Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If the Pelicans were to make the playoffs, will it be over Spurs or Thunder?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    OKC have a hard schedule, westbrook can go on a cold stretch and they will lose everyone cos his still gonna take 38 shots...
    Pelicans have the second easiest schedule in the league to go
    If you think they have a tough schedule> Good Gravy, you should go check Dallas's schedule ! Holy Bejesus!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Westbrook went down at the end as well. We'll see how that ends up
    What do u mean he went down?

OKC has a hard schedule? So do we. It's why it was so important to get those wins during our easy stretch because it is pretty tough from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    OKC has a hard schedule? So do we. It's why it was so important to get those wins during our easy stretch because it is pretty tough from here on out.
    I'm just hoping (naively, I'm sure) that by the time it gets tougher, we'll be getting our guys back.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    You know what I notice... Pelican's has a decent bench now
    This. People Underestimate the effect that adding someone like Cole can have on this team.

Now, with the second unit, you have a guy that can AND will make every pass that there is: swings, skip passes, backdoor cuts, entry passes, hitting the roll man, etc.. it's not the other guys' faults, but they're not true lead guards and can't make a lot of those passes.

To me, I don't think it's a coincidence that guys like Babbitt and Ajinca are stepping up when Cole was added. I think he adds 10% to each of Pondexter, DC, Ajinca, Babbitt.... whereas the other group of guards we rolled out (each had a very, very specific weakness) was making them each 10% worse than they are.

Also, it's not a coincidence that Babbitt's defense looks better when Cole and Pondexter and sometimes DC are flanking the perimeter with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I'm just hoping (naively, I'm sure) that by the time it gets tougher, we'll be getting our guys back.
    Well since we can't seem to string together back 2 backs very well it gets tougher after tonight. Next up is a back 2 back @denver and @ Dallas. Then we play an improving Pistons team then go on another back 2 back: Boston and Memphis.

Realistically I think best case scenario is 4-2. But I could easily see us going .500.

Anyone find anything out about Westbrook going down? Even in thunder blogs, I can't even find a mention of it, but it didn't look too good when it happened.

Well since we can't seem to string together back 2 backs very well it gets tougher after tonight. Next up is a back 2 back @denver and @ Dallas. Then we play an improving Pistons team then go on another back 2 back: Boston and Memphis.

Realistically I think best case scenario is 4-2. But I could easily see us going .500.
    I would say the same, except best case scenario is 5-1. Realistically, I would guess 5-2. Miami sans bosh, Boston, Denver sans basketball players, and Detroit sans height advantage should be wins for us IMO.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    Anyone find anything out about Westbrook going down? Even in thunder blogs, I can't even find a mention of it, but it didn't look too good when it happened.

Westbrook shot 31.6% last night.

Slowing down?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post

Slowing down?
    If a triple double is slowing down, I'd hate to see when he gets going again

Slowing down?
    And yet people were praising him dude was what 10 of 32 that's horrible while Bledsoe was 11 or 12 of 15 16 for 26....and that whole he's hurt thing was him faking it bc he missed a wide open lay up bc he figured he'd make it an even harder one for no reason

Man plz look at him and Bledsoe and rlly tell me who had a better game cause it wasn't Westbrook

I would say the same, except best case scenario is 5-1. Realistically, I would guess 5-2. Miami sans bosh, Boston, Denver sans basketball players, and Detroit sans height advantage should be wins for us IMO.
    "Should be wins" is the story of our season...

If history is our compass we will not win all of those easy games.

I suppose that's the end of that! Much obliged.

Yeah, but he's taking a lot more shots to do so and his team lost.

If he wants to go all "Kobe" and his team lose, I'm cool with it.

"Should be wins" is the story of our season...

If history is our compass we will not win all of those easy games.
    True that. I realize I'm probably projecting a little too much onto him, but I have a "greater than the sum of his contributions" inkling for Norris. I feel like having a true lead guard in the 2nd unit for the first time, and having a true bulldog perimeter defender on the team for the 1st time since jrue went down will make a lot of guys look better than they did before.

Whether or not that effect will translate to wins, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Man plz look at him and Bledsoe and rlly tell me who had a better game cause it wasn't Westbrook
    People love guys like Westbrook and Harden because they are regular season monsters. But a handful of games like Westbrooks last night would bury a team in the playoffs. And they both have a tendency to have games like that more often due to the nature of the playoffs.

To me I still don't think you can win a championship with guys like Harden or Westbrook playing the way they do with the usage they get. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, but he's taking a lot more shots to do so and his team lost.

If he wants to go all "Kobe" and his team lose, I'm cool with it.
    Me too. "I got my team on my back" Westbrook is 50% worse than "I'm gonna do me" Westbrook.

I suppose that's the end of that! Much obliged.
    No prob. I was just as curious as you about his health, especially when it means a better chance at the playoffs.

People love guys like Westbrook and Harden because they are regular season monsters. But a handful of games like Westbrooks last night would bury a team in the playoffs. And they both have a tendency to have games like that more often due to the nature of the playoffs.

To me I still don't think you can win a championship with guys like Harden or Westbrook playing the way they do with the usage they get. But that's just my opinion.
    This is exactly how I feel. People call Westbrook MVP candidate and he has been putting up monster numbers but his game play is so counter to team ball it's hard to ever imagine him winning in the post season.

People complain about Tyreke going ISO and AD not getting enough shots. Could you imagine Westbrook here? Dude is putting up a near 38% usage rating. He went into the Suns game shooting 28% from 3pt. He took 10!! 3pt shots in the game. Made 1.

I feel the exact same about Westbrook as I did last year. I don't want him on the team because he would be the most frustrating player to watch. Yes he can single handedly win you games but he can also single handedly lose you just as many.

He even admitted after the game he didn't trust his teammates and it was something he needs to "work on". Let's see how well that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. People call Westbrook MVP candidate and he has been putting up monster numbers but his game play is so counter to team ball it's hard to ever imagine him winning in the post season.

People complain about Tyreke going ISO and AD not getting enough shots. Could you imagine Westbrook here? Dude is putting up a near 38% usage rating. He went into the Suns game shooting 28% from 3pt. He took 10!! 3pt shots in the game. Made 1.

I feel the exact same about Westbrook as I did last year. I don't want him on the team because he would be the most frustrating player to watch. Yes he can single handedly win you games but he can also single handedly lose you just as many.

He even admitted after the game he didn't trust his teammates and it was something he needs to "work on". Let's see how well that will happen.
    I've been saying this exact thing about 3 specific players for about 4 years now. Blake Griffin, Westbrook, and Dwight Howard.

I've always felt that the way they get their points and the amount of touches they need (esp. down the stretch), that while obviously talented and successful, I don't think you win titles with that style of production on the Roster. If blake spent 50% more time setting screens, rim running, and floating back door, Russell focused entirely on being a 2nd option and attacking not-fully-set defenses (or OKC staggered minutes so him and durant were never both off the floor), and Dwight tried really hard to be Tyson Chandler on steroids, all of those teams get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    People up here in OKC LOVE to complain about Westbrook. He is their scapegoat for anything that goes wrong.

He is their Tyreke.

I've said it before elsewhere but put a good facilitator like Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Mike Conley or even Rajon Rondo on that thunder team and they are a dynasty IMO.

They have had so many weapons on that roster just get ignored for long stretches because westbrook has tunnel vision and he only really sees the hoop and to a lesser extent Durant most of the time.

Thread Information