Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: N/P: Derrick Rose headed to the surgery table again

NBA N/P: Derrick Rose headed to the surgery table again

for as much talent he has... Rose just can not stay healthy

edit:
    Last edited by rt0307; 02-24-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

horrible news. he must be so bloody frustrated

Man, I feel so bad for the guy. I have had two ACL surgeries my self. Everyone says you can come back just like before surgery, but your knees really are never as strong as before surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and to think we get frustrated over Jrue, could u only imagine how the Bulls fans' feel about their former MVP in Rose? terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    and to think we get frustrated over Jrue, could u only imagine how the Bulls fans' feel about their former MVP in Rose? terrible.
    We have that with Eric Gordon he was supposed to be the best sg in ghe leauge by now.

1-6

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    We have that with Eric Gordon he was supposed to be the best sg in ghe leauge by now.
    Did you just parallel Derrick Rose and Eric Gordon? Hoping this is a joke.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Ya know, I don't mean this in a bad way. Derrick Rose is awesome and I love him a lot. But "lol". Just damn "lol". It's sad of course. But it's just ridiculous at this point. I'm sure his spirit is almost beyond repair at this point.

Me being from Illinois I remember when Eric Gordon committed to Illinois and he joined Roses AAU team for few tournaments and they won 2 of them and everybody thought they were both coming to Illinois out of high school. Watching the games on Rivals I remember thinking that for a year they are going to set the world on fire and how good are they going to look in Bruce Weber's motion offense. Well Gordon decommitted and went to the arch rival Indiana and Rose shunned Illinois unlike most Chicago Simeon Kids because he couldn't pass an ACT. But it has really been hard watching the two of them go thru so many injuries in the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    In the sense of being a great young player decimated by injuries.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    What an amazing talent. The BULLS better step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Why would that be a joke? Gordon, like Rose, was considered to be the next great player at his position until they got decimated by injury.

Rose was a more likable guy until Gordon had an attitude readjustment and a growth in maturity but both have had very unfortunate bouts with injuries that have hurt their respective franchises immensely. And it is sad to see them have to go through it. And their organizations as well.

When people say we are injury prone I think of Rose, and then I think we don't have it so bad.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Is it the same knee?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Is it the same knee?
    Same knee as his meniscus tear last year. Opposite knee from his ACL tear

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Brandon Roy all over again.

I feel bad for the guy. I'm always a fan of the guys that give it their all and stay quiet with the media, much like Marques Colston.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Thing is,

What does Chicago do?

Do they piece things together with another FA PG?

When do they stop trying to figure it out and start talking a buyout with Rose?

I think at this point the problem chicago is facing is they have 3 years at 20 million left with the guy.

It's sad but Gordon looks like a bargain with a silver lining coming up in comparison.

Unless a team like Phoenix wants to take the risk I think Brandon Roy is the right analogy.

At this point I don't know how they ever take that next step until they can free up his money to move on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Why would that be a joke? Gordon, like Rose, was considered to be the next great player at his position until they got decimated by injury.

Rose was a more likable guy until Gordon had an attitude readjustment and a growth in maturity but both have had very unfortunate bouts with injuries that have hurt their respective franchises immensely. And it is sad to see them have to go through it. And their organizations as well.
    Eric Gordon was never anywhere near Derrick Rose. He was a good player on a terrible team. Sadly, injuries have derailed both, but they aren't close to comparable losses.

Brandon Roy and Rose would be somewhat comparable.

I believe magic johnson played his whole career with a meniscus tear. If it was just pain in his knee and not an inability to bend his knee, I would have just gone for rehab and rest. I've had a meniscus tear in my right knee that hurts every day, but my doc told me studies show that rehab is just as effective as surgery for smaller grade meniscus tears. I think rushing to the surgery table again and again to remove pieces of the knee joint is a downward spiral that can easily lead to a Brandon Roy situation. I'm pretty sure Eric Gordon still has a torn meniscus but works hard everyday to keep it from bothering him, strengthen his thighs, and stay on the court.

I have to believe Rose is very sensitive and scared about his knees now and will never be back to his old form. He'll probably want more and more rest. I just hope he opts for sewing it back together rather than removing a significant portion of it. Look at what that did to D-Wade.

Anyway, I think meniscus issues are sometimes more troublesome than ACL tears in that they never seem to go away. I feel like ACLs tear, then that's that and the pain eventually goes away, but meniscus fragments stay in your knee joint. You can feel that forever.

Yeah, this has officially become depressing.

It stinks that he is out, but between the emergence of Gasol and Butler, they are still a top team in the east, and possibly an eastern conference contender.

I wonder if it's just those herky jerky, awkward movements he makes. Nothing he does looks pretty but the ball goes in. Always looks like he is straining his body. With all these injuries, maybe he does.

I wonder if the Bulls will find a way to make a move for Rondo. If it meant shipping Rose to Dallas it still wouldn't be a bad deal. Cuban might be down for that as well.

gordon was never a MVP talent

gordon was never a MVP talent

Thread Information