Pelicans Report

Thread: SKC Continued Upgrades?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

SKC Continued Upgrades?

The Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Smoothie King Center are in line for some significant upgrades.

It just a matter of some final details being worked out. The Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District, New Orleans Saints and SMG are combining to cover the cost of the upgrades, which was discussed during Wednesday's monthly LSED Board meeting.

New scoreboards, video boards and a state of the art HD room that will service both venues will be major part of the fan experience improvements. SMG is set to go ahead with Trahan Architects designing the projects, but it was made clear Wednesday that no contracts will be signed for the work until all of the money is in hand.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ical_comm.html

Banned
    The fact that they are right next to each other and can do a lot with that common area is really cool. They have been doing an excellent job. Can't wait to see. New scoreboards were definitely needed.

Hopefully new massive screens for both the SKC and Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Hopefully new massive screens for both the SKC and Dome.
    hopefully the screen the SKC had for all star game. That thing was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    hopefully the screen the SKC had for all star game. That thing was beautiful.
    That Madison Square Garden/ Atlantis Hotel feel (only the court is lit) feel is where it's at.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

They could do things that are so minor yet amplify the experience so much more. Screens and lighting. All that is needed.
    I'm a grinder

I can only hope that they replace the sound system. They've needed that for years. Every time I'm in the arena, I can't understand anything that comes over the speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by thiefinthenight View Post
    I can only hope that they replace the sound system. They've needed that for years. Every time I'm in the arena, I can't understand anything that comes over the speakers.
    Superdome is even worse. Partially because of turrible acoustics in the dome (i've marched with bands in there before, its bad) and partially because of turrible PA system.

I hope this Benson mess don't hold things up.

F.Y.I. the thread was started YESTERDAY!

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...g-to-the-S-K-C

New videoboard will look something like this possibly

New stats boards. The location and size are poor. I strain my neck at every game trying to glean stats. It is often hard to even tell who on opposing team is in the game and their foul situation.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Thread Information