Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans vs Nets - 2-25-15

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Monty has been coaching his butt off
    It was really refreshing hearing Raptors' fans praise Monty for coaching so excellently. Then again, any coach is good compared to Casey for them, but it was still nice to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Rivers and salmons for qpon and cole, demps is a monster
    Just like any player, he's needed time to grow into his role and improve. You can't fault any of the work he's done since the season began.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Just like any player, he's needed time to grow into his role and improve. You can't fault any of the work he's done since the season began.
    Well let's be honest what was the last bad trade he made?and ik you can say tyreke but have we ever seen tyreke I the playoffs maybe he becomes this guy bc lately he doesn't seem to care what his points are

I actually still think the tyreke trade was a great one

I'm loving the addition of Q-Pon and Cole this season. Q-Pon could actually be our 3 and D starting SF and Norris Cole is the ideal back-up PG (play d, shoot the 3, and control the offense) we have been needing for a long time. If we can get healthy, a starting line up of Jrue, Gordon, Q-Pon, AD, Asik with Cole, Reke, and Ryno, off the bench will be deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I'm loving the addition of Q-Pon and Cole this season. Q-Pon could actually be our 3 and D starting SF and Norris Cole is the ideal back-up PG (play d, shoot the 3, and control the offense) we have been needing for a long time. If we can get healthy, a starting line up of Jrue, Gordon, Q-Pon, AD, Asik with Cole, Reke, and Ryno, off the bench will be deadly.
    I love Q-Pon, but I don't think he can be our starter. If you are looking at playoff basketball, he would be the worst starting SF in the West playoffs, save for maybe Barnes. Ideally, he is an energy guy who plays the 2 and 3 off the bench for 20-22 mins IMO. Great game for him tonight, but he was shooting 40% from the field, 32% from three, with below avg reb and assist numbers for us coming into tonight.

Love him as a 7th man. Don't want to depend on him any more than that. Not if you are trying to win 4 series against elite teams.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I love Q-Pon, but I don't think he can be our starter. If you are looking at playoff basketball, he would be the worst starting SF in the West playoffs, save for maybe Barnes. Ideally, he is an energy guy who plays the 2 and 3 off the bench for 20-22 mins IMO. Great game for him tonight, but he was shooting 40% from the field, 32% from three, with below avg reb and assist numbers for us coming into tonight.

Love him as a 7th man. Don't want to depend on him any more than that. Not if you are trying to win 4 series against elite teams.
    I agree, and he played that exact role to perfection for Memphis during their playoff runs!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Do you really think Dudley is an upgrade though?
    I'm not going to pretend to know his game but is he really the answer at the 3 next season?
    Would he leave the Bucks for the MLE?

BTW: Here is that interview with Grantland you were referring to MM (Good Read).

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...espnapi_public

yes dudley would be perfect, brings more leadership, and also would love to have him and quincy as our SF's, both off ball 3pt shooters and defenders, so more touches for jrue, AD, and Tyreke.

We played well and deserved to win . Let's continue this streak

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by moon54 View Post
    We played well and deserved to win . Let's continue this streak
    I just hope they keep winning and the Spurs keep losing.

Thread Information