real talent for a full season ever since CP and DW left. Everybody brings up his record but never mentions how he has coached a team full of pups and D-leaguers, but the one thing you hear from people outside of the organization is that the Hornets/Pels are going to play you tough every night.

If Monty gets fired he'll get another job, and I'll root for the guy wherever he goes because I understand his struggle here. And when they bring Avery here to coach the team you'll wish Monty was still here, because nobody is gonna want to come to play for Avery even if AD is here.

BSH, if you consider that bashing,then you are overly sensitive. Personally, i agree with Luckyman. The answers lie within Monty's head;There ain't no God controlling the game. However, I'm fine with Monty being a man of faith, as long as he doesn't alienate guys in the locker room because they are guys who don't believe.
    I didn't consider anything, anything. So please do not point at me. I was merely pointing out what could be considered bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Its hard to coach a team full of young talent when the team full of young talent is always wearing suits rather than their gameday unis.

The sad truth is that monty has not had a chance to coach a team with real talent for a full season ever since CP and DW left. Everybody brings up his record but never mentions how he has coached a team full of pups and D-leaguers, but the one thing you hear from people outside of the organization is that the Hornets/Pels are going to play you tough every night.

If Monty gets fired he'll get another job, and I'll root for the guy wherever he goes because I understand his struggle here. And when they bring Avery here to coach the team you'll wish Monty was still here, because nobody is gonna want to come to play for Avery even if AD is here.
    Its not so much injuries it's under performing. Having one of the worst defensive teams for the past 5 years. Losing to teams like the Magic, Knicks, Sixers, and Jazz when you have the playoffs on the line. Having one of the worst passing teams in the leauge. Not playing to you team strengths having Tyreke, AD, Gordon, and Jrue who are great in transition but play at the slowest pace in the league.

BSH, I just realized that. Sorry bout dat!

BSH, I just realized that. Sorry bout dat!
    No bigs

Okay I'm serious what has Monty done that warrants his firing? He has gotten some bad breaks as far as injuries go on the team but continues to plug along even though he has made some bad decisions. We all make mistakes. Be careful what you wish for if you want Monty fired. Avery Johnson goes to church too.

John Reid got a lot of joy hearing Monty admit that.

I think the Rivers situation had Monty's hands tied the last 2 years. ...

It's interesting to read through this thread then read the article. People I think are looking too deep at what Monty is saying. I read it and took his admission of making mistakes as him admitting he hasn't done everything perfectly. Maybe he's here next year, maybe he's gone. But I don't think this article gives any secret insight into that.

The Franchise
    For me, he should lose his job due to the losses to sub 500 teams when he had his full lineup. If we win half those games we are in the 8th spot and possibly the 7th spot. That loss to the Magic a few days ago was terrible. He had AD and Ryno.

Thread Information