Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Has the Asik experiment failed?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 24.72%
  • No

67 75.28%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Has the Asik experiment failed?

...we get to go McDonalds
    The issue isn't whether we want to keep him, it's $$$. What are saying he's valued at? I'd value him at 9 or 10 per year and I think he gets more from another team. And even at that price, I'd be scared to sign the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    The issue isn't whether we want to keep him, it's $$$. What are saying he's valued at? I'd value him at 9 or 10 per year and I think he gets more from another team. And even at that price, I'd be scared to sign the deal.
    Because you aren't taking into consideration the cap spike. Even an 11m/yr deal is really equal to a 7m/yr deal right now. No one would object to giving Asik 7m/yr. Just gotta recalibrate your perspective.

...we get to go McDonalds
    For sure. Point remains however that I'd be hesitant to give him any type of 'he is part of my core going forward' money. Like everything, it'll just be relative to how we can replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    For sure. Point remains however that I'd be hesitant to give him any type of 'he is part of my core going forward' money. Like everything, it'll just be relative to how we can replace him.
    That's an easy answer. If Gordon doesn't opt out we can't replace him.

Thread Information